The New Raith Rovers Thread

52 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I guess he’s no less qualified really than likes of Berra, Marvin Bartley etc.

46 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Those two benefit from not coming across as complete and utter simpletons, tbf. 

I'd like to think that lessons have been learned.

Hibs player Marvin Bartley threatened to ruin woman's life - BBC News

This thread just gets better and better. Firstly we have get rid of Sim, get rid of the board, then we have McGlynn must go but we can't replace him with Scott Brown because he's an arse or now Marvin Bartley.

Just out of interest did any Raith fans protest or shout abuse at Alan Lithgow when we played Morton. 

Edited by raith1974
Spelling

Scott Brown is a thoroughly good lad for what it's worth. That said, neither him nor Berra should be anywhere near the job.

A few posters have mentioned that we are a mid-table Championship side and they are correct, yes this season has been disappointing in terms of where we were and the collapse. That said, John McGlynn is the best thing that's happened to this club in a long, long time and he should still have the job next season. I'd be interested to see how he evolves the squad.

11 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Scott Brown is a thoroughly good lad for what it's worth. That said, neither him nor Berra should be anywhere near the job.

A few posters have mentioned that we are a mid-table Championship side and they are correct, yes this season has been disappointing in terms of where we were and the collapse. That said, John McGlynn is the best thing that's happened to this club in a long, long time and he should still have the job next season. I'd be interested to see how he evolves the squad.

Hopefully he makes a better job of it than he did this season. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

This thread just gets better and better. Firstly we have get rid of Sim, get rid of the board, then we have McGlynn must go but we can't replace him with Scott Brown because he's an arse or now Marvin Bartley.

Just out of interest did any Raith fans protest or shout abuse at Alan Lithgow when we played Morton. 

Had we signed Alan Lithgow at the time? 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

I tried to get a chant of ‘he wanks in his car’ going but I just drew some funny looks from the old boys in the main stand.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Brown will have a hell of a job winning over the support of whichever club he ends up at. 
Hopefully it's not ours. 

He's not exactly done anything to annoy our support. Beggers can't be choosers.

We’re beggars now? Think we can choose.

6 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Brown will have a hell of a job winning over the support of whichever club he ends up at. 
Hopefully it's not ours. 

He's not exactly done anything to annoy our support. Beggers can't be choosers.

He does come from West Fife to be fair... 

The reality is Brown is pretty much scum as far as Scottish football fans are concerned. For that reason he'll get a shorter period of grace wherever he goes than most new managers would. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Brown is pretty much scum as far as Scottish football fans are concerned

Since when? Seemed to enjoy playing for the national team and he took it as well as gave it out. I think he's a long way off "scum"

Seeing these names, I don’t think I’m that keen on a change of manager. I think one of the few men I’d be happy with if McGlynn leaves is Levein. Ro Sham Bo mentioned Airdrie’s manager Murray. I wouldn’t be unhappy with him, but to be honest I’d prefer McGlynn.

The Board seem to be dicking McGlynn about by leaving things this late. Unless McGlynn has said he doesn’t want to talk about it until the season is over.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

The Board seem to be dicking McGlynn the Club about by leaving things this late.

Fixed it for you. I still suspect JMcG is departing, and can’t understand, if he is, why there’s any delay in naming next years manager and getting on with signings. Which may mean that JMcG will stay, but then again, why no signings?

I apologise for starting the debate on Brown- I thought the general consensus was that he was a dick but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
The little I know about him is enough for me to form a negative opinion on him which I thought was shared by the majority.
Probably best to draw a line under the chat about him.

Anyway…. McGlynn to stay is my vote.
Has his flaws but better the devil you know.