The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

What cost us was our game management throughout the season. That consistent ability to turn wins into draws and draws into defeats late on in matches. 

Apart from the Ayr game nobody gave us a real doing score wise. 

Put the mortgage on us winning on Friday and Patrick losing just to mock us. 

I’ve got a feeling we will win Friday. It’s just unfortunate we won’t be able to overhaul that 8 goal gap. It didn’t have to be that way though. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

What cost us was our game management throughout the season. That consistent ability to turn wins into draws and draws into defeats late on in matches. 

Apart from the Ayr game nobody gave us a real doing score wise. 

Put the mortgage on us winning on Friday and Patrick losing just to mock us. 

Happy if Ayr win next week, puts Dunfermline into the playoffs. I agree nothing to do with the charlatans in charge as mentioned. First game of the season set the tone for several games that we threw away points. Last minute, added on time goals conceded cost us this season.

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Happy if Ayr win next week, puts Dunfermline into the playoffs. I agree nothing to do with the charlatans in charge as mentioned. First game of the season set the tone for several games that we threw away points. Last minute, added on time goals conceded cost us this season.

That’s right eh!! Nothing to do with Sim’s Yes men. Absolutely Nothing!! Fuckin Bolt with that….

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

That’s right eh!! Nothing to do with Sim’s Yes men. Absolutely Nothing!! Fuckin Bolt with that….

Piss off dick. We were playing poorly for weeks before the DG signing. The reason we signed him was to get goals as our strikers weren't scoring. 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We had poplatnik who started scoring once he was given a run in a two just sat on the bench and getting the last 15/20 for months. The blame for that falls at mcglynns feet this season. 

Bingoooooo

Yep. We'll never know how much of an effect the Goodwillie fallout had, but even without that it has still been a monumental shambles on the pitch to end up in a situation where even potentially winning our last 3 matches isn't enough to get us in the top 4.

8 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

mister rogers middle finger GIF

Aye very good, the blame does not lie with Sim or his yes men, the blame lies with the stubbornness of McGlynn continually playing a striker who couldn't score when he had one on the bench that could. 

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Aye very good, the blame does not lie with Sim or his yes men, the blame lies with the stubbornness of McGlynn continually playing a striker who couldn't score when he had one on the bench that could. 

But Goodwillie to them was the only solution????? Even though when the rumours about the signing first appeared we as the FANS totally didn’t want the c**t here. But the said CHARLATANS fucking signed him anyway. OUR reputation in the Scottish game has been ruined because of it. But yet you’d rather red dot me as it wasn’t THEIR fault. It was merely a football matter. 

Mcglynn will probably find this as a good time to leave. Won a cup and restablished us in the championship again. I was calling for his head a couple of weeks ago but honestly I'd still like him to be here next season. I'd like to see him finally take us to that next level. I'm not convinced he can but I think he probably does deserve the chance to try based on the football side of things during his two spells here. The former youth players such as Vaughan, Matthews, callachan, Bowie, tait etc are a good example of the work he has done. His part in the Goodwillie fiasco and the horrendous form we had from mid December is the flip side of that. For me the good outweighs the bad with him in his time here. 

2 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Kinda similar a suppose,part of me says aye stay another season but on the other hand we need something new/fresh/different

Cue

“who else is there” “theres nobody else”

If that’s the case, we’re fucked. 

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Mcglynn will probably find this as a good time to leave. Won a cup and restablished us in the championship again. I was calling for his head a couple of weeks ago but honestly I'd still like him to be here next season. I'd like to see him finally take us to that next level. I'm not convinced he can but I think he probably does deserve the chance to try based on the football side of things during his two spells here. The former youth players such as Vaughan, Matthews, callachan, Bowie, tait etc are a good example of the work he has done. His part in the Goodwillie fiasco and the horrendous form we had from mid December is the flip side of that. For me the good outweighs the bad with him in his time here. 

I wonder what McGlynn’s thoughts are? He’s been there or thereabouts in the league with Rovers the last two seasons. Just needs one season where we get lucky with injuries and we’re promoted.

Other clubs must look at the job he has done twice with Rovers and think he could be their man. Falkirk have had yet another disastrous season in League 1. McGlynn would sort them right out.

I’d like to see him get a shot at a bigger club, the likes of Dundee, but they are a basket case. If he decides he’s staying with us and he thinks he can get us up to the Premiership then fair enough.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I wonder what McGlynn’s thoughts are? He’s been there or thereabouts in the league with Rovers the last two seasons. Just needs one season where we get lucky with injuries and we’re promoted.

Other clubs must look at the job he has done twice with Rovers and think he could be their man. Falkirk have had yet another disastrous season in League 1. McGlynn would sort them right out.

I’d like to see him get a shot at a bigger club, the likes of Dundee, but they are a basket case. If he decides he’s staying with us and he thinks he can get us up to the Premiership then fair enough.

I can't see our luck changing on that front any time soon unfortunately. 

I don't really know the ins and outs of what's happening at falkirk but it's hard to argue with his record in getting us out of that league. Would the falkirk fans give him the time to build the squad needed though? Would he actually want to take that on when he can stay here? 

I think his chance at a bigger job has gone now. I'm not sure he'd even be too interested unless it was one of the proper big teams in Scotland now. He's getting on and he obviously left a good job at celtic to come back here because of his affinity to the club.