The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I have a feeling we will trigger it and if you want to sign him we'll end up asking for a fee or use it to sign someone from you that's out of contract but in a position where you'd be due compensation

Can we interest you in a former Scotland international who’s played in the EPL?

Yeah Livi have that trigger in Poplatniks contract for an extra year. Those fuckers clearly don't want him but they hold the cards. 

I think we should sort something out because we know what we are getting rather than gamble on another Varian who worked hard but scored what 2 goals? 

31 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

So. If McGlynn stays on, will Goodwillie be back in the squad for next season?

There was I thinking that someone would jump on the praise heaped upon the club by an MP who has no roots in the town and has had more parties than Boris Johnson and is definitely not anti Semitic (his words).

Early Day Motion at Stark’s Park | Raith Rovers FC

Was looking at a video I sent my dad of the South Stand at full time at the Kilmarnock game in December.  Imagine being told then that the game on Fri would be a dead rubber in front of 900 Rovers fans.  Certainly a season of what might have been.

I would definitely stick with McGlynn for another 2 years.

Like everyone else I am disappointed we did not make the play offs, however I am also of the mind that too many overlook the situation we have had with injuries etc,,, this season,

Yeah, I know other teams have injuries too, however I can only reflect on my team and there have been extenuating circumstances, not least the Goodwillie situation!! I think that threw a bit of a shroud over the team for a time.

I have been a Rovers supporter since the mid 1950,s when Bert Herdman was in charge, and alongside Frank Connor and Jimmy Nicholl I believe JMcG to be one of the finest managers we have had,

Rumours on Falkirk thread that they've offered Mcglynn a deal on more wages that he's getting at Rovers,  and will come down to if Rovers match it.

Even if they have offered him a deal on more cash, I like to think that it wouldn’t “come down to if Rovers match it”.

Of course it could be an enormous increase in which case who could blame him but if it’s a few hundred pounds a month in his pocket then I’d like to think that the attachment he has to the Rovers, competing in a higher league, less chance of getting the sack if he doesn’t get promoted, and having the nucleus of a squad he assembled himself already in place would tempt him to stay.

Having said that, if the Rovers board are willing to lose McGlynn over a few quid without a belter of a manager already lined up then they need their heads examined.

44 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Rumours on Falkirk thread that they've offered Mcglynn a deal on more wages that he's getting at Rovers,  and will come down to if Rovers match it.

If McGlynn doesn't get offered another gig, he'd be as well taking a few months out, then filling in for the first championship casualty next season. Bit of a waste to drop down to a division to a club who are an even worse basketcase off the park than we are.

Edited by renton

If that is the scenario, I hope it's sorted one way or another this week. We can't be wasting time letting this drag out for weeks. 

The fact we've gotten to this stage suggests it's not been a smooth process so I also hope the board have thought about potential alternatives. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

If that is the scenario, I hope it's sorted one way or another this week. We can't be wasting time letting this drag out for weeks. 

The fact we've gotten to this stage suggests it's not been a smooth process so I also hope the board have thought about potential alternatives. 

That's an absurdly naively optimistic thought from someone renowned for their more "grounded" outlook on the Rovers.

2 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

I would definitely stick with McGlynn for another 2 years.

Like everyone else I am disappointed we did not make the play offs, however I am also of the mind that too many overlook the situation we have had with injuries etc,,, this season,

Yeah, I know other teams have injuries too, however I can only reflect on my team and there have been extenuating circumstances, not least the Goodwillie situation!! I think that threw a bit of a shroud over the team for a time.

I have been a Rovers supporter since the mid 1950,s when Bert Herdman was in charge, and alongside Frank Connor and Jimmy Nicholl I believe JMcG to be one of the finest managers we have had,

You and me both Wee Sandy👍 

21 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Can't see JM walking for the sake of a few quid. Might do if its  down to the length of contract.

Heard at my Gym 64 induction that our CEO is the highest earner at the club which is utterly mind-boggling if true.

And what exactly has she done, apart from tell fibs to Val?

Mcglynn left celtic where he was on more money to come back to us because of his affiliation with the club. I wouldn't think he'd be too interested in making an extra 50 quid a week at falkirk unless he doesn't believe he can progress us beyond this level. They can get yogi when the pars sack him for relegating them...