The New Raith Rovers Thread

59 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I keep saying it but if someone lost £300,000 for Sim, Sinton or McDonald's company they'd be gone the same day! 

Given that the directors are probably better described as unpaid volunteers that try to carry out Sims plans, I don't think its helpful to wish them gone.

14 minutes ago, expatowner said:

Given that the directors are probably better described as unpaid volunteers that try to carry out Sims plans, I don't think its helpful to wish them gone.

So they can do what they like completely without sanction? 

In any case I'm on record saying I don't want them all out, but there needs to be change and that means if not all, then at least some have to go. 

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We won't know the true figure publicly until the accounts are published for this period. It's safe to assume based on what we have heard that the fee for goodwilllie is 50k+ and that his wage is over 1k a week before any bonuses. 2.5 year deal and there's the 200k loss to club funds. 10k a year for shirt sponsorship at this level is probably below the actual figure as well. Take in loss of match day sponsorhsip, tag pulling out which will probably mean the match day app, loss of streaming, loss of the players fund, walk ups for home games which also result in less money spent in the club shop etc. Like I said though, we won't know the true figure until the accounts are published for this time.

I'm not sure why anyone would even attempt to defend a big loss is going to happen unless they're just trolling. I don't think it will result in us doing a Brechin, but there's a significant loss going to happen through it all.

Who's defending a big loss? I'm just looking for the facts this situation isn't being helped by folk picking figures out of fresh air wether that's financial or not.

52 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

£60k transfer fee to Clyde and 134 weeks wages at £1k/week, that for starters and not including lost revenue from lower gates, less hospitality, huge drop in lotto and supporters fund.  Losses won't be a kick on the arse of £250k this season alone. 

Add all those drops in revenue to the lost shirt and stand revenues and we could see as much as £100k wiped out of next seasons budget. If only 100 fans decide not to renew season tickets there's £30,000 out straight away. 

You are assuming Raith Rovers paid the transfer fee, I heard that an outside source paid this. You are also assuming that we will pay off his entire contract, I think you may find that a deal will be agreed between both parties.

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You are assuming Raith Rovers paid the transfer fee, I heard that an outside source paid this. You are also assuming that we will pay off his entire contract, I think you may find that a deal will be agreed between both parties.

Hopefully that will be the case, but whether somebody else paid it and even if we reach agreement to pay half to DG it's still a whack of dosh that could have been spent improving the team and its still a large amount of money we stand to lose in knock-on losses, some already gone and some potentially. 

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would Goodwillie agree to a deal? He's most likely not going to get another SPFL contract now.

This. Anyone in his position has a fair argument to take nothing less than his full wages for his full contract. He was brought in for that, so he should expect that. 

Based upon older financial statements, the stand sponsorship was at least £10,000 per annum, as were each of the home and away shirt sponsorships. A very conservative £30,000 on that alone, but a more comprehensive calculation totals up at least £200,000 this year alone before the compounded losses are considered.
£10,000 to sponsor a championship club who reached the payoffs last season. f**k me what a fantastic deal...... For the sponsor.

10k stand sponsorship, 20k for shirt sponsorship seems a bargain basement  price, 
But all these figures are just pure speculation and conjecture till someone comes along with concrete proof of what this will cost us or there are detailed accounts published at the end of the next accounting period (May?)

That sounds far too low. I remember the season they sold tickets for the home shirt sponsorship. I'm sure the tickets came to £20k and that was year's ago.

58 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
4 hours ago, TxRover said:
Based upon older financial statements, the stand sponsorship was at least £10,000 per annum, as were each of the home and away shirt sponsorships. A very conservative £30,000 on that alone, but a more comprehensive calculation totals up at least £200,000 this year alone before the compounded losses are considered.

£10,000 to sponsor a championship club who reached the payoffs last season. f**k me what a fantastic deal...... For the sponsor.

55 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:
10k stand sponsorship, 20k for shirt sponsorship seems a bargain basement  price, 
But all these figures are just pure speculation and conjecture till someone comes along with concrete proof of what this will cost us or there are detailed accounts published at the end of the next accounting period (May?)

That sounds far too low. I remember the season they sold tickets for the home shirt sponsorship. I'm sure the tickets came to £20k and that was year's ago.

“at least”