The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I think most would take that but depends if he fancies a crack at the main job. 

He had a go at it before when McGlynn was in hospital. Went well but that was only for a few games.

If McGlynn is away does he take his back room staff?

Edited by Scary Bear

Funnily enough, a few weeks ago I’d presumed that was the end of things for John McGlynn, but he’s going to end up taking Falkirk past us in the league, isn’t he?

Let’s see who we appoint to take over.  

Edited by McGuigan1978

Is Paul Smith even full time? Either way, I'd be incredibly surprised if he didn't go with McGlynn, they seem very much like a team. 

I really think this has all the makings of a complete disaster, especially if we employ James fucking McPake, for f**k sake. I'd rather have Berra than McPake, by an order of magnitudes, on the basis that at least we don't know Berra is a total hopeless eejit of a manager just yet. 

22 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

If it's reached the point whereby we lose McGlynn and the club goes into free fall then we really are in an almighty mess.

McGlynn was never going to be the manager forever. The reaction to him leaving from some on here is hysterical.

I suppose like any situation, it’s how we replace him. 

Appoint someone who  takes us forward then fair enough. If we appoint a complete goon then we have to be asking questions of the board, who are presumably already under pressure? 

Edited by McGuigan1978

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

I suppose like any situation, it’s how we replace him. 

Appoint some one one who generally takes us forward then fair enough. If we appoint another goon then we have to be asking better. 

Well shaughan  get your suggestions into the board, you probably know all the likely candidates and have interviewed them for your show🤦🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

If it's reached the point whereby we lose McGlynn and the club goes into free fall then we really are in an almighty mess.

McGlynn was never going to be the manager forever. The reaction to him leaving from some on here is hysterical.

Of course it is, if he’s gone he’s gone.  McGlynn could have been great next season (see 1st half of season) or a complete disaster (see 2nd half of season). As for who replaces him (if he’s gone) it’s an absolute lottery just because someone was a dud at a previous club doesn’t mean they’ll fail here equally we could bring in a proven manager and sack them by Christmas.  

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Well shaughan  get your suggestions into the board, you probably know all the likely candidates and have interviewed them for your show🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t think the Board are particularly interested in me, and not sure I’ve interviewed the likely candidates to be quite honest. 

29 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Well if some folk wanted Mcglynn gone who did they think we would end up with 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️  What a fucking shambles of a day if true 

'Some people' would say that if the board wanted to keep McGlynn then they should've been a lot more proactive about it, rather then embarrass themselves yet again this season. 

The board clearly wanted to keep him. It's entirely on them. 

I don't blame McGlynn if he moves on, and if he does I'd bet the shite that was thrown at him over Goodwillie and the discontent at the team's bad run played a part in the decision. Predictable to see the cancel mob on here starting to greet now they realise what they're losing, and what they're likely to end up with.

Edited by Raith_Raver

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

'Some people' would say that if the board wanted to keep McGlynn then they should've been a lot more proactive about it, rather then embarrass themselves yet again this season. 

The board clearly wanted to keep him. It's entirely on them. 

Agreed but he will be aware some of our support wanted him gone as well , no one could answer who they think we could realistically get to replace him so guess what we better fucking come up with an answer soon 🤦🏻‍♂️