The New Raith Rovers Thread

Mention it all you want brother, the Pars fans came together and saved the club. 

I honestly can’t be arsed getting into a back and forth here, but this is a…. shall we say, generous version of events?

Lloyds Bank and Gavin Masterton writing off £9 million between them saved the club.

If Sim was willing to write off £9 million we’d also be free of him tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

And yet you aim your hate at the fans. We didn’t sanction this bullshit, so why do you feel so angry. We the fans don’t want rape apologists. Yet we’re stuck with the c***s 

If you don't want rape apologists at the club why on earth has "Super John McGlynn" been belted out by your fanbase since you signed Goodwillie? 

The below will be how this will play out, it already has really, a decent amount of whataboutery will be thrown in for good measure. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

As it is I'd imagine we'll get some outrage by Raith fans on here, they'll get over it pretty quickly before labelling anyone who points out that McGlynn and those running the club are a bunch of rape apologists as trolls, in a few weeks time we'll have posts asking for people to just move on and focus on the football. 

The Goodwillie situation never went away, Raith fans just didn't care about it, the same will happen again. 

22 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Financial mismanagement from 30 years ago means that you are in the position now, where this guy is Raith Rovers? And Raith fans have the audacity, the cheek to have a go at Dunfermline for living outwith there means? Christ. 

And again, do a protest, unit the fans behind a common banner where you can draw everyone together for a goal you can all get behind, with that then achieved you can then effectively start starving Sim of the support he needs to run the club, earlier on in the season your volunteers telling the club to shove it brought about change (this is about the third time I've brought this up, keeps getting ignored) do it again, don't have volunteers on the turnstiles, running the shop, running Raith TV, make it clear to Sims that he isn't just Raith Rovers. 

You keep sneering at "pROtesT" but there's not one single magic bullet which rids you of this cancer, but you need to start somewhere, and a protest is the most logical place to start. 

Did you miss the part of his interview where he said that he thought about wrapping the club up because he couldn't play a rapist? 

Do you think he'll look kindly at protests targeted at him?

Until a consortium or individual advises that they'd make sure the club didn't go to the wall he's got us by the balls, man!

Sim was that individual 17 years ago. 

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services
Chronology

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you don't want rape apologists at the club why on earth has "Super John McGlynn" been belted out by your fanbase since you signed Goodwillie? 

The below will be how this will play out, it already has really, a decent amount of whataboutery will be thrown in for good measure. 

I haven’t sung super John McGlynn, thankfully he’ll be away at seasons end. 

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Did you miss the part of his interview where he said that he thought about wrapping the club up because he couldn't play a rapist? 

Until a consortium or individual advises that they'd make sure the club didn't go to the wall he's got us by the balls, man!

Sim was that individual 30 years ago. 

I don't imagine he would, that's the plan. 

How do you propose this consortium coming together? Or the individuals feeling the need to come out? There needs to be adequate fan movement and mobilisation for that to happen. As it is you can't even disagree with that Frank Conner bloke when he says that outwith disgruntled posters on here, there's absolutely nothing at the ground, on a Saturday etc. 

He's 70, waiting around for him to kick the bucket is a fairly long term strategy, but unless you do something, and I mean anything what is the plan? 

Colin McGowan's threats of selling the ground for flats weren't taken lying down and nor should John Sim's. When people show you what kind of person they are, take it at face value. 

He needs to go. It won't be easy, but he's shown he is not fit to be in the position he is. 

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Mention it all you want brother, the Pars fans came together and saved the club. 

Meanwhile Raith fans are busy simpering about how they can't do anything about a rape apologist running the club while singing the name of another rape apologist. 

There's allot of sneering at the mention of a protest, but Rome  wasn't built in a day and you're not going to get Sim out on the first day, today would've been a great place to start albeit at short notice. 

Creditors 0p in the £ saved your club

Christ,theres a few pars fans awfy upset by the goings on at our club

Edited by Rovers_Lad

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Colin McGowan's threats of selling the ground for flats weren't taken lying down and nor should John Sim's. When people show you what kind of person they are, take it at face value. 

He needs to go. It won't be easy, but he's shown he is not fit to be in the position he is. 

In actual fact you beat me to it. These “elites” hate being criticised 

38 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Aye, yer right. 

We'll just get one of the many millionaires kicking about Kirkcaldy to buy him out first thing on Monday morning. 

Thanks for prompting this action, 101. 👍🏻

Pleasure mate, Monday is quite soon but you'll need to get the support together to get him out.

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Financial mismanagement from 30 years ago means that you are in the position now, where this guy is Raith Rovers? And Raith fans have the audacity, the cheek to have a go at Dunfermline for living outwith there means? Christ. 

Not having a pop here because all circumstances are different, and there are specific reasons why different things happened at Raith from other clubs who have been in financial trouble in the intervening years. But we didn't go through admin and write off debt so in effect we are indeed still paying it off indirectly - and others will know more than me here so feel free to step in but as far as I know we're still paying interest only and are no closer to buying the ground back. (Edit: though Sim now owns both anyway.)

That's not any kind of excuse for what's going on now or for any inaction, but it is true that it nonetheless remains a not insignificant part of the constraints on the club.

(Otherwise you are making mostly good points here.)

Edited by Yoss

59 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Sim was that individual 30 years ago. 

30 years ago? It was 2005 when we, or rather he, reclaimed the Rovers.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I haven’t sung super John McGlynn, thankfully he’ll be away at seasons end. 

If we make the play-offs now I can see me singing super John McGlynn again. I’m shameless.

After Inverness pump us I’ll stop.

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Aye, yer right. 

We'll just get one of the many millionaires kicking about Kirkcaldy to buy him out first thing on Monday morning. 

Thanks for prompting this action, 101. 👍🏻

51 minutes ago, 101 said:

Pleasure mate, Monday is quite soon but you'll need to get the support together to get him out.

Aye - and it's a bank holiday. Best make it Tuesday. 

There's not a chance Sims was ever winding the club up. He's an absolute bullshitter trying to scare the support into a corner. Get him fucking chased. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye - and it's a bank holiday. Best make it Tuesday. 

There's not a chance Sims was ever winding the club up. He's an absolute bullshitter trying to scare the support into a corner. Get him fucking chased. 

We don't need any lessons in morality from Dundee fans .