The New Raith Rovers Thread

Started going to the Rovers during the Bobby Wilson days so was lucky to see first hand how Frank Connor turned us around. The players he brought to the club like Dalziel, McStay, McAlpine, Fraser etc were absolute class. Stranraer away was my first experience of a Rovers promotion and probably still my favourite. A sad loss. 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Well, this week was all going far too well, wasn't it? 

Wonder what happens if we refuse? Celtic seemingly refused to let Dundee terminate Griffiths' loans. 

It's time the board did the right thing: own your collective failures, get your wallets out and pay him off. And if someone can actually have the guts to turn up and say something about it, that would be grand too. 

The kick it down the road approach has failed - take action and take it now. 

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Wonder what happens if we refuse? Celtic seemingly refused to let Dundee terminate Griffiths' loans. 

It's time the board did the right thing: own your collective failures, get your wallets out and pay him off. And if someone can actually have the guts to turn up and say something about it, that would be grand too. 

The kick it down the road approach has failed - take action and take it now. 

I assume that if we did pay him off, we could still hold on to his registration to allow us to claim some money back off any other team stupid enough to sign him?

6 minutes ago, true_rover said:

I assume that if we did pay him off, we could still hold on to his registration to allow us to claim some money back off any other team stupid enough to sign him?

Just want him and everything about him terminated from Raith Rovers asap. We will lose money on this but it's no longer about trying to cut losses, just empty the rapist fucker NOW.

5 minutes ago, true_rover said:

No if he is ‘paid off’ and his contract cancelled by mutual agreement then that’s it he’s gone, nothing to do with us.  If we ‘hold on to his registration’ then he would still be our player and not paid off.  So in answer to your question it’s pay up and he’s gone or don’t pay up and we are  the only team stupid enough to have signed him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Frank Connor was Raith Rovers Manager when I rocked up to play a trial for them in circa 86 or 87 at age of about 18.

Called me into his office and called me a f**k*ng woofter (Those were the days) due to my ear ring which I was telt to remove.

Then got told I was playing for first team in a bounce friendly against the reserves with Cammy Fraser et al.

Edited by superbigal

10 hours ago, superbigal said:

Frank Connor was Raith Rovers Manager when I rocked up to play a trial for them in circa 86 or 87 at age of about 18.

Called me into his office and called me a f**k*ng woofter (Those were the days) due to my ear ring which I was telt to remove.

Then got told I was playing for first team in a bounce friendly against the reserves with Cammy Fraser et al.

Aye they were the days

Sadly you can go back where but never when and when was snowflakes fell from nov to feb and woke was what our maw  asked if you were for school

11 hours ago, superbigal said:

How did you do? 

Tell us more...