The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What's the chat with Airdries ground for car parking? Easy in and out, or park elsewhere?

There is ample parking behind the East Stand, exiting is not any different from most grounds.

The last time I was there I'm sure it cost £3/4 to park.

50 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What's the chat with Airdries ground for car parking? Easy in and out, or park elsewhere?

For a run of the mill league match it's easy enough to get parked in the surrounding streets. Not sure how long those spaces will be available for a crowd of 3,000-4,000 though.

You only need to look at every single player who left us last season and the only one who has arguably had any success is Ugwu, and that's only because he's been a lot less injury prone. Hemdry will be on a lot more money but his game time has dried up. Armstrong went to Killie and can't get a game. Duku ended up with less league goals than Kieran MacDonald. Mecca never ended up hitting the same heights he did with us.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I can't see him taking a step up and if it ends up at a club at this level then it surely won't be a huge wage jump.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. Earlier in the session it was the right decision for him to wait and see what else is out there, but I don't think his stock is anywhere near as high as it was before that red card at Falkirk. 

It's not that that one incident suddenly sullied his reputation, it's more than the entire team's performance levels have dropped and there's not the same audience looking at the squad as a whole and thinking "who can we pinch from there?". 

He might get an offer from a Kilmarnock or a Dundee, but I'd be surprised if he was seen as a first pick at right back for any Premiership club. 

If he's moving up, it'll be as a squad player. For a guaranteed starting place, it'd be more like a Kieran MacDonald move to a club in a similar position to us.

I'd be very keen to keep him, though, I think he's still got room to improve and consistency on that side of defence would be a plus, given we'll probably be looking for a new left back. 

Been mentioned a few times about needing the Supporters Director in place to do stuff. As far as I’m aware, there’s no requirement for a Supporter’s Director at all. The place is only guaranteed on the New Raith Rovers board and that no longer has control over the club in any way after Sim’s takeover ripped up that structure. He controls everything including who is and isn’t on the Board. If he wanted to deny whoever wins the election a place on the Board he can. I’m not sure he’s stupid enough to provoke a war with fans by doing that, but then I didn’t think he’d be stupid enough to sign Goodwillie.  

35 minutes ago, TxRover said:

In other “trivial” news, the Rovers couldn’t even respond to a request for comment on a Guardian story about a push for standards on players behavior. Come on, say something.

When has the Guardian ever wanted anything to do with the Rovers?

Shit stirring rag. 

They can do one.

57 minutes ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, TxRover said:
In other “trivial” news, the Rovers couldn’t even respond to a request for comment on a Guardian story about a push for standards on players behavior. Come on, say something.

What's this all about tx?

It’s frustrating that the Rovers can’t even be bothered to make a statement when contacted about a story where they will be mentioned regardless. It’s the prefect spot to mention the new Board member and how the team is reaching out to the community and stakeholders to help move past the unfortunate mistake they made previously. As it was, we get a mention and it’s noted we had no response, f**king perfect.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

When has the Guardian ever wanted anything to do with the Rovers?

Shit stirring rag. 

They can do one.

And they offered us the chance to make a comment. If we responded and they didn’t feel like using it, we still get less poor coverage than ignoring a request for a statement and having that in the story. It just shows our BoD is still bunkered down and makes me wonder what moron these clowns will impose in place of JMcG, as it seem increasingly likely they aren’t going to re-sign him.

'The Guardian offered us a chance to make a comment.'

We should be so grateful.

We could have reached out to a few thousand people, most of whom couldn't point to Kirkcaldy on a map.

Edited by Specky Ginger