The New Raith Rovers Thread

Started going well before Frank came to the Rovers so I'm old (wise ?) enough to remember the absolute dross that was served up before he arrived. Pretty sure we were 3rd bottom of Scottish football when he came in, promotion at Stranraer was just a fantastic feeling.

As others have said he laid the foundations for the glory years in the mid 90's. Without a doubt a true Rovers legend. RIP Mr Connor.

Edited by keyser_soze

Started going well before Frank came to the Rovers so I'm old (wise ?) enough to remember the absolute dross that was served up before he arrived. Pretty sure we were 3rd bottom of Scottish football when he came in, promotion at Stranraer was just a fantastic feeling.
As others have said he laid the foundations for the glory years in the mid 90's. Without a doubt a true Rovers legend. RIP Mr Conner.
RIP who?

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
45 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:
As others have said he laid the foundations for the glory years in the mid 90's. Without a doubt a true Rovers legend. RIP Mr Conner.

RIP who?

Yep, my bad, now edited, possibly just wishful thinking 😶

Edited by keyser_soze

So sad to hear about Frank Connor. Took over as manager not long after I started going to games. Brought in some cracking players, Hamish, Cammy, Dalziel to name a few and started the ball rolling for the success Nicholl had with us.

A day I will always remember, promotion at Stair Park.

RIP.

image.thumb.png.93b36cff979cbb51cc0168adf821bdf7.png

Edited by raith1974
Spelling

Frank did so much for this club of ours. Started with dross and made a diamond, a club to be proud of. It was an education going round the back of the dressing room to hear his half time talk. He did not mince his words. Had time for the fans as well. He will be missed. R.I.P. indeed.

2 hours ago, rrfsee said:

Frank did so much for this club of ours. Started with dross and made a diamond, a club to be proud of. It was an education going round the back of the dressing room to hear his half time talk. He did not mince his words. Had time for the fans as well. He will be missed. R.I.P. indeed.

He will be missed, on the subject of fans I can recall a few behind the dugout he certainly didn't miss.

RIP Raith Rovers legend.

Frank was a legend taking over from the total disaster of Bobby Wilson and Dick campbell a fact dick doesn’t ever mention surprise ! Surprise ! 
Mind the rollercoaster day at Stranraer and I’m sure his last game was a 7-1 loss away at brockville as people have previously stated he laid the foundations for Rovers rise up the leagues , great old school manager  

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Can we no use the Goodwillie thread for all this crap instead of cluttering up this thread

In fairness, it's back to being very much our shitshow.

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

I've not been to Airdrie for a while but from what I can recall the parking near the stadium wasn't great. Should have been at Hampden! 

The front car park can get crammed but the one at the rear is massive, never any issues.