The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, jagster said:

Hi everyone  thanks for all your help previously. Just one more question we need to get the 5.30 bus at the main bus station to halbeath on the X61 to catch our bus north 6.30. How far is the bus station to Starks Park for before and after game is it easily walkable or is it a bus taxi ride away. Cheers 

Easy walking distance 20 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, jagster said:

Hi everyone  thanks for all your help previously. Just one more question we need to get the 5.30 bus at the main bus station to halbeath on the X61 to catch our bus north 6.30. How far is the bus station to Starks Park for before and after game is it easily walkable or is it a bus taxi ride away. Cheers 

It's no more than a 20 minute walk.

Thanks all. Should manage in plenty time after game. Is there a chippy close to bus station. Or is there something near the stop at halbeath am should have half an hour to kill there 

3 minutes ago, jagster said:

Thanks all. Should manage in plenty time after game. Is there a chippy close to bus station. Or is there something near the stop at halbeath am should have half an hour to kill there 

Decent chippy in Halbeath village.

There's one on Links Street in Kirkcaldy and one on the high street, near the Penny Farthing pub, but haven't sampled from either in a while.

The best chippies in Kirkcaldy are well away from the ground and the town centre.

On 17/03/2022 at 16:07, Raith_Raver said:

To all you uppity crowd who think we should be heading for the SPL, If it wasn't for McGlynn we'd likely still be down beside Falkirk, getting stuffed by Cove Rangers and Montrose.

No, if it wasn't for covid, you would still be in League one . Lets be honest ? 😞

No, if it wasn't for covid, you would still be in League one . Lets be honest ? [emoji20]

Let’s face it. We were “promoted” not to upset East Fife, but because the spfl predicted the shits and giggles that would happen if Falkirk stayed down.

41 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

No, if it wasn't for covid, you would still be in League one . Lets be honest ? 😞

And if it wasn't for your team you would remain in League One. Enjoy Div 2 and be careful of the trap door at the bottom. 😀😀😀

Been reading a lot of the comments about us keeping McGlynn. Why are these people so forgiving now, he and some directors were the architects of the signing of a rapist. The majority of us on this thread wanted shot of the lot of them. Now it seems no one can replace him. Also talk of Marvin Bartley getting his chance, what has he achieved that Christophe Berra hasn’t. Just a question mind?!?!

3 hours ago, renton said:

Really don't like guys going from player to manager at the same club. Fully expect Berra to go into management but if he's smart he'll try and avoid the awkwardness that goes with shifting from "one of the lads" to the "gaffer" by doing it somewhere else.

From what I’ve heard he’s not “one of lads” anyway. Pissed off more than a few of his teammate by giving the team Christmas night out a heavy swerve.

27 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Been reading a lot of the comments about us keeping McGlynn. Why are these people so forgiving now, he and some directors were the architects of the signing of a rapist. The majority of us on this thread wanted shot of the lot of them. Now it seems no one can replace him. Also talk of Marvin Bartley getting his chance, what has he achieved that Christophe Berra hasn’t. Just a question mind?!?!

Football fans are fickle its that simple we will getxa clearer picture as the season comes to an end or when the old guard decides on an opinion and gives anyone dogs abuse for daring to challenge it.

6 hours ago, Enigma said:

From what I’ve heard he’s not “one of lads” anyway. Pissed off more than a few of his teammate by giving the team Christmas night out a heavy swerve.

Smart boy.

Based on the media reports around the St Mirren job, it wouldn't surprise me if Steven Naismith was one of the contenders if McGlynn did leave - has been coaching Hearts U18 and I suspect wouldn't be against teaming up with Berra.

Whether he'd be any good is a different debate.

I’d see how we get on today before folk rush to give John McGlynn a lifetime contract. Ignoring the Goodwillie sized elephant in the dressing room we’ve been rotten since November.  We got a win against a half arsed Killie team who thought the game was won and we limped over the line against a terrible Queen of the South who looked like they’d never met before. Overall the season has been good but the second half so far has been an absolute catastrophe if we’re being honest.  

If we reach the playoffs and do reasonably well (semi finals or better), then there's a strong case for McGlynn to stay.

If, after the level of backing he's had this season, we fail to make the playoffs, I think a change would be merited.

However, as others have said, the list of realistic candidates hardly sets the heart racing.

I'd bet my last pound that if we don't offer McGlynn a new deal, he'll be at Falkirk next season.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

Based on the media reports around the St Mirren job, it wouldn't surprise me if Steven Naismith was one of the contenders if McGlynn did leave - has been coaching Hearts U18 and I suspect wouldn't be against teaming up with Berra.

Whether he'd be any good is a different debate.

Wasn’t this the route Liam Fox took to becoming Cowdenbeath manager? From memory that didn’t work very well.

Think McGlynn took a similar route though, so who knows.

Edited by Scary Bear