The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
2 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Hot damn, Arnott…the kid has a bright future if he keeps up his hungry play. Would love to see him get a longer stretch, or even a start!

Who'd have thought it...

Yea, yea…but he certainly looks the player, maybe a bit like Tait? We need to see more of him, but it does leave us a new problem, midfield starting spots. Could we see Arnott playing the AM spot behind Varian or Pops?

Any new found optimism will quickly evaporate if we get beat on Saturday, that’s a must win for me.

However, there are definitely some signs of positivity with Spencer back and the last couple of performances being much improved. Hopefully we can build again with a win on Saturday to really give hope a corner has been turned and give a bit of positivity looking ahead at the remainder of the season. 

Hopefully Zanatta is fit for the weekend as well as Varian. Even if they don’t start, it gives us options. With Gullan still to return we should hopefully have a very strong bench soon which can only help.

Great to see to players who have come through our youth team get the goals, Arnott impresses me every time I watch him, definitely looks a prospect.

I know it's the diddy trophy, but with our league campaign looking like petering out without so much as a whimper, and that other thing going on, it's going to be a real boost for everyone connected with the club to have something positive to focus on over the next few weeks. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yea, yea…but he certainly looks the player, maybe a bit like Tait? We need to see more of him, but it does leave us a new problem, midfield starting spots. Could we see Arnott playing the AM spot behind Varian or Pops?

I think Gullan is the man for the number 10 Spot as he’s definitely not a Striker. Arnott looks a player sure I heard he was really rated by Regan Hendry as a baller when he was here. 

Just now, Been going too long said:

Been a month from hell being a rovers supporter but hoped for a goal, got 2, hoped for a win and the boys delivered👍🏻, I’m a middle aged man buzzing because we are in the diddy cup final -football eh bloody hell😂😂

1B4C02DA-9DB8-4E2C-9FE7-757DF6D7298A.jpeg

^This 100% this^ 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Still can't believe the Rovers have made it to four cup finals in my lifetime.

This will be my sixth, only won two though and unlike Rovers we failed against the Govan mob. 🫤

50 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Diddy cup or not I'm stupidly excited for a cup final day out on the lash. 

What's not to like? Diddy Cup or not it's a final and it's winnable for each club. Great day out. 👌

59 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

The most satisfying thing about it being that we beat both halves of the old firm to win 2 of them.

And that's impressive, kudos!

Textbook that I won’t be able to go to the final. Missed the Rangers one sitting in A&E at the ERI, too. Hopefully that’s a good omen, albeit it shite for me, personally. 

Tonight was great but we need to use it as a springboard for the league. Tonight will mean nothing if we don’t pick up 3 points from Ayr. That being said… tonight was great. The system proved itself to be a hit and the subs undoubtedly swung the game in our favour. Arnott is really starting to give me good vibes, has looked handy every time I’ve seen him and has now grabbed his first goal. I’m sure Regan Hendry called him “the best player he had ever seen at his age” when he was still here last year. 

I actually think Matthews is looking to pick our Zanatta at the first goal, but Dario makes such a bad attempt at finding space that Matthews has no option but to just take on the shot. Great finish, though. One of those ones where you knew it was in as soon as it left his boot, sat right behind it and the keeper was never getting near it. Ethan Ross was a nuisance when he came on, lively and sharp. Will need another look at the penalty but we were due a decision after the pathetic decision to give the foul against Varian in the first half. Never felt confident in Bene scoring the penalty but great desire to get it forced over the line. 

Well worth the trip. 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

What's not to like? Diddy Cup or not it's a final and it's winnable for each club. Great day out. 👌

The Challenge Cup is a pointless Diddy competition until your team makes it to the final and then it becomes great. Because you have a great chance of winning silverware and having a fun day out.

Always fondly look back on the years County won it.