The New Raith Rovers Thread

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

After signing Goodwillie and the spectacular own goal that it was, has your club regained any level of loyalty from those fans who opposed it?

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm struggling to come up with any sort of defensive line up from that group of players that would give us even half a chance of a result. 

Mulling over the options…since Dick has played across the back previously but Mackie seems to have played almost exclusively at LB, why not…

Thompson

Tumilty/McKay/Dick/Mackie

Matthews

Connolly/Stanton/Arnott

Poplatnick/Varian

Subs: Young, Zanatta, Ross, Gullan

If McKay is out, then Young at LB and slide the others, except Tumilty, over one. Emergency defender is whom? And who is the backup keeper?

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Mulling over the options…since Dick has played across the back previously but Mackie seems to have played almost exclusively at LB, why not…

Thompson

Tumilty/McKay/Dick/Mackie

Matthews

Connolly/Stanton/Arnott

Poplatnick/Varian

Subs: Young, Zanatta, Ross, Gullan

If McKay is out, then Young at LB and slide the others, except Tumilty, over one. Emergency defender is whom? And who is the backup keeper?

Mackie came on at centre half against Celtic. McGlynn mentioned he'd played there for Hibs in a bounce game against the Rovers prior to his move. He'll play in central defence before Dick. 

12 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think we have to appeal Benes red as we desperately need bodies. 

If we lose the appeal hopefully by that time we will have Berra and Musonda back by in the squad. 

14 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

McGlynn's hearing for his red card isn't until 14 April, so presumably he'll still be available for Saturday and for the Challenge Cup final. 

In today's Courier that we're not appealing the Benedictus red card and McGlynn has the option of either accepting a one match ban, which will be this Saturday, or face the hearing on the 14th.

What worries me more is how much goals we’ll lose on Saturday, because what’s available at the back scares me to death. McGlynn will have us finishing 8th. 

To be fair, this hospital ward of injuries coupled with suspensions wasn't of his doing. Stupid and needless challenges will have us finishing 8th.

There's no chance we're finishing 8th. 

It's certainly possible that one of, or a lot less likely, both Hamilton and Morton could catch us. But even if they both did we'd still be 7th. Absolutely no chance that Ayr are going to overhaul us as well.

I’ve said this before, many times, but we really need to get Brad Spencer tied down. 2 year deals on all relatively new players, but he was out in the summer - decided to stay. Can’t be having that again this summer, get him tied down earlier.
Great to see players called up, but as mentioned above, it leaves us short as f*ck at the back - typical!
Away on holiday, so won’t see the Arbroath game on Saturday - perhaps a blessing in disguise. Back in time for the Cup Final, can’t wait. And taken my eldest - as it’s not every season we’re in a final. COYR!

Partick getting horsed along the road there. It truely is the hope that kills you, if we'd managed to see out all those games we gave away late goals in we would be challenging at the top if not well clear. 

I know I know if your auntie had baws she'd be your uncle. 

22 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Mackie came on at centre half against Celtic. McGlynn mentioned he'd played there for Hibs in a bounce game against the Rovers prior to his move. He'll play in central defence before Dick. 

Yes, Mackie did…but over the years, Dick has spent time across the back that Mackie hasn’t, and his recent work at LB has been a wee bit disappointing.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Partick getting horsed along the road there. It truely is the hope that kills you, if we'd managed to see out all those games we gave away late goals in we would be challenging at the top if not well clear. 

I know I know if your auntie had baws she'd be your uncle. 

We are going to look back on this season with serious regret, and not just because of a certain transfer saga... 

On 21/03/2022 at 22:11, San Starko Rover said:

The deeply unpopular sequel to the beloved children’s book “Where’s Wally”

Kid's had the jig saws......oh my God I hated them - the Wally jig saws, not my kids !!

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yes, Mackie did…but over the years, Dick has spent time across the back that Mackie hasn’t, and his recent work at LB has been a wee bit disappointing.

When has Dick spent any time playing anywhere other than left back across the years? I’m all for stats but please don’t just make stuff up. 

5 hours ago, Jilted John said:

When has Dick spent any time playing anywhere other than left back across the years? I’m all for stats but please don’t just make stuff up. 

With us, CB vs Killie a few games ago…7 games at CB for Alloa last year…3 games at CB for Alloa in 19/20…6 games at CB for Alloa in 18/19…1 CB for The Sons and 3 RB for Stranraer in 17/18…that enough?