The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The boy that’s the editor is a self important fanny. Why on earth would you think you could write that in the official program? 

Not sure, but I’d imagine because he’s not happy with the people running the club. Bit of an end of season protest as the club are just quietly sweeping things under the carpet. Maybe John Sim’s recent car crash interview was in his mind?

220E4DF9-CF10-4B61-BC4B-41E6AC430816.png

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Why does nobody think there can't possibly be a better option that McGlynn out there? Remember when he originally came to us nobody knew who he was.

I seem to recall a few years ago that folk laughted at the thought of Dick Campbell coming to us as he was a jobber who was passed it. In our league so called jobbers McCall and Dodds managed to get their teams to finish above us.

I hate the argument that you can't change manager as "there's nobody better out there". It's very much a statement that holds no truth to it.

For me McGlynn's time is done. We won a few games at the end of the season against a Partick team who are in free fall and Hamilton who then lost 4-0 last night. Hardly the sign that things have turned. Killie were on their holidays last night and yes we played well but as a team we failed to really kick a ball since November. Winning the diddy cup really papers over the cracks and cannot hide the fact that we were on the verge of going top 4 months ago and now finished 17 points off the top and conceded 17 more goals than Killie.

This

42 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Not sure, but I’d imagine because he’s not happy with the people running the club. Bit of an end of season protest as the club are just quietly sweeping things under the carpet. Maybe John Sim’s recent car crash interview was in his mind?

220E4DF9-CF10-4B61-BC4B-41E6AC430816.png

Nothing wrong with that statement. He’s a supporter like all of us. The board and club promised transparency. The Emperor clearly doesn’t want us knowing what’s going on. 

I don’t see anything wrong with what he’s written.

I feel a bit stuck in the middle. I can see why some people might be okay with us signing a player who has been playing for another club for years and scoring lots of goals and not see anything wrong with that. I can also see why other more principled people would be horrified that we signed that player. Either way, that player hasn’t featured for us and the sooner he moves on the better. It was a bad decision to sign him.

Personally, I just like turning up every two or three weeks and watching the football. 

Seems an entirely fair comment to me, there is nothing wrong with it. 

Can equally see why the club might not be happy being criticised in their programme, right enough. 

Back soon, away to remove the splinters. 

Not many will have an issue with the points raised many of which I agree with. However the programme is littered with digs and point scoring against the club. 

It's not the remit of the programme to service opinion pieces that don't reflect club policy (whatever that might be) 

Editor knows what he's doing here and used an official vehicle to raise fan group/individual grievances. 

The front page carries a "not the" Rovers review tag yet its clearly the official programme with manager, Chairman etc contributing.

First time I've read a programme in ages and aside from the issue it's a mishmash of pieces many of which are barely relevant to RRFC. Maybe that's how all programmes are. 

The player pics reminded me ream I sponsored a jersey, have I missed the player event? 

9 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Not many will have an issue with the points raised many of which I agree with. However the programme is littered with digs and point scoring against the club. 

It's not the remit of the programme to service opinion pieces that don't reflect club policy (whatever that might be) 

Editor knows what he's doing here and used an official vehicle to raise fan group/individual grievances. 

The front page carries a "not the" Rovers review tag yet its clearly the official programme with manager, Chairman etc contributing.

First time I've read a programme in ages and aside from the issue it's a mishmash of pieces many of which are barely relevant to RRFC. Maybe that's how all programmes are. 

The player pics reminded me ream I sponsored a jersey, have I missed the player event? 

He’s only pointing out the obvious though. He’s allowed to have an opinion. We all have that right. We’re supposed to be embracing a new progressive stance. But it feels we’re heading back to the bad old days. If you criticise the board, they’ll threaten to close us down. McClown and Smith threatened that too if you remember. 

13 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I think he’s 100% right in what he’s saying but I also agree that it shouldn’t have been printed in the programme. We need to move on from all of this now. Grandstanding like that won’t solve any of the issues he’s mentioned.

I don’t believe in sweeping things under the carpet. They have to be made accountable for the problems they created.