The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

See after this absolute fucking clusterfuck of a season, can we go back to the hybrid system. Oh and stop signing perma crocks rant over. 

Please explain how its been a clusterfuck of a season. We are in a cup final, we got through rounds in the other cups and played Celtic twice, we are kidding ourselves if we have a right to finish top 4, but with 5 games left we can still finish 3rd or 4th as well as 5th or 6th. Yes we signed Goodwillie which was a mistake but we also have other young players signed until 2023. Hardly a clusterfuck.

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Please explain how its been a clusterfuck of a season. We are in a cup final, we got through rounds in the other cups and played Celtic twice, we are kidding ourselves if we have a right to finish top 4, but with 5 games left we can still finish 3rd or 4th as well as 5th or 6th. Yes we signed Goodwillie which was a mistake but we also have other young players signed until 2023. Hardly a clusterfuck.

Another McGlynn apologist. Keatings crocked, Lang crocked, Vaughan signed till 24 crocked, Berra gets crocked a lot. The injuries we’ve endured the last 6 or 7 years can’t be ignored. 15 games unbeaten, then we go to f**k. The rumours about the signing of the rapist should, should have sent a message to the board that he wasn’t in any way wanted, yet he is signed. Others options could’ve been explored. But no. Explain why Goodwillie was the only option. Because I can’t think why?!?!

On 23/03/2022 at 16:06, TxRover said:

Look up Liam Dick on Transfermarkt and select by all competitions and by season…then you can see where he played, what he was playing and for how long. It isn’t perfect, but it’s pretty solid.

Well Tx looks like I need to apologise. I don’t think he’d go with Dick at CH but it appears I was wrong!

22 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Another McGlynn apologist. Keatings crocked, Lang crocked, Vaughan signed till 24 crocked, Berra gets crocked a lot. The injuries we’ve endured the last 6 or 7 years can’t be ignored. 15 games unbeaten, then we go to f**k. The rumours about the signing of the rapist should, should have sent a message to the board that he wasn’t in any way wanted, yet he is signed. Others options could’ve been explored. But no. Explain why Goodwillie was the only option. Because I can’t think why?!?!

So mcglynn is getting the blame for players being injured when he wasn't at the club now? Does that make me a mcglynn apologist? 

In terms of the injuries. 

Vaughan is a gamble every season but its the only reason we have a player of that quality, however with that said we should mitigate that by signing cover for him.

Keatings was a very strange PCA and it transpires he is fucked, you would like to think a bit of due diligence would have been carried out before hand. 

Berra despite being in great shape is knocking on and the recovery time is always going to be longer. The other thing here is I doubt he was meant to play as regularly as he has. 

Macdonald was just one of those things against the cursed mob from the hills. 

Spencer again one of those things players will break bones but his recovery is dragging on.

Musonda was injured from last season and again the recovery took longer than hoped. 

Lang is unfortunate, I don't know if he has a history of similar problems but again I would hope due diligence was carried out. 

So we've had 2 ACL, 1 broken leg and 1 player physically had to be paid off. As well as a recent outbreak of diphtheria or some such thing tear through the camp.

Its actually not that bad on paper but it's made a huge mark on the season. 

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:

So mcglynn is getting the blame for players being injured when he wasn't at the club now? Does that make me a mcglynn apologist? 

They were already injured when they came to us. Call me a liar????

14 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

What in the name of f**k? Think you need to go have a lie down before you have an anuerysm. 🥴

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

One thing for sure, game management, leadership and communication on the pitch and the ability to defend have to be made the number one priority for next season along with whatever training methods that are contributing to the amount acl's that we've had

Bloody hell, don’t say that mate, it’s not McGlynns fault🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

No need to virtue signal mate😆😆

I wasn't, you appear to be having some sort of online breakdown though simply cause some other folk disagree with you. Mind the BP.

19 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Keatings shouldn't have been signed, and there was an appaling lack of due diligence there.

Spencer got his leg broken in a challenge on the pitch. Not sure you can mitigate for that or blame it on the training. 

Today our issues come down to two injuries, both sustained on the pitch and not in training. A suspension, and, bizarrely, an international call up.

I think McGlynn's signings have been a  curate's egg this season. Probably as many duds as hits this time out, and he hasn't found a balance in his forward options all season.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Mcglynn hasn't been manager the past 6/7 years... 

we seem to accumulate more injuries than all the clubs in the SPFL. But McGlynn does love an injury prone player. 

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Well Tx looks like I need to apologise. I don’t think he’d go with Dick at CH but it appears I was wrong!

Doesn’t make me happy, though. Dick just doesn’t seem to have the defensive spine we saw earlier this year, but that might be due to the changes in midfield as well.

On to other matters. From reports it seems McKay was reasonably decent today, so will we re-sign him for next year as (hopefully) depth at CB and RB? We have Berra, Dick, Lang, Young and Masson signed for defenders next year. I’d expect Masson and Young to spend time on loan to develop, if we can let them go. If we re-sign Bene, Bene and Berra would both probably be expected to miss some time, plus Lang won’t be ready until a couple of months into the season. We still need to re-sign Tumilty or replace him, and we don’t know if we can retain Musonda either.

Poplatnik, sign him too? Seems to work well with a partner, and we’ll have (hopefully) Vaughan and Gullan to pair with him, plus Mitchell developing into his future replacement in another year?