The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

It’s funny how The Rovers always seem to run out of steam mid way through a season, yet little Arbroath seemed until Saturday consistently fought for each other and remained top of the league. Yes they may fade, but up until the game at the weekend they showed what  fighting for the cause meant. Why we can’t match that tenacity or fervour with a bigger budget than most teams in this league, it really boggles the mind. 

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this. Arbroath have lost 4 games all season. The fewest from anyone in the league, with both us and PT next with 7 games lost. They will from time to time play crap, and by the sounds of things they did play crap at the weekend. I would understand your point about fighting for the cause if they had lost 2/3/4 on the bounce. But surly one game lost and dropping a place doesn’t mean they have totally stopped fighting? 

We do have a history of fading out tho and I’m not really sure how we can solve that. Injury’s are always a big one here, we never quite get the luck of the draw in terms of that. I do wonder just how close we would be to the top (or how far in front) we would be if all our players stayed fit for the season

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

What he meant, presumably, was that Dick Campbell wouldn’t have seen the morale of the players/fans drop that low by signing Goodwillie.

Is this from the other side of the moon - Dick Campbell not signing Goodwillie highlights that he's a better manager than McGlynn  🥴

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Sensible stuff.

Meanwhile, in Thailand: "Right, we've finally sorted out that situation with the striker we can't play...sorry, what do you mean the other one?"

Just now, renton said:

What was it in the end? About 20 mins of competitive football for us?

Hit the bar against Brechin in the league cup. Can't remember much other than that. 

Have to say, I'm fucking delighed it'll stop the "Why have we got Keatings out on loan at Montrose" brigade on social media. He wasn't even appearing for them, let alone us. 

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Hit the bar against Brechin in the league cup. Can't remember much other than that. 

Have to say, I'm fucking delighed it'll stop the "Why have we got Keatings out on loan at Montrose" brigade on social media. He wasn't even appearing for them, let alone us. 

He hasn't been in Montrose's squad the last few weeks. Not sure if injured or otherwise, but fair to assume his career is finished. 

Scored about a quarter of his career goals against us. We sign him, he barely plays, we release a weird statement about his body being too weak and he's loaned to Montrose. What a disaster of a signing. 

Edited by Michael W

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Well, all his career highlights involved fucking Raith Rovers so I suppose itvwas nice he got to find one last opportunity to do so this season.

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

He hasn't been in Montrose's squad the last few weeks. Not sure if injured or otherwise, but fair to assume his career is finished. 

Scored about a quarter of his career goals against us. We sign him, he barely plays, we release a weird statement about his body being too weak and he's loaned to Montrose. What a disaster of a signing. 

And to think,  not even the biggest disaster of a signing this season.