The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Sweep, sweep sweep, your fans lapped up the signings at the time. Thankfully your team were still fucking shite and promptly relegated the following season, and the following season too. Never forget. 

You must be in Raith Ravers clique. 

Both clubs actions (Dunfermline and their financial mismanagement and us signing a rapist) are incomparable. By a long shot. 

We've harped on and on about Dunfermlines past in various match threads and their own thread to the point where it was getting incredibly tedious, boring and pointless. It's our turn to be the brunt of the slagging, and rightly so. 

56 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You must be in Raith Ravers clique. 

Is that clique one, two or three? My list is for clique one, I believe, but the numbering is a bit suspect, and he’s not in that one.

As for who’s made a profit, and whose Board has cocked it up, it’s fitba, the answers are 1) none but the dirty duo and their tame lap dogs 2) everyone’s, at some point. No one is really capable of freely tossing around accusations because there are skeletons galore and plenty of stuff brushed under the rug. This most recent fiasco with Clyde and Raith would have barely been a blip ten or twenty years ago, which speaks well for societal evolution. Yes, we spent plenty of words sniping at the Pars for shortchanging many people with an Administration, but that’s certainly come home to roost now. Guess that old saying about what goes around, comes around, wasn’t that wrong.

Is that clique one, two or three? My list is for clique one, I believe, but the numbering is a bit suspect, and he’s not in that one.
As for who’s made a profit, and whose Board has cocked it up, it’s fitba, the answers are 1) none but the dirty duo and their tame lap dogs 2) everyone’s, at some point. No one is really capable of freely tossing around accusations because there are skeletons galore and plenty of stuff brushed under the rug. This most recent fiasco with Clyde and Raith would have barely been a blip ten or twenty years ago, which speaks well for societal evolution. Yes, we spent plenty of words sniping at the Pars for shortchanging many people with an Administration, but that’s certainly come home to roost now. Guess that old saying about what goes around, comes around, wasn’t that wrong.
And with that, can we now get all this "whose board are the biggest roasters?" shite in the bin? Back to le fitba please.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Jesus christ, I'm not exactly a wordsmith myself but have you ever considered punctuation? 

2013 was nine years ago. 

You replied to a statement I said about Dunfermline being at the height of our overspending, which was 2004, 18 years ago. 

Doesn't matter "what you were getting at", you replied to a statement, were utterly wrong, and even now you seem incapable of realising that 2013 wasn't seven years ago. 

Seven years after 2002 was 2009, we won the title in 2011, hth. 

After we hit admin Yorkston wasn't involved with the Pars trust. 

You are literally wrong about everything you post, every, single, time. 

So, so dense. 

You're welcome to try take the moral high ground, it'd look very silly though. You'd think the recent events would've helped you realise that the actions of a board aren't really the actions of the fans, very silly Leeds man. 

Oh the usual reply use punctuation. I'm on a football forum replying to a halfwit, not writing a detailed report like I do for work. Also your admin was 8 years 11 months ago, so not 9 years if you want specifics.

Yorkston stood down from the board in November 2012 and then took up a post with Par Trust. So not exactly wrong.

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Someone anonymous posting on a message Board isn’t quite the same as the person himself announcing it. If you can get a message to him, then persuade him to get himself in front of a Raith TV camera and outline his overall plan for this handover. Most reasonable people realise that pre-Goodwillie the club was making progress under his guidance. He fucked up, but it’s not unrecoverable. But the only way he’s going to recover is by being open and transparent, not hiding in a bunker trying to keep his face off camera and his name out of the papers. That just breeds mistrust. 

Please see image although these plans have changed slightly.  The light blue part of the stand above the roof, the plans is to remove this, put in glass and have hospitality boxes, so the external building will obviously be higher. He also has plans to demolish the railway stand, replace it with a small stand with other facilities including a gym. All coming directly for the owner, not Raith Rovers. image.png.5050a8555a5a7d0107b59a8b25db6c35.png

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Are you always wrong about literally everything? 

7 years ago Bob Garmony would've been our chairman. 

Masterton got yeeted a decade ago, and it was the period between 99-2005 where we really spent outwith our means. 

You do seem genuinely thick so I'll help you out, I was younger 20 years ago. 

Also so wrong, Masterton stood down from the board in March 2013 but stayed on for a few more weeks. So not a decade ago as you state. 

7 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Please see image although these plans have changed slightly.  The light blue part of the stand above the roof, the plans is to remove this, put in glass and have hospitality boxes, so the external building will obviously be higher. He also has plans to demolish the railway stand, replace it with a small stand with other facilities including a gym. All coming directly for the owner, not Raith Rovers. image.png.5050a8555a5a7d0107b59a8b25db6c35.png

You said the same about the pitch last month. 

Now, it may well just be a coincidence, but the long term liabilities of Stark's Park Properties increased around £800k the same year that happened. Are you sure Sim paid for the pitch personally?

Edit: it does seem like I keep replying to these posts so apologies if this seems like I'm being a bit of a dick here, but the club's finances are utterly dreadful and they trouble me. I am not privvy to the inner workings of the club, but when I hear that Sim has paid for things personally, I fear that what has actually happened is that a company Sim controls has in fact paid, which is not the same thing. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

You said the same about the pitch last month. 

Now, it may well just be a coincidence, but the long term liabilities of Stark's Park Properties increased around £800k the same year that happened. Are you sure Sim paid for the pitch personally?

Edit: it does seem like I keep replying to these posts so apologies if this seems like I'm being a bit of a dick here, but the club's finances are utterly dreadful and they trouble me. I am not privvy to the inner workings of the club, but when I hear that Sim has paid for things personally, I fear that what has actually happened is that a company Sim controls has in fact paid, which is not the same thing. 

All I can say is I have it on good authority that Sim is spending 2 mil of his money to improvements. 

38 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

All I can say is I have it on good authority that Sim is spending 2 mil of his money to improvements. 

If this is actually happening, then why not state it publicly? Without that transparency, then I’m afraid it’s just smoke and mirrors around Stark’s Park Properties. 

Like Michael W, I’m conscious of being the twat that is continually questioning what is going on, but it’s only because there is a complete lack of transparency around Sim. From much of what I’ve heard from people that have had to deal with him directly then he doesn’t quite fit this ‘nice guy, benevolent owner’ persona. In fact quite the opposite.

You’ve mentioned the Glasgow gangsters a few times. Presumably we ended up with those chancers in charge because at the time people just accepted at face value what they were told and didn’t ask questions. I’m glad Rovers fans aren’t quite so willing to accept what they’re told this time around and are questioning when there’s a lack of transparency or no tangible evidence for stuff. 

Edited by roverthemoon

32 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If he spends the money and puts it on an IOU to any of his companies, it amounts to a debt on paper that can be called in later. 

54 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I’m getting a bit confused on here over the last few pages so apologies if I am way off the mark but are you suggesting that Grant and other Pars fans should have questioned where Dunfermline were getting their money from but that Raith fans should just accept where our stadium improvement money is coming from with no questions asked?

Can't really win though. If Sim pays for this or that, then if A) it's public, then we encourage big-man-dependency which is the ruin of any number of clubs, but if B) it's not announced, then those more cautiously minded will make negative assumptions about the club's liabilities.

While we're so far from sustainability we are going to need 'investment' ie gifts on a scale that itself discourages the fanbase from taking responsibility for the eventual sustainability. 

24 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

I’m getting a bit confused on here over the last few pages so apologies if I am way off the mark but are you suggesting that Grant and other Pars fans should have questioned where Dunfermline were getting their money from but that Raith fans should just accept where our stadium improvement money is coming from with no questions asked?

Finally! Can you draw raith1974 a wee diagram so he can maybe understand this?

58 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Can't really win though. If Sim pays for this or that, then if A) it's public, then we encourage big-man-dependency which is the ruin of any number of clubs, but if B) it's not announced, then those more cautiously minded will make negative assumptions about the club's liabilities.

While we're so far from sustainability we are going to need 'investment' ie gifts on a scale that itself discourages the fanbase from taking responsibility for the eventual sustainability. 

The club's liabilities are there for all to see on Companies House. 

It is insolvent. The only thing stopping it going bust is that much of the liabilities are to directors that haven't asked for it back. Presumably the vast majority of it is to John Sim. Unless he writes it off, that money remains owed to him. 

1 hour ago, ribzanelli said:

Ask the questions of people at the club, I have and have on good authority its Sims money as he wants to leave a legacy not a mess. That would imply there he's not going to come calling for the money he has and will spend. John Sim is portrayed as some villain on here by our own fans. Yes he does things his way, but someone who buys the old cinema and YW on the prom and gifts it to the people trying to do something with it isn't a villain. In short I really don't care about what Dunfermline fans did or didnt do. Are they questioning their German owners and what the intentions are going forward. Maybe they are, they certainly should be come May if their league position stays as it is.