The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I must admit, every time I log on here these days and see there's been a high number of posts in this thread in a relatively short period of time, I'm overcome with dread. 

Aye fir once its not you know who ............. mores the pity

22 minutes ago, renton said:

For all it was a strange statement it was seemingly, the actual truth: He didn't play because he was physically broken.

At first I thought it was a cover story to save face; too bad he never got back to fitness.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

We have got to stop McGlynn signing strikers. It would be more cost effective to employ someone on 40k a year just to identify and sign strikers. 

Don’t worry, when this f’ing season is over McGlynn Smith and his Wife will hopefully be gone. No more injury prone pish to deal with. 

10 hours ago, pub car king said:

Perhaps Susan Simpson has been at work already with this. We all knew Keatings would never return but there would still be some kind of settlement agreed for his contract. 

I suppose footballers will be no different from any other profession if your not fit to do the job your employed to do your services can be disposed off but your right that’s  where Susan simpsons expertise have probably came into play regarding HR etc

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

I suppose footballers will be no different from any other profession if your not fit to do the job your employed to do your services can be disposed off but your right that’s  where Susan simpsons expertise have probably came into play regarding HR etc

She has my vote, that’s what she’s meant to do. Getting rid of dead wood. Now for the 7😆😆

17 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Now, take any money saved and go and get Dom Thomas on a PCA. 

I have an inkling the current management team aren't being allowed to sign anyone.

Am I wrong or usually by now we are not announcing the likes of Tumilty and Keaton?

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

I have an inkling the current management team aren't being allowed to sign anyone.

Am I wrong or usually by now we are not announcing the likes of Tumilty and Keaton?

Yep. I looked over a list of our signed players for 2022-2023, and we’re already pretty forward/winger heavy, so I seriously doubt we’ll sign another. As it stands I count 3 keepers, 5 defenders, 3 midfielders and 8 forwards/wingers. Of those players, 3 are modern apprentices and another 2 are still damp behind the ears.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

We announced Keatings and Lang really early last season, but I don't think that's particularly usual. 

I would expect news on the manager's contract before any PCAs are announced though, it would be an odd situation otherwise. 

20 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Did Bill Clark not say that there was a review to be taken on the managers contract after the 3rd quarter of the season?

Pretty sure we would need the supporters director confirmed before the managerial decision could be finalised...

Yeah, he did.