The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

On the shirt sponsor I've heard that Val put in £15K for that, no idea about the stand, I've also heard that the Dean Park are waiting to take over as shirt sponsors.

Now I'm definately not ITK but I rekon this isn't a great deal away from the truth.

I too heard there was a willing sponsor (maybe was Colin Smart) waiting to step in, but surely the idea is to have a bit of competition or better still extra sponsors, not piss off those that have bailed out in the past and alienate them going forward.

Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Paco said:

I’d agree with this. It’s a huge setback but quite clearly we aren’t staring down the barrel of the Lowland League.

We’re a club that peaks and troughs. At this stage the smart money would be on us having peaked, and we’ll now dip towards the bottom end of the Championship and maybe League One again.

Joy.

Was that really a peak?

My feeling is we were still building up and the DG situation has taken all the impetus away.

5 years of good work, feels like we have destroyed a great deal of the groundwork  that took so many so long to set up, and that's what annoys me most, as it was all so foreseeably unnecessary .

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Was that really a peak?

My feeling is we were still building up and the DG situation has taken all the impetus away.

5 years of good work, feels like we have destroyed a great deal of the groundwork  that took so many so long to set up, and that's what annoys me most, as it was all so foreseeably unnecessary .

It did feel like we could maybe push on and get to the top league, but again one stupid decision and we’re  in jeopardy again.

Hopefully that isn’t the case, but it doesn’t help when we’ve sown division among the few fans we have. You can’t really have that. We need a few wins to get fans feeling better about the club again.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

With the recent up roar on hear why has no one posted about Ryan Porteous. Charged for assaulting a woman and reported to the PF???

I’m going to suggest it’s down to two things. 

A- We haven’t just signed Ryan Porteous 

B-Striking a woman with a plastic cup is pretty poor behaviour, but it’s a fair bit away from rape. 

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

With the recent up roar on hear why has no one posted about Ryan Porteous. Charged for assaulting a woman and reported to the PF???

(Checks thread title) yup definitely says “The New Raith Rovers Thread”

Yup absolutely amazing that no one on the Raith Rovers thread is talking about an incident involving a player who doesn’t play for Raith, isn’t linked with Raith, has never been at Raith and is in absolutely no way connected to our club……..shocker!

Try here perhaps they’ll be discussing it. 

Just trying to make a point. 

Firstly as long as they don't play for us who fucking cares, is what I'm Reading.

Secondly violence against woman is acceptable as long as its not too violent.

Val spoke out to national media due to the signing of DG. Where is she now condoning violence of any kind against woman. Nicola Sturgeon spoke out in support of Val clearly not realising DG played and captained Clyde for 5 years.

Came on this for the first time in weeks to see what people were saying about today's game. Can't believe you's are still whinging about the Goodwillie situation. Alot of you need to find some hobbies and move on. Bunch of losers 

You realise football is our hobby?

35 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

Came on this for the first time in weeks to see what people were saying about today's game. Can't believe you's are still whinging about the Goodwillie situation. Alot of you need to find some hobbies and move on. Bunch of losers 

There's a thread running about todays game... 

Well do as everyone else has done and go to the match thread. Jog on. Toodle pip.

If we can't win at least one of our next two matches McGlynn should be sacked.
12 matches without a win in this league of utter trash would be inexcusable. 

I see your point and he does seem to have stuck with the same system that hasn’t produced the results we have hoped, but is unlikely that the board will sack him when it is more than likely he will walk in the summer and we are still technically, still in a playoff position. They are due to discuss his contract after 3/4 of the season so we will find out what is happening in the next few weeks.

40 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I see your point and he does seem to have stuck with the same system that hasn’t produced the results we have hoped, but is unlikely that the board will sack him when it is more than likely he will walk in the summer and we are still technically, still in a playoff position. They are due to discuss his contract after 3/4 of the season so we will find out what is happening in the next few weeks.

I'm just fed up with him since the Goodwillie thing. I can't even be bothered listening to his interviews now.