The New Raith Rovers Thread

Nearly 25 to be accurate. Must be lovely to be a one team town.  On a more serious note, I hope Tom Lang recovers well from his hideous injury and fights his way back into your first team.  You got a good one there.
You seem to be the sensable Clyde fan lol. I live in Cumbernauld and can walk to Broadwood. I've seen the colts a few times over the years. Would I ever watch Clyde. Sorry to say no, just because of David Goodwille. Hence the reason I've not returned to starks Park this season.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
5 minutes ago, JBJ said:
Nearly 25 to be accurate. Must be lovely to be a one team town.  On a more serious note, I hope Tom Lang recovers well from his hideous injury and fights his way back into your first team.  You got a good one there.

You seem to be the sensable Clyde fan lol. I live in Cumbernauld and can walk to Broadwood. I've seen the volts a few times over the years. Would I ever watch Clyde. Sorry to say no just because is David Goodwille. Hence the reason I've not returned to starks Park this season.

Entirely your decision. A shame as we were playing some lovely high pressing football in our promotion season. 

48 minutes ago, JBJ said:

That’s an assumption that Clyde decided to sell their best player, and upset almost every Clyde supporter and that the club was not approached with a formal enquiry for the player.

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

You think I’m raging? Not even close. He served us well and professionally for 5 seasons and like most Clyde supporters we were ok with him moving on. 

40 minutes is a long time on pie and Bovril!

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think most will choose (rightfully so) to believe the board member that actually knows what happened over some random on a fans forum.

As has been said, the person who resigned had absolutely no reason to lie about such a thing and it makes quite a bit of sense that Goodwillie was only using Clyde as a stop gap until he got another shot at full time football.

Yep,a board member who had a vote on the signing at the board meet  yet claimed not to know who from Clyde contacted the Rovers or who at the Rovers they contacted

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Yep,a board member who had a vote on the signing at the board meet  yet claimed not to know who from Clyde contacted the Rovers or who at the Rovers they contacted

Maybe that’s because no-one at Clyde initiated this by contacting anyone at the Rovers? Just a theory.

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

A lot of folk have appeared on this thread over the past few weeks. Some have been genuinely compassionate and insightful, some have been on the wind-up, and some have been downright disgraceful, but nobody has been this interminably boring. 

X

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Surely the winners are Clyde fans who can go back to supporting their club now they no longer employ an unapologetic rapist?

Yes, the gates will swell by 50 I guess.

Clyde may well have contacted Raith at the end of the transfer window, especially if Goodwillie asked to leave. However, would be extremely surprised if it is because we are in need of cash - as I understand it, we started the season with comfortably the best financial position the club has been in for years and finished last season with more cash in the bank than any other year this century (more than double of any other year during that period).

If we have managed to f**k up finances from that position, to the extent where we needed to sell Goodwillie then we should be panicked. But as I said this is why I do not think we have reached out to Raith as we needed the money.

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

Maybe Ms McDermid could introduce you to her literary agent. Surely an approach in December to the player or his employers would be illegal given it was out-with the January transfer window?

Someone doesn't know how the transfer window works then.

You can approach a club at any time, and indeed many deals are done outwith the transfer window. The player then moves once the window opens - it is a registration window, not a talking window. 

You may be getting confused with not being able to speak to a player without his club's permission before the last 6 months of his contract, but this wasn't the case here.

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Someone doesn't know how the transfer window works then.

You can approach a club at any time, and indeed many deals are done outwith the transfer window. The player then moves once the window opens - it is a registration window, not a talking window. 

You may be getting confused with not being able to speak to a player without his club's permission before the last 6 months of his contract, but this wasn't the case here.

Then I humbly apologise.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Accepted with good grace.

Thanks. 

Just to learn more..... would it be ok for interested Club to approach the target player directly, out-with the transfer window. 

9 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Thanks. 

Just to learn more..... would it be ok for interested Club to approach the target player directly, out-with the transfer window. 

See Annex 1:

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 01-Feb-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf