The New Raith Rovers Thread

Personally I think heehaw will happen over Sims interview. I doubt we'll see protests and I doubt we'll see a similar reaction to when news first dropped that we'd actually signed Goodwillie ie mass exodus of staff/fans. 

Not only does Sim hold all the cards, he maneuvers (has at present) in to a position where anyone who was not of his thinking gets forced out (Phillips, McDermid, Caira, Clark, Mill) so that he's completely surrounded by his yes men pals.  I hope Susan Simpson is made of sterner stuff and is soon to be joined by others with more vision, understanding and integrity.

Nothing is ever easy but it's tough to effect change when all the good guys are on the outside and the tyrant occupies the higher ground (though clearly not morally!). Nothing is impossible though  I recall yon wee Chinese student who stood up to a tank, so there's hope.

come on here first time in ages and I see our club being criticised by townie and Dundee fans lol the pars loved the years of cheating and stealing by masterton which gave them cup finals and europe as for Dundee, they are the experts in administration and cheating, just need Livi fan and a sevco for the full house

as usual most of our pie and bovril brigade are throwing toys out the pram making mountains from molehills

i was down at open day Friday and it was great atmosphere lots of fans, women children. No protests, no questions, no mention of sim or goodwillie…come on here and everyone is in meltdown lol Wasn’t this a perfect time to get to Starks and air your views and grievances? No, obviously sitting whinging on a forum between yourselves is more important lol

dg will be gone in a month or two, mad Val will be gone selling loads of books off her womens rights publicity we gave her, it’s time to get over the mess of last few months..sim will continue to improve the stadium and fund the team…it is a time to look forward 

You would have to be a special kind of imbecile to turn up with firebrands and pitchforks to a family day knowing that the person you would be protesting against wasn't there.

That aside, I understand that there was some hostility towards the owner who was present at Firhill yesterday.

5 hours ago, zicoromaines said:

come on here first time in ages and I see our club being criticised by townie and Dundee fans lol the pars loved the years of cheating and stealing by masterton which gave them cup finals and europe as for Dundee, they are the experts in administration and cheating, just need Livi fan and a sevco for the full house

as usual most of our pie and bovril brigade are throwing toys out the pram making mountains from molehills

i was down at open day Friday and it was great atmosphere lots of fans, women children. No protests, no questions, no mention of sim or goodwillie…come on here and everyone is in meltdown lol Wasn’t this a perfect time to get to Starks and air your views and grievances? No, obviously sitting whinging on a forum between yourselves is more important lol

dg will be gone in a month or two, mad Val will be gone selling loads of books off her womens rights publicity we gave her, it’s time to get over the mess of last few months..sim will continue to improve the stadium and fund the team…it is a time to look forward 

Good post

5 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

You would have to be a special kind of imbecile to turn up with firebrands and pitchforks to a family day knowing that the person you would be protesting against wasn't there.

That aside, I understand that there was some hostility towards the owner who was present at Firhill yesterday.

You’d also have to be snappy seen as most folk didn’t see that Courier article until the family day was well underway.

Only a special kind of imbecile wouldn’t be annoyed by that Courier article. When a club owner says his first thought was to close the club down then tells the supporters to go and support another club if they’re not happy with his decisions, that should set alarm bells ringing.

6 hours ago, zicoromaines said:

Sim will what????? Erm The Emperor has rid himself of the GOOD Guys. He clearly is the SENATE. Wish I knew how to Gif Sim and the Emperor together IAM THE SENATE. Trying to be funny. But this is no joke. 

11 hours ago, zicoromaines said:

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f (1).jpeg

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I suppose we are hoping for a draw on Friday night so we can benefit from a solid out away end for the last game of the season and claw back some of the cash we've burned this season. 

Bake them a cake then beat them 2-0.

7 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

You’d also have to be snappy seen as most folk didn’t see that Courier article until the family day was well underway.

Only a special kind of imbecile wouldn’t be annoyed by that Courier article. When a club owner says his first thought was to close the club down then tells the supporters to go and support another club if they’re not happy with his decisions, that should set alarm bells ringing.

You’re right… John Sim has done a lot of good stuff for the club since he got involved but his recent comments paint a picture of someone who, if he doesn’t get his own way, will spit the dummy and have a tantrum. Cutting his nose off to spite his face in the process. 

I’m not overly shocked that he continues to try and justify the signing, my main concern is with what may happen next time he doesn’t get his own way. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

As ridiculous as he sounded in that interview, I can't take his talk about shutting down the club seriously. 

I was outraged when I read the article. Why get rid of something that he's not long shelled the cash out for?

I mean, what's wrong with the pitch anyway? 😎

7 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I suppose we are hoping for a draw on Friday night so we can benefit from a solid out away end for the last game of the season and claw back some of the cash we've burned this season. 

A Killie win, so that they have no  need to over exert themselves in the event we need to get a result against them.

Not just that, if we do make the play-offs I would rather Arbroath were in it than them.

Definitely want a Killie win, while our chances of making the playoffs are extremely slim the last thing we want is needing a result against a team going for the title. Partick look rotten enough to not win either remaining games but we need to get 4-6 points and hope they blow it. As unlikely as it is it’ll be a lot easier if we’re facing a half arsed Killie team in the last match.