The New Raith Rovers Thread

47 minutes ago, TxRover said:

With us, CB vs Killie a few games ago…7 games at CB for Alloa last year…3 games at CB for Alloa in 19/20…6 games at CB for Alloa in 18/19…1 CB for The Sons and 3 RB for Stranraer in 17/18…that enough?

Well he didn’t play CB in either of the two recent games against Killie for us. Even when him and Mackie have both played and we had a back 5, Mackie has been the one playing CB, to the left of a 3. He got thrown in there briefly on Saturday but that was it.

Where are you getting the stats from that he played there 7 times for Alloa last season etc?

Edited by Jilted John

Well he didn’t play CB in either of the two recent games against Killie for us. Even when him and Mackie have both played and we had a back 5, Mackie has been the one playing CB, to the left of a 3. He got thrown in there briefly on Saturday but that was it.
Where are you getting the stats from that he played there 7 times for Alloa last season etc?

To be fair to Tx, Dick did start on the left of a back 3 vs Kilmarnock before we moved to a back 4 with Mackie coming off. I can’t help with any of the other stats, mainly because I don’t have the time nor interest in doing so, but he’s right on that one.

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Look up Liam Dick on Transfermarkt and select by all competitions and by season…then you can see where he played, what he was playing and for how long. It isn’t perfect, but it’s pretty solid.

Look up Liam Dick on Transfermarkt and select by all competitions and by season…then you can see where he played, what he was playing and for how long. It isn’t perfect, but it’s pretty solid.

It is not pretty solid at all.

Far from it.

It’s on the same scale as Wikipedia tbh.

5 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

It is not pretty solid at all.

Far from it.

It’s on the same scale as Wikipedia tbh.

Let’s see, it has positioning and time data that matches the data on the Rovers I have for this year, so that’s a pretty decent start. It is limited to being as accurate as the contributor that enters the data for the team,  but it’s quite accurate as a whole. As a backup, you can check match reports for some random matches and see it the data matches, it did where I looked. There are subscription sites with more detailed data and slightly higher reliability…but on free view, Fotmob agrees he plays CB, as do Footballcritic and fbref…who both also show RB as well. So, tbh, find a new hobby horse to beat, eh?

I have this recurring nightmare that against all odds we scrape into the play offs only to face ICT with Colin Steven officiating as their 12th man. I wake up in a cold sweat screaming "you canny send him off! It's only the warm up, the games not started yet!"

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I have this recurring nightmare that against all odds we scrape into the play offs only to face ICT with Colin Steven officiating as their 12th man. I wake up in a cold sweat screaming "you canny send him off! It's only the warm up, the games not started yet!"

Smoking crack before yer bed isn’t good for you man. We won’t be sneaking into any play off place.