The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Was said on fannytalk, by Raith2020 if thats any help thats where I got it from, but taken with a large pinch of salt on my part

To be fair, I’d be amazed if Falkirk hadn’t, at the very least, sounded him out. It’s common knowledge that he’s out of contract and has a proven track record of getting promotion from league 1. 

Lots to catch up with, I’m in the Mcglynn to stay camp for another year , we were going along nicely then imploded ( our own doing) we we won a cup( good day out) and should have at least made playoffs ( our own doing)  but make no mistake we let Mcglynn walk away Falkirk or QoS will snap him up as he will get them promoted, Berra might be a great coach/manager but it’s a massive risk like we did when John left last time. I have heard we have spoken to Scott brown and Steven Naismith but I’m not connected to the club just rumours, massive decision for the club but I think a new 1 year contract with option for 2 is our best option at the moment. John has done well for us overall, loves the club and of course the Falkirk rumour could be spread by him to get more cash from John sim 

Edited by Been going too long

13 hours ago, grumswall said:

I don't think he's particularly bothered about getting a job elsewhere. He left a job where he was getting to travel and watch football to come back to us. He clearly has raith rovers at heart. He's also not been much of a success at other clubs a d is by n large loved for the majority of his time here 

It's pretty funny to see the same people who werent happy when he came back are the ones effectively defending him now. Hiya Frank x

And yet you thought he could walk on water but was one of the first to turn your back on him. Nice!

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Maybe Raith Tv will ask the question in the pre match interview 😄😄😄

That will not happen.

What happens with discussions between the manager and the club stays private until any statement is formally released by either party, normally the club in these cases. And so it should be, despite everyone and his dug thinking that they should be in the know and have the right to demand that they be told.

59 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Have seen Scott Browns name mentioned a few times.
If we’re serious about rebuilding the clubs reputation as a family and community club then we need to avoid horrible humans such as Scott Brown like the plague.

Plenty of moral guardians of our and other clubs on P&B to advise us of a candidates suitability, can't believe that a decision hasn't been made yet when we need to try and be resigning players and looking to sign others, not very good from the Rovers 

Plenty of moral guardians of our and other clubs on P&B to advise us of a candidates suitability, can't believe that a decision hasn't been made yet when we need to try and be resigning players and looking to sign others, not very good from the Rovers 
You don't know that decisions haven't already been made, and we've just not been told.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Have seen Scott Browns name mentioned a few times.
If we’re serious about rebuilding the clubs reputation as a family and community club then we need to avoid horrible humans such as Scott Brown like the plague.

Why is he a horrible human being? 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
6 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

You don't know that decisions haven't already been made, and we've just not been told.

That's true BB, but if he is going would be nice to give him a send off, other teams are recruiting players where we don't seem to be, I just think next season is a big one after the shenanigans of this one, don't want to be doing a Falkirk and team recruitment is very important

That's true BB, but if he is going would be nice to give him a send off, other teams are recruiting players where we don't seem to be, I just think next season is a big one after the shenanigans of this one, don't want to be doing a Falkirk and team recruitment is very important
Agreed. That's why I'll be going tomorrow instead of watching from home. Much as I hate to see others celebrating at Starks (Rangers premature title party apart), if it IS to be his last game, he deserves some recognition. I think we'll see from body language whether he thinks he's going or staying.

Scott Brown is a footballer I couldn't stand, but the faux hardman schtick he employed does not equate with him being a horrible human being. Unless I'm missing something here, of course...

At any rate he should be nowhere near the Raith manager's job, and I'm not sure anyone has actually suggested that. Unsurprisingly, the Aberdeen experiment was a disaster. 

44 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Scott Brown is a footballer I couldn't stand, but the faux hardman schtick he employed does not equate with him being a horrible human being. Unless I'm missing something here, of course...

At any rate he should be nowhere near the Raith manager's job, and I'm not sure anyone has actually suggested that. Unsurprisingly, the Aberdeen experiment was a disaster. 

I guess he’s no less qualified really than likes of Berra, Marvin Bartley etc.