The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There's no mob trying to force him out. There are a fair few who believe that on balance he should leave but, from what I'm reading, I doubt many will exactly be outraged if he does get a new deal. 

Pretty much this.  Some Rovers managers would have been hounded out for better runs of form than we have seen this season.  

Personally I think the injury situation is in danger if being overplayed.  Yes, it's been a massive struggle, but not the reason a win turned into a defeat against ICT, or that a win turned into a draw against Arbroath, or that 4 goals were shipped to a dreadful Ayr side.  4th place should still have been achieved even with injuries we had. 

The fact Hamilton, Dunfermline are below us reflects what a terrible league this has been - not much else. 

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really, really doubt Hamilton have a bigger budget than us. I’m keen for McGlynn to the get contract signed. 

There’s every chance they do. They were in the Premiership for 8 year.

46 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really, really doubt Hamilton have a bigger budget than us. I’m keen for McGlynn to the get contract signed. 

I'm fairly sure they do, Prem football for a number of years and do they still not get a parachute payment.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Completely agree. Some fans need to realise we are a mid table championship side that sometimes exceed expectations and other times we don't and struggle. Like I've said previously we won the only cup we had a realistic chance to win and finished 5th in a league which has teams like Hamilton and Dunfermline with bigger budgets finishing below us. 

Better tell John Sim that. I seem to recall him having aspirations of playing in the Premiership.

An upgrade on McGlynn is a very long shot. If McGlynn is forced out by a mob of fans (which is unlikely), but if he is then it will be the last straw for me, I wouldn't associate myself with such a support. In which case, as I said I would hope they get a manager they deserve.
How the hell are you ever going to know if he is forced out by a group of fans?

35 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

How the hell are you ever going to know if he is forced out by a group of fans?

Like, em, how many managers have Falkirk and Dunfermline gone through in the last couple of seasons due to fan pressure.... Or do attendance, hostility/booing and other issues have no effect? You don't think it happens eh?

Like, em, how many managers have Falkirk and Dunfermline gone through in the last couple of seasons due to fan pressure.... Or do attendance, hostility/booing and other issues have no effect? You don't think it happens eh?
I've personally not heard a shout for McGlynn to go from the stands. He ain't exactly going to come out and say "ah folk on pie and bovril forced me out". That said he has to very quickly change his management style to continue.

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I've personally not heard a shout for McGlynn to go from the stands. He ain't exactly going to come out and say "ah folk on pie and bovril forced me out". That said he has to very quickly change his management style to continue.

Neither have I. Try following the thread if you're able and post something relevant.

49 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Your position seems to be that you’ll blame boys on here if McGlynn leaves regardless, and that you hope Raith get an absolutely shite manager to follow him on that basis. Which is deeply odd, but on you go.

Falkirk probably isn’t a great example given that the past five seasons for them have been 8th in the Championship, 10th in the Championship, 2nd in League One, 5th in League One and then this season between 5th and 7th in League One. I think that might have more to do with it than ‘fans posting on pie and bovril’ 

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

If John Sim didn’t listen to fan pressure to not sign an actual rapist then I’m fairly certain it won’t be a deciding factor in his choice of manager.

Yes I'm sure if the general fan base was as ungrateful as some of the feckers on here are towards McGlynn (which thankfully it is not) he would likewise stand his ground. However, you don't seem to consider that managers often leave on their own grounds, such as if their efforts and success are not appreciated, and inspite of taking the club to where they are isn't good enough for them then I imagine McGlynn like many managers would call it a day.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

If John Sim didn’t listen to fan pressure to not sign an actual rapist then I’m fairly certain it won’t be a deciding factor in his choice of manager.

Which is why Sim’s interview comment on hoping JMcG would continue suggests to me that JMcG hadn’t yet been convinced to stay. I think the faff regarding DG and JMcG’s football statement soured him on managing, at least at Raith (if not completely), and suspect he will “retire” and move to something like overseeing Hearts youth development programs.

16 hours ago, Beachbum said:

I want McGlynn to sign a new contract as well, hopefully this week.

McGlynn ans Smudger were very open at the POTY Dinner, there isn't currently an offer of a new contract to them as of yet. if there was they would have signed it by now. 

They want to stay, Sim needs to get his finger out before it starts affecting recruitment for next season.