The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Look at the managers that full time clubs in this division and the one below have hired in the last two years:

Gus McPherson

David Hopkin

Billy Dodds

Paul Sheerin

Martin Rennie

Peter Grant 

Jim Duffy

John Hughes

Dougie Imrie

Derek McInnes 

Lee Bullen

Wullie Gibson 

Is there anyone there you'd want, other than Derek McInnes (who we definitely couldn't afford) and maybe Dougie Imrie (based on a fairly small sample size). 

That's the market we're about to go shopping in for a new manager. That's the best that the boards of clubs similar to ours have come up with. 

It's one thing if the board have decided that they don't want John McGlynn any more. I don't agree, but that's the decisions that boards have to make. It's another thing entirely if they've decided that actually they do want him but they've allowed him to be tempted away because they've done nothing about it until now. 

If that’s the market, we’re knackered. If the likes of Craig Levein and Ian Murray can’t be persuaded then it’s likely a rookie manager. Fingers crossed he’s a Jimmy Nicholl Mk1 instead of a Gary Locke.

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:

If Montrose fail in the playoffs, Stewart Petrie, for the stramash along the road if nothing else.

Petrie is not going to give up his full time job outside of football.

The fucking board have sat on their hands. Falkirk are offering McGlynn the keys to the kingdom and we're probably offering a 1 year deal for less money and "there's 41 other clubs to manage" if you don't like it. 

Yet the best they can come up with is James McPake? Who comes across as someone who struggles to spell his own fucking name. 

McPake ffs. What an absolute shambles. McGlynn built a team as good as McPake's Dundee side on a fraction of their budget so to let McGlynn go to bring him in makes zero sense. Absolute buffoons running our club. Can't see me attending many matches next season if that clown gets the job. 

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Petrie has a good job outside of football. He's about as likely to join us as Jack Ross.

Gets brought up by every F/T club outside the Premiership and never goes to any of them, he’s not leaving Montrose unless it’s a big club in the top league. 

Hint - I wasn't serious about Petrie. I know he has a good job outside football. I know he could have been in Championship by now if he wanted etc. But imagine the giggles....

Trying to find light in what is becoming a darkening day. I did point out McGlynn's slight choke in his post match when he said, "It's our last game.."

33 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Look at the managers that full time clubs in this division and the one below have hired in the last two years:

Gus McPherson

David Hopkin

Billy Dodds

Paul Sheerin

Martin Rennie

Peter Grant 

Jim Duffy

John Hughes

Dougie Imrie

Derek McInnes 

Lee Bullen

Wullie Gibson 

Is there anyone there you'd want, other than Derek McInnes (who we definitely couldn't afford) and maybe Dougie Imrie (based on a fairly small sample size). 

That's the market we're about to go shopping in for a new manager. That's the best that the boards of clubs similar to ours have come up with. 

It's one thing if the board have decided that they don't want John McGlynn any more. I don't agree, but that's the decisions that boards have to make. It's another thing entirely if they've decided that actually they do want him but they've allowed him to be tempted away because they've done nothing about it until now. 

Hey! Where's Gary Caldwell?

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

McPake surely a wind up. No one has mentioned the cheap option - Paul Smith. After all, his wife is probably involved in helping make the decision. 

I think most would take that but depends if he fancies a crack at the main job.