The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's just apathy now the seasons done. Those players that are going won't be changing their minds and potential a couple more might force moves the whole January saga was massively unsettling for everyone least of all the current t squad.

I suspect this is the end of McGlynn and Smith and that was probably settled a while ago. 

Who do we get in? On the one hand it's probably a decent job championship club with ambition and some good players signed on long deals. That said a new manager will want backed because to start with they need a new defence as well as them having to manage someone else's team. 

Bring on the summer and let us all have a month off.

21 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I really don’t know to be honest, the board have appointed one of the chief saboteurs as the new chairman. That’s a real slap in the face to the fans. And I’m not just saying that, a lot of people are too. 

And a lot of people aren't or are too scared to speak out. 

In terms of the board room changes have taken place, one major sponsor has left and another has come in. Do I think John McGlynn should leave due to the DG saga, no, do I think his position should be reviewed due to results, yes. This is a results driven game and we have been very poor since Christmas.

McGlynn asked for a chance to make things right after the Goodwillie debacle. We have managed a single league win in that time and we're at 1 win in 16 games now. 

Time to go. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Probably need a replacement for Berra as well, dont know how Lang will be when he comes back, Vaughan is the same, we cant carry on with all these injury prone players

That’s encouraging for a young lad who is giving his all to his rehab.

33 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Anyway, the close season is going to be interesting. Who would want to sign for us. Will there be a slash in the budget. We know we can’t rely on the defenders, I suspect that Tumilty and Musonda will be away Berra and  Lang always injured and Bene the bomb scare will leave too (hopefully) 

Lang wasn’t injured when left on the bench.... he’ll come back strong.

As suggested above, Tumilty is better as a real wingback, without as much urgency in getting back and getting stuck in defending. Dick gets forward nicely, but I think is miscast as a LB rather than a LCB…Young looks much the more a true wingback. With McKay now appearing a potential signing for depth (given his familiarity with the team and tactics), and Lang and Berra effectively making a single+ CB for next year, we’re still very thin on the back line signed, and no action appears likely for some time. If our new management wants to play 3-5-2, we should re-sign Tumilty, but as we have no idea who we might be pursuing or getting to manage, it’s likely he’ll leave. Musonda, as a RCB, would be a nice signing too, but again…

Reflecting further on this season, it’s easy to say when Spencer left the team injured in December our performances dropped off, but we also lost Tait around then. I think that losing Tait and Spencer together was the primary factor in our decline, as JMcG had effectively replaced Hendry with them both. Stanton has tried, and he’s a very competent player, but he can’t replace either of them directly because he plays in a different manner…a manner that JMcG doesn’t seem equipped to adapt our play to.

Unfortunately, I suspect we’ll miss out on signing Poplatnik because of a up coming management change too…unless the BoD is willing to step up, admit the season Is effectively over, and immediately bring in a replacement for the current management…a replacement who can start building next seasons team now.

36 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

The point i was making is that, it seems more often than not these decisions are given against us because refs are rubbish and inconsistent not because it’s a conspiracy against us.

A Baracus-esque attempt at altering the meaing of what you clearly said.

The "who's the fanny" wasn't aimed at you, (although the hypocrite I quote must equally apply it to you, but he won't), which if you've been keeping up with the whole discourse you should have understood.

2 hours ago, renton said:

I'd like to be angry after us losing again. I used to be like a bear with a bad headache after any league loss, a real fucking treat for my mates as I sat and fumed in the pub.

Now, I'm shrugging it off. Something snapped with the Goodwillie saga that had been pulled very fucking taut by results through the festive period. I don't care, just now. It's not bothering me.

It has always bothered me far too much, and just now it doesn't. 

Sadly after close to 6 decades following the club  very similar as in couldn,t give a flying fook

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

1 win in 16 league games is not something Mcglynn should or will survive I'd imagine. No point sacking him now but he does have to go when his contracts up. I hope the board are already looking at suitable replacements. 

Lifted the following from the Falkirk threads…”5 home wins from 17 games, 18 points from 51 at home, is an utter disgrace.”

So, to compare, we have 1 win, 7 draws and 8 loses in 16 games, for 10 points of 48. Yes, it’s not a direct comparison, because that’s their home record only, but…Falkirk fans are baying for blood, and justifiably so…and some of us are comfortable because we got some hardware? Anyone that doesn’t see why what @grumswall and others are saying is absolutely clear are nutso. Just to be clear, the early part of the season, we went 9-6-2…let that sink in, it’s 35 points of 51!

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As suggested above, Tumilty is better as a real wingback, without as much urgency in getting back and getting stuck in defending. Dick gets forward nicely, but I think is miscast as a LB rather than a LCB…Young looks much the more a true wingback. With McKay now appearing a potential signing for depth (given his familiarity with the team and tactics), and Lang and Berra effectively making a single+ CB for next year, we’re still very thin on the back line signed, and no action appears likely for some time. If our new management wants to play 3-5-2, we should re-sign Tumilty, but as we have no idea who we might be pursuing or getting to manage, it’s likely he’ll leave. Musonda, as a RCB, would be a nice signing too, but again…

Reflecting further on this season, it’s easy to say when Spencer left the team injured in December our performances dropped off, but we also lost Tait around then. I think that losing Tait and Spencer together was the primary factor in our decline, as JMcG had effectively replaced Hendry with them both. Stanton has tried, and he’s a very competent player, but he can’t replace either of them directly because he plays in a different manner…a manner that JMcG doesn’t seem equipped to adapt our play to.

Unfortunately, I suspect we’ll miss out on signing Poplatnik because of a up coming management change too…unless the BoD is willing to step up, admit the season Is effectively over, and immediately bring in a replacement for the current management…a replacement who can start building next seasons team now.

Dave McKay will not sign a new contact with us. No where near a Championship centre half. 

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Lifted the following from the Falkirk threads…”5 home wins from 17 games, 18 points from 51 at home, is an utter disgrace.”

So, to compare, we have 1 win, 7 draws and 8 loses in 16 games, for 10 points of 48. Yes, it’s not a direct comparison, because that’s their home record only, but…Falkirk fans are baying for blood, and justifiably so…and some of us are comfortable because we got some hardware? Anyone that doesn’t see why what @grumswall and others are saying is absolutely clear are nutso. Just to be clear, the early part of the season, we went 9-6-2…let that sink in, it’s 35 points of 51!

Ach! It'll all go fine for Falkirk when they appoint McGlynn in the summer and come up next season, passing us on the way down, because we've given the job to some numpty from the usual managerial merry-go-round. Believe me, stranger things have happened.

Sadly  McGlynn and Smudgers time is up IMO along with a number of players who just arent,t good enough

Regards the change of chairmanship.

Dont think for one minute JS (who owns the whole shooting match)is going to slink into the background with little or no influence directly or indirectly on what goes on in the boardroom 

So, to compare, we have 1 win, 7 draws and 8 loses in 16 games, for 10 points of 48. Yes, it’s not a direct comparison, because that’s their home record only, but…Falkirk fans are baying for blood, and justifiably so…and some of us are comfortable because we got some hardware? Anyone that doesn’t see why what [mention=34780]grumswall[/mention] and others are saying is absolutely clear are nutso. Just to be clear, the early part of the season, we went 9-6-2…let that sink in, it’s 35 points of 51!

I think everyone kind if agrees that we don’t carry on with Mcglynn after this season. But it is not met with the same frustration levels that Falkirk fans have because there are big differences between the two clubs at the moment. We know that Mcglynn has 3 games left, he has brought us silverware, back up from league 1 and there is a lot of goodwill towards him and smith despite everything. There was always a hope that we could turn it around especially with partick and inverness being on bad runs, but we never had in this time and it is time for him to go.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If Craig Levein wants it then get him in. Anything else is a downgrade. 1 win in 16 is awful, but the grass isn’t always greener. 

Only real option for McGlynn and Smith is to have a rolling deal (or a continuation if they're already on that basis). We can't get 10 games into next season and be rooted at the bottom of the table and have a manager signed up on a 2 year deal when he's won two or three times in 20 games. 

27 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

A Baracus-esque attempt at altering the meaing of what you clearly said.

The "who's the fanny" wasn't aimed at you, (although the hypocrite I quote must equally apply it to you, but he won't), which if you've been keeping up with the whole discourse you should have understood.

In what sense am I a hypocrite then? This should be fun. 

Can’t see the official attendance anywhere, did the football for a fiver thing make much of an impact? Didn’t look like it from the stream.

The whole mood around the club at the moment is shot to bits for obvious reasons. A far cry from where we were pre-Christmas. Will be interesting to see if a summer re-set changes anything or if this Goodwillie hangover drifts into next season as well.