The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As far as it goes it's about as good as it gets for Raith in the current situation. You'd imagine Clyde will have taken some of the hit with regards to wages. 

Likewise if you're Clyde and Goodwillie you're laughing, Clyde get 60k and his wages covered, Goodwillie gets a pay rise. 

What a utterly hideous situation all round. 

It will be interesting to see what the Raith fans reaction will be if their cash is still paying his wages.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We're paying his wages regardless. Whatever happened, he'd be entitled to his full contract which we (stupidly) offered him. 

Yeah, I understand that. Was there not a fair few on here who wouldn’t come back if they were contributing to his wages though?

All round this is probably the best way out of it for Raith. Instead of paying the rumoured £1400 a week for the next two and a half years or paying it off in full right now, you’ll probably only have to pay £400-£500 for the next 3 months and off he goes to Clyde permanently, presumably there won’t be much of a fee if any.

Still it makes the whole deal only costing £60-£80k rather than the potential £200k+.

Just now, PB1994 said:

Yeah, I understand that. Was there not a fair few on here who wouldn’t come back if they were contributing to his wages though?

All round this is probably the best way out of it for Raith. Instead of paying the rumoured £1400 a week for the next two and a half years or paying it off in full right now, you’ll probably only have to pay £400-£500 for the next 3 months and off he goes to Clyde permanently, presumably there won’t be much of a fee if any.

Still it makes the whole deal only costing £60-£80k rather than the potential £200k+.

I know a fair number of people who won't be back until the directors are gone. Most people like myself who said they'd not be back while he was at the club, came back after it was announced he'd not be training or about the squad. There's also still away fans who are skipping trips to Stark's Park. A few of the Partick fans last weekend chose not to make the trip and instead donated to Rape Crisis Scotland. 

7 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

The first meaningful part of putting this saga behind you

Waiting for the highly unlikely scenario of Clyde being shamed and pulling the plug on it, to fully compound the misery. 

I'm sure the overwhelming feeling right now for Raith fans is one of relief. 

It looks as if Goodwillie is away from your club and away for good. 

I don't really know why, maybe it's just the thought of Clyde getting him back plus whatever fee they received, but I feel uncomfortable about this particular twist. 

Not sure though is there was any 'better' way out of it for Raith Rovers though. 

What a sordid, grubby little world Scottish football is. 

Given that he is now away from the club, as one of those who was not willing to fund his wages, I am now happy to reinstate my contributions. This is probably as good a deal as we could've hoped for and lightens the expense considerably. 

It is weird the difference in reaction to having Goodwillie play for us or for Clyde. Whilst I would class us as the bigger club, there isn't a monumental difference in stature between the two. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Erm I'd imagine we are still paying a good portion if not all his wages. Wouldn't surprise me if we've begged Clyde to take him for free until the end of the season. 

Doubt it will be all his wages, but yes I'd imagine Clyde are paying him less than they were in January.

It's still absolutely scudding me that this was still even allowed to happen in the first place and I've only been half paying attention to the football results for the past few weeks because of it. It's also taken me away from this forum. And that's really made me sad - like great big hole has been been left in a part of my life. It's honestly like I've been dragging my heels after a big breakup, and the club (the ex in this metaphor) have now dumped the new shitehawk boyfriend, realised they've pissed our relationship up the wall and are begging for me to take them back saying "I'm sorry, I made a mistake, you're the only one for me and I realise that now". But I'm still not ready to come back, not yet, not fully...

But I probably will go back to them eventually cause I'm a sucker, they're the best I've ever had and I crave this weird masochistic relationship I have with them. I'll probably re-asses at the end of the season, this season is pretty much bust for me. 

Oh, and David Goodwillie can rot at Clyde for the rest of his miserable little career. Good riddance to the c**t. 

We were always going to be paying his wages one way or another. This might actually let us recoup something at least. The main things is that he’s out of our club and hopefully the report is right and he’s gone for good at the end of the season and we can forget him. 

Won’t forget the monumental f**k up those in charge at Rovers made of this though. The sooner they move on the better. Won’t be anytime soon, especially Sim, but hopefully in a few years time every single one of them will have nothing to do with Raith Rovers.

The good news for those asking is that Val McDermid has reacted. 

Bit weird the condemnation goes only to our board and nothing Clyde's way, but whatever. 

And no, I won't have forgotten about it. I am pleased it looks like we have a path to getting rid of him, but change is still needed at board level. 

Once again, the only winner here is David Goodwillie. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Waiting for the highly unlikely scenario of Clyde being shamed and pulling the plug on it, to fully compound the misery. 

Wouldn’t worry about that. Clyde’s capacity for feeling shame is precisely zero.

Yeah, I thought Val did a great job at the start of this issue and her voice certainly helped save us the site of seeing rapist on the pitch in a Raith Rovers shirt and I will always be grateful for that.

However, her recent comments do not cover herself in glory. The above comments seem like taking another opportunity to stick the boot to the board rather than a full and reasoned understanding of the situation.

That post and her previous ‘Val McDermid vs Raith Rovers, there was only going to be one winner’ are disappointing takes driven by ego rather than a sticking up for what was right as she did initially with a strong moral stance.