The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 hours ago, Raithie said:

Not sure we would. We've only broke the 2000 barrier three times this season (Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Kilmarnock). Even the Partick game that we won 3-2 didn't break 1800 so no idea why we'd suddenly be getting in excess of 2000 for this Saturday's game if the DG issue hadn't happened. 

15 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

And weather wasn’t a factor in that last game. I watched in shorts and t-shirt as we won 3-2. Beautiful weather.

It was on a Sunday though.

Obviously we'll never know.

But in September there was still requirement for social distancing and Covid probably a bigger issue than it is now. Also, it was a Sunday too but difficult to know if that had any effect.

We're now in the business end of the season and crowds had been steadily rising up until the Killie game, which was our last home game before the 500 capacity came in. We had 1900 at home against Ayr and Inverness in late October and 2400 against Killie.  

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

We’ll this has turned into a borefest..

Folk asking questions that nobody knows the answer to, so answers get made up in the vacuum, and taken as truth.

Rovers now destined for the lowland league.

Major f**k up, change will happen, but it needs to be managed through a proper process.

Taken a while but sense at last

Raith fans talking down the club 'shocker'...We are all doomed...Thinking its now time for the regular moaners to go off and peddle your 'doom and gloom' on a new 'Raith Rovers Conspiracy Theories' channel. Same guys posting the same stuff on Fantalk and repeating it here. Attention seeking and with 2+2 = 5 'it must be the truth' theories.  But as others are saying and I agree...its getting really boring now. I used to come in here multiple times a day, now its weekly and the same folks are positing the same stuff. You have made your point, we get it, its time for you to move on. Would be nice to talk about football again.

Dont like the situation we are in then talk direct to the club or walk away, dont keep banging on and posting the same stuff again and again in multiple chats unless you genuinely aim for the club to close and fail. And if you really have concerns about the financial situation put your hands in your pocket and do something constructive and positive. Buy out the directors and get a seat on the board and bring about the change we all know now has to happen.

See you all in a week when I call back to see if the conversation has moved on.

Edited by Stop moaning

14 hours ago, raith1974 said:

You are assuming Raith Rovers paid the transfer fee, I heard that an outside source paid this. You are also assuming that we will pay off his entire contract, I think you may find that a deal will be agreed between both parties.

Well we are going to have a very angry outside source then, aren't we? What a waste of money and of course there would be no chance said outside source will want compensated by the club since they have chosen to try and pay Goodwillie off and they'd have been as well setting the £50k or whatever on fire. 

A worse proposition for an outside party than the signing of Rudi Skacel. It seems fanciful, I have to say. But then, if our board could grow a pair and actually address this matter rather than continuing to ignore it almost a month later, maybe we wouldn't be resorting to rumour and hearsay. 

4 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Obviously we'll never know.

But in September there was still requirement for social distancing and Covid probably a bigger issue than it is now. Also, it was a Sunday too but difficult to know if that had any effect.

We're now in the business end of the season and crowds had been steadily rising up until the Killie game, which was our last home game before the 500 capacity came in. We had 1900 at home against Ayr and Inverness in late October and 2400 against Killie.  

1600 against Ayr. Down about 300 from the previous game against ICT. 

Edited by Raithie

2 hours ago, Stop moaning said:

I used to come in here multiple times a day, now its weekly and the same folks are positing the same stuff…See you all in a week when I call back to see if the conversation has moved on.

Coming from a first time poster, seems unlikely…unless…yes, it’s time for another round of…

Guess the previously banned poster!

2 hours ago, Stop moaning said:

Raith fans talking down the club 'shocker'...We are all doomed...Thinking its now time for the regular moaners to go off and peddle your 'doom and gloom' on a new 'Raith Rovers Conspiracy Theories' channel. Same guys posting the same stuff on Fantalk and repeating it here. Attention seeking and with 2+2 = 5 'it must be the truth' theories.  But as others are saying and I agree...its getting really boring now. I used to come in here multiple times a day, now its weekly and the same folks are positing the same stuff. You have made your point, we get it, its time for you to move on. Would be nice to talk about football again.

Dont like the situation we are in then talk direct to the club or walk away, dont keep banging on and posting the same stuff again and again in multiple chats unless you genuinely aim for the club to close and fail. And if you really have concerns about the financial situation put your hands in your pocket and do something constructive and positive. Buy out the directors and get a seat on the board and bring about the change we all know now has to happen.

See you all in a week when I call back to see if the conversation has moved on.

So we've to shut up or buy out the club? 😂

I obviously want the club to survive, but this conflicts with me not wanting to contribute to the wages of Goodwillie. 

I can't afford to buy the club so should I just walk away for good?

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

So we've to shut up or buy out the club? 😂

I obviously want the club to survive, but this conflicts with me not wanting to contribute to the wages of Goodwillie. 

I can't afford to buy the club so should I just walk away for good?

Similar

I dont want to contribute to DG wages either but I will be going back tomorrow to support the team on the pitch

I think we need to get away from the whole ‘I don’t want to contribute to DGW’s wages’ stuff. The reality is that if you’ve put any sort of money into the clubs coffers in the last year then you probably will have contributed to his wages in some way, like it or not. 

Continuing to go to games and put your hand in your pocket will only help to strengthen the club once we get out of this mess. The alternative is far worse.

This episode won't be anywhere near as damaging to the club as some fear, IMO.  The immediate sting has been taken out by DG not being made available for selection and by some form of apology.  The media don't care anymore, and the wider public will or are losing interest.  Granted, some fans have and may still stay away, but the club were able to clear 1k fans in the immediate aftermath of the incident, I don't see a terminal drop in season  ticket revenue etc to the extent that we tumble down the leagues.

That's not to say its not be a total stain on the club, but it's something the club will recover from.

25 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

This episode won't be anywhere near as damaging to the club as some fear, IMO.  The immediate sting has been taken out by DG not being made available for selection and by some form of apology.  The media don't care anymore, and the wider public will or are losing interest.  Granted, some fans have and may still stay away, but the club were able to clear 1k fans in the immediate aftermath of the incident, I don't see a terminal drop in season  ticket revenue etc to the extent that we tumble down the leagues.

That's not to say its not be a total stain on the club, but it's something the club will recover from.

Hope so, genuinely do.

I think the reality of the impact will be felt when it comes to season ticket renewal and getting sponsors in for next year. I've got to admit I'm not hugely fussed about manager/board change depending on the outcome of the contract settlement with Goodwillie but it needs to be settled and I need to be comfortable with how its being funded before I start donating and contributing to things again. Thats my choice and mine alone, not really fussed if others see it the same or not and the club won't live or die on the back of it.

Others might be fine already, some might be demanding board/ manager change, some might never return I don't know. I don't think the episode will have resulted in anyone who didn't support or contribute before now wanting to.

Given we weren't rolling in it before, I'm not surprised some are predicting a bleak future. Telling them to shut up or walk away won't make that future for the club any brighter.

On the shirt sponsor I've heard that Val put in £15K for that, no idea about the stand, I've also heard that the Dean Park are waiting to take over as shirt sponsors.

Now I'm definately not ITK but I rekon this isn't a great deal away from the truth.

I’d agree with this. It’s a huge setback but quite clearly we aren’t staring down the barrel of the Lowland League.

We’re a club that peaks and troughs. At this stage the smart money would be on us having peaked, and we’ll now dip towards the bottom end of the Championship and maybe League One again.

Joy.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

With attention being diverted by the war etc, you could stick him on the bench tomorrow and see how that goes.

47 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

On the shirt sponsor I've heard that Val put in £15K for that, no idea about the stand, I've also heard that the Dean Park are waiting to take over as shirt sponsors.

Now I'm definately not ITK but I rekon this isn't a great deal away from the truth.

Having recently been to a wedding there that's probably about the price of one round, so probably right enough. 

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

I've also heard that the Dean Park Hotel are taking over the sponsorship of the strip and the stand. The owner is a very rich individual.