The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 21/02/2022 at 00:42, TxRover said:

The current BoD  is tainted, like it or not. Any of them remain, and every time the Rovers get mentioned, the DG fiasco will be brought up. Just saying.

It will be brought up now and again but not constantly, I think. It will fade away at some stage.

Fucking horrific and frankly bizarre, good stuff
^verge of tears and seething that verdict is based on probability alone.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven’t read the court verdict.

I urge you to set-aside a couple of hours and read it.
If you still have the same opinion after reading it then there’s no hope for you.

On 26/02/2022 at 12:05, raith1974 said:

Just trying to make a point. 

Firstly as long as they don't play for us who fucking cares, is what I'm Reading.

Secondly violence against woman is acceptable as long as its not too violent.

Val spoke out to national media due to the signing of DG. Where is she now condoning violence of any kind against woman. Nicola Sturgeon spoke out in support of Val clearly not realising DG played and captained Clyde for 5 years.

I hardly think Val McDermid will be condoning violence against women, tbqhwy.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven’t read the court verdict.

I urge you to set-aside a couple of hours and read it.
If you still have the same opinion after reading it then there’s no hope for you.

A monkey could type the complete works of Shakespeare in the time it'll take him to read it.

19 hours ago, zicoromaines said:

Hopefully settles back in at clyde so there are no issues making it permanent in summer.Val must know more than most that we don’t have a pot of money to pay him off fully and send him on his way, this is as good as it gets right now but if she sells a few more books with her latest tweet them good for her 😕

sturgeon playing the remorse card I see. How many people here would admit to being a rapist and show remorse when you didn’t actually rape anyone? Plenty people forget his biggest crime that night might just be getting drunk and having sexual relations with a willing partner at the time who also had too much to drink

makes for better headlines and easier for the masses with their pitchforks to go with the balance of probability verdict meaning he is 100% guilty

bottom line is that nobody except him and robertson know the truth, not even her as she apparently can’t remember 

If she can't remember, how could she have been willing?

I note with interest that Falkirk have issued a 2,000 word statement today, providing an update on various activities to their support. 

Now there are plenty things that Falkirk do that we should be doing the exact opposite of, but that's one that the club should be emulating. If there's to be any kind of rebuilding of trust with the wider fanbase, there must be transparency and open communication. They've sacrificed the opportunity to take a "trust us" approach - any and all big decisions (and many smaller) ones really need to be spelled out for the foreseeable future. 

To be fair, John Sim has been fairly open in the past, he's done a handful of lengthy interviews at the beginning or end of seasons, but the whole board just going to ground on this issue and only sending out the manager to face questions is completely unacceptable. 

17 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I note with interest that Falkirk have issued a 2,000 word statement today, providing an update on various activities to their support. 

Now there are plenty things that Falkirk do that we should be doing the exact opposite of, but that's one that the club should be emulating. If there's to be any kind of rebuilding of trust with the wider fanbase, there must be transparency and open communication. They've sacrificed the opportunity to take a "trust us" approach - any and all big decisions (and many smaller) ones really need to be spelled out for the foreseeable future. 

To be fair, John Sim has been fairly open in the past, he's done a handful of lengthy interviews at the beginning or end of seasons, but the whole board just going to ground on this issue and only sending out the manager to face questions is completely unacceptable. 

I'm slightly surprised that anyone in Falkirk knows 2,000 words, never mind put them together in a coherent manner...

It’s taken me 2 hours to get home before when I was pished. f**k knows where I ended up as it’s a 20 minute walk at most.
The pub?
If she can't remember, how could she have been willing?
I think the judge said that it is possible for someone to give consent yet not have memory but in this case she was clearly unable to give consent and both defendants are rapists.

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looking forward to Saturday now. It's a funny old game... 

Let’s hope finally getting a win gets the monkey off our backs and the lads get a bit of confidence.  With everything that’s happened we badly needed one for everyone involved at RRFC.