The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Congratulations Rovers. Must be sweet with all the bad shit that has happened. Now go and get beat by Dunfermline. Thanks.

Theres every chance thats what will happen, after all we cant have our near neighbours going down........................ or can we 😉😈

Apart from the result today and celebrations, how great was it to see Vaughan back out there with the rest of the squad, even if it was only a symbolic gesture? 

Absolutely delighted for the players today. They all come across as a likeable bunch and they've had to put up with a lot this season. I hope they get the chance to celebrate this properly when time allows. 

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Congratulations Rovers. Must be sweet with all the bad shit that has happened. Now go and get beat by Dunfermline. Thanks.

You just behave HT3 ... I'll have you know that winning the Fife derby on Wednesday means a lot to our dear friends from Kirkcaldy ... pssst, remember that wee cup thing we let you have lads, eh?

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

You just behave HT3 ... I'll have you know that winning the Fife derby on Wednesday means a lot to our dear friends from Kirkcaldy ... pssst, remember that wee cup thing we let you have lads, eh?

Indeed.

And remember Queens to play nicely on Friday.

Is Varion contracted to start or does McGlynn just think he’s the best option? Seems to start no matter what his form is. He’s not a bad player but at the moment we’re better with Matty up top. Bit frustrating we’ve had Matty sat on the bench all this time, had he been playing more earlier we’d probably never have signed he who shall not be named.  

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Is Varion contracted to start or does McGlynn just think he’s the best option? Seems to start no matter what his form is. He’s not a bad player but at the moment we’re better with Matty up top. Bit frustrating we’ve had Matty sat on the bench all this time, had he been playing more earlier we’d probably never have signed he who shall not be named.  

There have been games where he started on the bench.  Killie away being one that springs to mind.

Arbroath away and ICT at home were 2 games where they both played together and looked like a decent partnership.

After I (wrongly) spat the dummy regarding the goodwillie fiasco,  I've been peeking back in here the last few weeks, I watched the final yesterday and bloody enjoyed it. The decision to involve wee lewis in the squad was a completely fucking fantastic call by the gaffer. Please get poplatnik signed on a permanent deal. He was fucking outstanding yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yea, that’s all I’ve heard, but looks can be deceiving…

I don't profess to having any medical expertise but I would guess that he'll be struggling to get back before the end of the season. 

The same goes for Williamson who was wearing a moon boot on his injured foot.