The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, renton said:

If McGlynn doesn't get offered another gig, he'd be as well taking a few months out, then filling in for the first championship casualty next season. Bit of a waste to drop down to a division to a club who are an even worse basketcase off the park than we are.

Or, perhaps, the thought that if he got a, say, two year deal at Falkirk for more dosh and then they get unhappy and can him before then end of the first season, he gets free moolah…

I think the most underrated factor here is how the BoD left JMcG hanging out with the DG statement. If that still niggles at JMcG’s  subconscious, we could well see him moving on…if he’s sanguine on that matter, then it might well come down to contract length over money. While waiting for next season’s first Championship opening might sound good, I’m not sure that John has ever spent any real amount of time outwith football since he started, so perhaps moving onto a staff somewhere as a scout or assistant with an understanding?

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Or, perhaps, the thought that if he got a, say, two year deal at Falkirk for more dosh and then they get unhappy and can him before then end of the first season, he gets free moolah…

I think the most underrated factor here is how the BoD left JMcG hanging out with the DG statement. If that still niggles at JMcG’s  subconscious, we could well see him moving on…if he’s sanguine on that matter, then it might well come down to contract length over money. While waiting for next season’s first Championship opening might sound good, I’m not sure that John has ever spent any real amount of time outwith football since he started, so perhaps moving onto a staff somewhere as a scout or assistant with an understanding?

How many permutations have you come up with?

He'll be offered and sign a two year deal in a day or two.

57 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Can't see JM walking for the sake of a few quid. Might do if its  down to the length of contract.

Heard at my Gym 64 induction that our CEO is the highest earner at the club which is utterly mind-boggling if true.

She is supposed to be being paid by John Sim and not the club, and is someone we dont really need

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Your definitely American 😂😂 honestly every base covered 

11 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Your definitely American 😂😂 honestly every base covered 

Well, I don’t see JMcG sitting home…You heard him describe how frustrating the COVID shutdown was for him.

I’m just not sold that he’s happy with having been made the media patsie, until Sim opened his gob, for the situation by the Board. But please note that I didn’t address anything over a two year contractor under one year (see Rennie at Falkirk). I will freely admit my speculation is moderately wild, especially as I don’t have the ear to the ground you lot do.

There is something to be said with how McGlynns view of the board is. After the whole fiasco in January he has been the only one to come out hold his hands up and show some contrition. 

The board have otherwise stuck their fingers in their ears and pretended it wasn't going on. 

Money isn't everything (well, maybe in the current climate). When john was a scout for celtic, he was on a very good wage, with scouting missions abroad, with all expenses paid. He must have took a decent drop in money to come back to the rovers.

25 minutes ago, pub car king said:

There is something to be said with how McGlynns view of the board is. After the whole fiasco in January he has been the only one to come out hold his hands up and show some contrition. 

The board have otherwise stuck their fingers in their ears and pretended it wasn't going on. 

Agreed. It's something I've also wondered about, although, if McGlynn really felt like he'd been hung out to dry I doubt he'd even be entertaining staying on. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Well, I don’t see JMcG sitting home…You heard him describe how frustrating the COVID shutdown was for him.

I’m just not sold that he’s happy with having been made the media patsie, until Sim opened his gob, for the situation by the Board. But please note that I didn’t address anything over a two year contractor under one year (see Rennie at Falkirk). I will freely admit my speculation is moderately wild, especially as I don’t have the ear to the ground you lot do.

I love your posts mate , you are a bit wild but hey we are all different and be boring if we are all the same 😂

If K107 are right and contract talks are at advanced stage then it’s a good possibility John mcglynn will be staying , Also he has almost a full team resigned for next season and knows what positions to further strength going forward, I would be more confident Brad spencer , Tumilty and Mousonda signing extensions if John was staying . Would rather Mcglynn stay cos I’ve no confidence in the present board making a good appointment and gives me the fear of previous appointments  of Locke , Smith , Hughes and the cheap option of Grant Murray . 

So what's the state of play regarding signed players for next season:

Goalkeepers: MacDonald and Thomson

Defenders: Dick, Berra, Lang, Young 

Midfielders: Matthews, Stanton, Arnott, Connolly, Zanatta, Ross

Forwards: Gullan, Vaughan, Mitchell

So, a decent starting point but still some serious work required to pull a squad together. Major work required in defence and up front, and possibly a bit of tweaking required to get the balance right in midfield. 

8 hours ago, renton said:

If McGlynn doesn't get offered another gig, he'd be as well taking a few months out, then filling in for the first championship casualty next season. Bit of a waste to drop down to a division to a club who are an even worse basketcase off the park than we are.

Unless he’s getting the Dundee job, the other jobs in the Championship are all much of a muchness. I suppose Partick Thistle are another city team who he could maybe do things with. Falkirk would be a challenge but they’ve a decent support, they’re only missing one stand, and they’ve been in the top league more recently than us.

I’m still hoping he stays with us. He’s not going to do any worse than he has second half of this season and he’s still in a job. Generally his signings are good. We play decent enough football under him these days too. If he goes I have the fear about who we’ll employ next.