The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Since when? Seemed to enjoy playing for the national team and he took it as well as gave it out. I think he's a long way off "scum"

He packed in the national team then came back just so he could play against England did he not?

The merest thought that the mentions of Scott Brown, Marvin Bartley and Christophe Berra becoming manager gives me the fear. 

What’s with the love in for Bartley. Have we learned f**k all since the Goodwillie debacle, whether it be rape or attempted violence in Bartleys case will not be tolerated. If McGlynn leaves, and I hear it’s Falkirk btw. Who do we bring in. Now ain’t the time for a rookie. 

Do we KNOW for certain that JMcG is leaving?                 Sorry to sound a bit obtuse but this thread is all over the place.....I cannot see his "pending" departure  confirmed anywhere/

Edited by Wee Sandy

6 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Do we KNOW for certain that JMcG is leaving?                 Sorry to sound a bit obtuse but this thread is all over the place.....I cannot see his "pending" departure  confirmed anywhere/

There has been nothing mentioned anywhere that he is leaving. Some on here either wanting him out or hoping he leaves. 

12 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The merest thought that the mentions of Scott Brown, Marvin Bartley and Christophe Berra becoming manager gives me the fear. 

What’s with the love in for Bartley. Have we learned f**k all since the Goodwillie debacle, whether it be rape or attempted violence in Bartleys case will not be tolerated. If McGlynn leaves, and I hear it’s Falkirk btw. Who do we bring in. Now ain’t the time for a rookie. 

So where do we draw the line. Does any violence count, like punching someone outside a club with bottle in hand. 

53 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

There has been nothing mentioned anywhere that he is leaving. Some on here either wanting him out or hoping he leaves. 

He hadn't been offered a new contract as late as Saturday night. His current contract must be running down to single days.

That's fairly unusual behaviour for a BoD with the pre season looming and other clubs starting to sign players for next year.

It's not about wanting him gone, but there is no doubt the whole thing is in the air.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Fixed it for you. I still suspect JMcG is departing, and can’t understand, if he is, why there’s any delay in naming next years manager and getting on with signings. Which may mean that JMcG will stay, but then again, why no signings?

You have covered all bases there Tx 😂😂

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Ridiculous if we allow Mcglynn to go to Falkirk, we will regret that decision especially to repeat history and go with a rookie manager like Grant Murray was

59 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

There's also been nothing mentioned that he's staying either. In less than 12 hours our season will be over and there's no word on what's happening with our management team. I can't recall us ever being in a situation like this before other than for the likes of Hughes who had a short term deal only.

It's no wonder people are speculating.

13 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

A glow of sense amongst the fog!!  Can we all calm down noo?

No.

I mean, so what? His contract runs out in June. What then? Why has there been no extension before now? Is he to proceed on the basis of signing players before getting dropped when pre season starts? Don't think so.

There is no way this isn't abnormal.

It really is abnormal. Nobody here is asking for his release. We had the long period without a win, but also had a longer unbeaten run earlier in the season. He was involved with the Goodwillie situation but hasn't doubled down anywhere near spectacularly as our board. It might be that he's still considering his options but even then you'd have expected to see something in the press. It's the polar opposite of last season where we had Berra, Zanatta and Keatings all signed up before the league campaign had ended.

Although it is 99% certain already, could it be that there is an offer waiting to be signed once our league status is confirmed. I would imagine there would likely be a demand for change in terms and conditions should we miraculously become a Premier League team next season.

We aren't going to be doing any transfer business until the management situation is sorted. Partick, for example, have started already. And even if we narrow it to players that are out of contract now and we want to keep them, how many are going to sign when they don't know who will be managing them? 

It's ridiculous, frankly. 

Yeah, it’s poor. I can appreciate the board didn’t want to offer a contract either in the midst of a terrible run or when the play-offs were still on the line. But last Saturday cleared that up and in my mind, Monday afternoon should’ve seen either a picture of McGlynn signing his contract or plans for a ‘John McGlynn Day’ at tonight’s match posted on the website.

Surely they’re not still deliberating? The board must know the outcome so it would’ve been nice to know - if this was some no-mark journeyman I wouldn’t really mind the secrecy. ‘We intend to start contract negotiations…’ would’ve done if he’s staying. And if he is going, it’s not right to either let him go without fuss in the summer or to force McGlynn himself to make it clear to the fans at the game.

34 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yeah, it’s poor. I can appreciate the board didn’t want to offer a contract either in the midst of a terrible run or when the play-offs were still on the line. But last Saturday cleared that up and in my mind, Monday afternoon should’ve seen either a picture of McGlynn signing his contract or plans for a ‘John McGlynn Day’ at tonight’s match posted on the website.

Surely they’re not still deliberating? The board must know the outcome so it would’ve been nice to know - if this was some no-mark journeyman I wouldn’t really mind the secrecy. ‘We intend to start contract negotiations…’ would’ve done if he’s staying. And if he is going, it’s not right to either let him go without fuss in the summer or to force McGlynn himself to make it clear to the fans at the game.

Agree with all of this. If McGlynn ends up not being our manager next season and he doesn’t get a proper send off tonight I’ll be fucking livid.