The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I don't blame McGlynn if he moves on, and if he does I'd bet the shite that was thrown at him over Goodwillie and the discontent at the team's bad run played a part in. Predictable to see the cancel mob on here starting to greet now they realise what they're losing, and what they're likely to end up with.

McGlynn is moving on because we’ve offered less money than Falkirk. That doesn’t seem to be one of your scenarios. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Agreed but he will be aware some of our support wanted him gone as well , no one could answer who they think we could realistically get to replace him so guess what we better fucking come up with an answer soon 🤦🏻‍♂️

He's been given nothing but support at matches, though. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Falkirk can offer a better playing budget. Despite what one may think facing another season in league one, the club is financially healthy. 

9 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I don't blame McGlynn if he moves on, and if he does I'd bet the shite that was thrown at him over Goodwillie and the discontent at the team's bad run is a big consideration. Predictable to see the cancel mob on here starting to greet now they realise what they're losing.

Which part of the criticism was unwarranted? 1. He signed a sex offended or 2. He won 1 game in 14.  They both seem worthy of criticism for a manager. Perhaps if we’d played Goodwillie he’d have stayed.  If he wins 1 game in 14 at Falkirk he’ll not be criticized he’ll be unemployed.  With the exception of Social Media which I doubt he reads he didn’t get much stick at games over either.  Don’t recall any chants for his head at games. 

10 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

McGlynn is moving on because we’ve offered less money than Falkirk. That doesn’t seem to be one of your scenarios. 

McGlynn didn't come to Rovers for money; that doesn't seem to have registered with you.

The financial offer he’s got from Falkirk will be sizeably bigger and it’s a chance to have a clean break after last season. That being said, you don’t imagine McGlynn has many years left before retirement, 5 max? He’s spent the last five years at us building a squad year on year. Falkirk are a basket case club where he could easily be out on his ear within 6 months if it doesn’t go well. All round fucking pish, but what can you do? Be keen to see if he can turn Brad McKay into a passable League 1 centre half. 

Oaft, what a day. Just catching up on this. Not a done deal yet but looking very likely. 

Based on the 2nd half of our season, McGlynn is taking a big risk moving to Falkirk. His signings are not always great and I would imagine that if he doesn't get off to a good start he will not get the same time from the Falkirk  fans as he got here to build his squad. Yes we have played some nice football and he has moved the club on from the Barry Smith era but we have just shitfested our way to 3 wins in 20 games playing some really shite stuff. We also made the worst 2 signings in Scottish football history this season in Goodwillie and Keatings.

I would be reluctant for us to offer a big wage increase and a 3 year deal to him so if Falkirk are then fair fucks. The fact that no club higher than us is interested speaks volumes. Falkirk taking a risk here too, we had a five year plan for premier league football too and we are nowhere near it.

They key now is how we replace. McPake would be a disaster, he isn't what we are looking for. I think it needs to be a relatively new manager with good Rovers connections/ history. Someone with an affinity with the fans. Prime candidate in my head would be someone like Laurie Ellis or Danny Lennon. Maybe doesn't create a huge amount of excitement but would much prefer this to some fucking jobber that has been around the houses with no Rovers connection at all.

Never a dull moment doon the old san starko.

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

He’s moving on now because of it though. 

I’d disagree with you on that, if I was to speculate I’d think the biggest reason is he was thrown under the bus by the board over the Goodwillie saga while they hid.  He possibly also wants to move to distance himself from the whole affair as it’ll stick around for the next few years.  The extra cash will be a bonus but I’d be surprised if that or the fans are the reason. 

Christophe Berra has a LinkedIn page and he doesn’t note his primary school under Education, so that’s an improvement on Gary Locke.

097F59F4-9607-4C91-8046-3123E73EB0E4.png

2915C0A4-71BC-456C-8A10-379E798A06E6.png

Edited by Scary Bear

6 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Prime candidate in my head would be someone like Laurie Ellis or Danny Lennon. Maybe doesn't create a huge amount of excitement but would much prefer this to some fucking jobber that has been around the houses with no Rovers connection at all.

I’d take Laurie because he’s a lovely, lovely guy and loves the Rovers. Don’t care that it didn’t work at Queen’s Park. I’d take him over the likes of McPake all day. Lennon I’m less sold on, probably want to get away from DG associations.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I’d take Laurie because he’s a lovely, lovely guy and loves the Rovers. Don’t care that it didn’t work at Queen’s Park. I’d take him over the likes of McPake all day. Lennon I’m less sold on, probably want to get away from DG associations.

Canny argue with that. 

I would take Ellis all day long.