The New Raith Rovers Thread

What would everyone say is our strongest lineup with the players we have? Fit or otherwise. I don't think there will be full agreement on quite a few positions and that will say alot about the squad imo. Decent overall, but without any form of standout. 

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:

What would everyone say is our strongest lineup with the players we have? Fit or otherwise. I don't think there will be full agreement on quite a few positions and that will say alot about the squad imo. Decent overall, but without any form of standout. 

Well, once I've perfected 3D printing durable biocompatible polymer ligaments I'd go for:

‐-------------MacDonald‐----------

--- Tumilty---Lang---Berra----Mackie

----------Spencer---Matthews-------

----Connolly----Vaughan---Ross--

----------Poplatnik------------

We don't have any decent left backs so just went with a coin toss.

Edited by renton

34 minutes ago, renton said:

Well, once I've perfected 3D printing durable biocompatible polymer ligaments I'd go for:

‐-------------MacDonald‐----------

--- Tumilty---Lang---Berra----Mackie

----------Spencer---Matthews-------

----Connolly----Vaughan---Ross--

----------Poplatnik------------

We don't have any decent left backs so just went with a coin toss.

Would agree to a certain extent. Ross hasn't shown enough out left so may exchange him for the first half of the season Zanatta who scored some great goals. 

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I think you end up with a situation where we’d be training in the evenings two days a week, rather than in the mornings, for the benefit of a single player. It messes with the usual pro footballer schedule.

I didn't think of that. I thought Accies were full time but apparently not - hybrid?

25 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Aaron Arnott signs new deal until 2024.  Great news hes a great prospect.

Aye, he seems like he's got real potential and has looked decent in the league at this level already.

1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:

Aaron Arnott signs new deal until 2024.  Great news hes a great prospect.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Aye, he seems like he's got real potential and has looked decent in the league at this level already.

What does that perhaps indicate, as a Spencer signing has not been announced? Just mulling it over a bit.

Here’s a thought, if we did win the next 2 games against Accies and Killie, and we ended the season on 52 points and still didn’t make the playoffs

How many points is the maximum a team has had without making the promotion playoffs? That can’t be far off surely. I could be wrong though

44 minutes ago, lellywong said:

Many congratulations to Dorothy Wilson on her election success in becoming the new Supporters Director.

https://www.raithrovers.net/53895/club-announcement-supporters-director.htm

I must admit that I didnt think she was the correct candidate out of the two based on watching the hustings but well done to her and I hope she can be successful. 

17 hours ago, grumswall said:

I must admit that I didnt think she was the correct candidate out of the two based on watching the hustings but well done to her and I hope she can be successful. 

Given the current climate at Starks the only thing  Dorothy had to do was add name to application form.

No way a woman was coming 2nd

2 hours ago, Bandohope said:

Given the current climate at Starks the only thing  Dorothy had to do was add name to application form.

Agree, I've known Steven Graham since 1st year at high school, he is a top bloke who has been CEO of a major car company and was a Rovers man frm a young age, went to our 1st ever away game at Partick on 25th September 1982 (I still have the match programme) he would have brought a wealth of experience to the boardroom.

3 hours ago, Bandohope said:

36 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Agree, I've known Steven Graham since 1st year at high school, he is a top bloke who has been CEO of a major car company and was a Rovers man frm a young age, went to our 1st ever away game at Partick on 25th September 1982 (I still have the match programme) he would have brought a wealth of experience to the boardroom.

Please reflect upon what you just said and agreed to.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Please reflect upon what you just said and agreed to.

Why ? she was always going to win, no way she was coming 2nd no matter who she was up against, I thought Steven was the better candidate, why should I reflect my decision

Just now, keyser_soze said:

Why ? she was always going to win, no way she was coming 2nd no matter who she was up against, I thought Steven was the better candidate, why should I reflect my decision

Doesn't look that way based on the voting - it was actually quite a tight race. Only about 20 or 30 votes separating them. 

On a side note, the club have started emailing out re the fan panel and expanding on what it involves. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Doesn't look that way based on the voting - it was actually quite a tight race. Only about 20 or 30 votes separating them. 

On a side note, the club have started emailing out re the fan panel and expanding on what it involves. 

1 or 100, dosen't matter, she won fair and square, I have no issues with that however IMO Steven was the better candidate.

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

1 or 100, dosen't matter, she won fair and square, I have no issues with that however IMO Steven was the better candidate.

Based upon that statement, I retract my request for you to reflect. Sorry.