The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Make no mistake - 

Given where we were we ought to have had a better challenge at the title, and at the very least we should have managed to secure a playoff position. Failing to do so is piss poor...

A promising season has been thrown away and it is a hugely missed opportunity...
ETC ETC

Time for change. 

You're admitting that your expectations of McGlynn are high. You want rid of him not because you think he's a bad manager but because like the others on here you want to punish him for under performing.

Bert Murray and Barry Smith didnt under achieve, they performed to their capabilities. If McGlynn leaves because of fan pressure I hope you get a manager of Murray or Smith's capabilities.

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You're admitting that your expectations of McGlynn are high. You want rid of him not because you think he's a bad manager but because like the others on here you want to punish him for under performing.

Bert Murray and Barry Smith didnt under achieve, they performed to their capabilities. If McGlynn leaves because of fan pressure I hope you get a manager of Murray or Smith's capabilities.

My expectations are that a team challenging for the title in mid-December manages to at least keep a credible challenge or, at a minimum, makes the playoffs. The players don't just become worse overnight, or at least they shouldn't. To end up where have done is failure and it is a huge opportunity thrown away. 

The collapse in form is inexcusable. The decision to sign Goodwillie was inexcusable. These have consequences. 

Edited by Michael W

16 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You hope the club you support get a poor manager because another fan doesn't agree with you ?

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

You hope the club you support get a poor manager because another fan doesn't agree with you ?

Can't you read, or are you deliberately blind? One fan? Nearly all you lot on here are dissatisfied with McGlynn - YOU included,

and Buchan30 by giving you a snot contradicts your post and himself.

Edited by Raith_Raver

4 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Can't you read? One fan? Nearly all you lot on here are dissatisfied with McGlynn - YOU included.

So you hope we get another Barry Smith. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Is there any real pressure on McGlynn?

Its maybe all in my mind but there does seem a general malaise around the club since January 31st. However, I haven’t heard any shouts for McGlynn to go at any of the recent home defeats.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

So you hope we get another Barry Smith. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Another one who deliberately misunderstands. IF...

...McGlynn leaves because of fan pressure I hope they get a manager they deserve.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Its maybe all in my mind but there does seem a general malaise around the club since January 31st. However, I haven’t heard any shouts for McGlynn to go at any of the recent home defeats.

Nearly all the anti McGlynn rabble are on here. Fortunately I shouldn't think McGlynn or the club pays any attention to them.

Edited by Raith_Raver

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I think there’s a bit of apathy around the club at the moment. It was the poor run coupled with the off the field nonsense. Although people aren’t necessarily calling for his head, there are definitely a fair few that want a fresh start.

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Another one who deliberately misunderstands. IF...

...McGlynn leaves because of fan pressure I hope they get a manager they deserve.

My powers of comprehension are legendary. If McGlynn goes you hope they get a manager they deserve. So if McGlynn goes, you hope the Rovers, who you also support, get a shit manager. Seems like you want to be punished too! Why do you want to be punished along with all the others? 

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

My powers of comprehension are legendary. If McGlynn goes you hope they get a manager they deserve. So if McGlynn goes, you hope the Rovers, who you also support, get a shit manager. Seems like you want to be punished too! Why do you want to be punished along with all the others? 

An upgrade on McGlynn is a very long shot. If McGlynn is forced out by a mob of fans (which is unlikely), but if he is then it will be the last straw for me, I wouldn't associate myself with such a support. In which case, as I said I would hope they get a manager they deserve.

Edited by Raith_Raver

An upgrade on McGlynn is a very long shot. If McGlynn is forced out by a mob of fans (which is unlikely), but if he is then it will be the last straw for me, I wouldn't associate myself with such a support. In which case, as I said I would hope they get a manager they deserve.

You would think we are the only fans ever to voice discontent with the manager.

47 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Nearly all the anti McGlynn rabble are on here. Fortunately I shouldn't think McGlynn or the club pays any attention to them.

Strangely though most off them wouldn't have had a bad word to say about Mcglynn. Not to mention have a go at anyone who did. That's Football fans for you!

9 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Strangely though most off them wouldn't have had a bad word to say about Mcglynn. Not to mention have a go at anyone who did. That's Football fans for you!

These types on here are incapable of seeing the bigger picture. Life consists only of their present feelings.

Fortunately people like you might be in the majority on here but I'm certain they're a small minority in the fan base.

Fortunately people like you might be in the majority on here but I'm certain they're a small minority in the fan base.

And if that is the case, that is fine. If he is given a new deal, i won’t be booing and baying for blood as soon as the first whistle of the season goes. I have voiced my concerns on a public forum that discusses my club. I may be wrong, and we will romp to victory in the league, but there is no harm in thinking it might be worth freshening things up a bit.

42 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Completely agree. Some fans need to realise we are a mid table championship side that sometimes exceed expectations and other times we don't and struggle. Like I've said previously we won the only cup we had a realistic chance to win and finished 5th in a league which has teams like Hamilton and Dunfermline with bigger budgets finishing below us.