The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

It’s not a point, it’s a theory. 
Under the assumption that money is a problem at Clyde currently and that the top scorer in Scotland is depreciating in value so quickly that Clyde decide to offer him for sale to potential buyers.

How did I get myself into this? I don't care.

It was all Raith, Clyde are great. Theryar!

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Arguing over who phoned who first seems to be a strange thing to get your knickers in a twist.

Club officials who all know each other have conversations shock!

It's not much of a headline.

It seems fairly important to people here that were the ones offering the player.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How did I get myself into this? I don't care.

It was all Raith, Clyde are great. Theryar!

Now you’re talking, have a lovely evening 

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

And they may well and mostly did not

Surely Clyde are aware of what our former director has said as well as the frustration amongst their fans at selling their best player. Would it not then make sense for Clyde to say something along the lines of 'we never approached Raith, it was the other way around, DG wanted to leave so we reluctantly accepted the best deal we could get'? Unless they have and I missed it. 

And they may well and mostly did not. 

I think most will choose (rightfully so) to believe the board member that actually knows what happened over some random on a fans forum.

As has been said, the person who resigned had absolutely no reason to lie about such a thing and it makes quite a bit of sense that Goodwillie was only using Clyde as a stop gap until he got another shot at full time football.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I think most will choose (rightfully so) to believe the board member that actually knows what happened over some random on a fans forum.

As has been said, the person who resigned had absolutely no reason to lie about such a thing and it makes quite a bit of sense that Goodwillie was only using Clyde as a stop gap until he got another shot at full time football.

Clearly that’s what’s happening. 

A nearly 5 season stopgap.

from one “random” on a fans forum to another 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Congratulations, its taken you a long time to find this thread, nice of you to come along and stir the pot once more

Apologies if I’ve upset you. But some of the stuff on here being taken as fact was mind blowing.

The whole situation is massively upsetting for everyone involved. No winners.

4 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, JBJ said:
Someone else making wild assumptions on Clyde’s finances. They rent the stadium and a new pitch laid recently- no surprise bills on the way.

The pitch is laid by the Colts. Clyde are by far the second team at that ground.

Yes it was. 

1 minute ago, Harry Haddock said:

The pitch laid by the Colts was ripped up and replaced.

In fact the Colts were almost evicted a couple of seasons ago.

It was the Colts who organised the most recent one Harry

Clearly that’s what’s happening. 

A nearly 5 season stopgap.

from one “random” on a fans forum to another 

It took five years for a team being stupid and ignorant enough to actually sign him. There have been teams before that have had discussions but at the last minute decided against it due to the risks attached.

I don’t think Goodwillie ever planned on being at Clyde for as long as he was. Clearly thought a full time team would take the hit long before now.

The pitch laid by the Colts was ripped up and replaced.
In fact the Colts were almost evicted a couple of seasons ago.
Yer talking crap. Clyde have nothing except a first team. That's because they are desperate to go anywhere, east Kilbride, Rutherglen Glencairn, even Shettleston Utd. Jog off back to your own thread. They have no presence in a town that have welcomed then for 20 years.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It took five years for a team being stupid and ignorant enough to actually sign him. There have been teams before that have had discussions but at the last minute decided against it due to the risks attached.

I don’t think Goodwillie ever planned on being at Clyde for as long as he was. Clearly thought a full time team would take the hit long before now.

Oh yes clearly. 

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Yer talking crap. Clyde have nothing except a first team. That's because they are desperate to go anywhere, east Kilbride, Rutherglen Glencairn, even Shettleston Utd. Jog off back to your own thread. They have no presence in a town that have welcomed then for 20 years.

Nearly 25 to be accurate. Must be lovely to be a one team town.  On a more serious note, I hope Tom Lang recovers well from his hideous injury and fights his way back into your first team.  You got a good one there.

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Nearly 25 to be accurate. Must be lovely to be a one team town.  On a more serious note, I hope Tom Lang recovers well from his hideous injury and fights his way back into your first team.  You got a good one there.

I’ve heard Lang was offered to us too.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Someone’s raging that even a rapist didn’t want to play for his team anymore.

You think I’m raging? Not even close. He served us well and professionally for 5 seasons and like most Clyde supporters we were ok with him moving on.