The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Raith are playing a dangerous game in banning Goodwillie training facilities.Could end up paying him more than his wages.Or is he officially on gardening leave?

You're going to have to explain this one please.

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Not seen a single name mentioned that IMO would be as good never mind better than what we already have.

Yes we are struggling just now, and although he has to take his share is it all McGlynn's fault?  There has been some hefty injuries that have put a massive spoke in the wheel for us. Where I think he certainly is culpable is in aspects of his tac-tics. Overplaying the ball is an issue (for me at least), not putting Poplatnik or preferably Varian is the biggest one though. Earlier in the season folks were shouting about Varian's lack of goals but were were winning, since Gullan replaced him he've lost something. In the early part of the season we were better with Varian for an hour then Poplatnik coming on, hopefully the change made at half-time yesterday was the penny finally dropping with McGlynn on Gullan not being the main striker. I'd still back him to get us back on track.

As it's not only a game said "be careful what you wish for" when was the last time (how many managers ago since) the Pars, Qots, Ayr, Inverness, Hamilton, Morton (pre-DI), Arbroath (Pre -DC), Partick (Pre Jobby McCall) and most pertinently us before John McGlynn had a manager that was any good?  In other words there's obviously far more shite out there than diamonds, Ok so maybe he is a flawed gem but he's miles better than any of the lumps coal mentioned so far.

Well. Archibald did take us up and keep us there a while.

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
3 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:
Simple.Constructive dismissal.

This is just something you've heard of, eh? You don't think it applies here, do you?

It’ll be interesting -from the angle of morbid fascination - to see what happens.

The club signed Goodwillie, even though they were aware of his background. Now the club are preventing him from playing football or training. That doesn’t sound very fair.

Edited by Scary Bear

On pitch things will only improve when Brad Spencer returns. It's no coincidence that our poor form is during his period out of the team. He adds balance in midfield, picks the ball up deep and has a creative edge to him. Him and Stanton should be a very good pairing. We also need to drop Ethan Ross and Jamie Gullan and go with the Zanatta, Connolly and Varian.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Bloody hope so but if he persists with Gullan up front again on Saturday then I think the end is near. 

I was sitting watching it yesterday wondering how McGlynn couldn't see that it doesn't work. 

We know he's stubborn but sticking with it against Thistle would be taking the piss.

22 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I was sitting watching it yesterday wondering how McGlynn couldn't see that it doesn't work. 

We know he's stubborn but sticking with it against Thistle would be taking the piss.

I was never a Mcglynn fanatic but I certainly wouldn't take any pleasure in seeing his reign end on a sour note.

Yes we have had the usual injuries which haven't helped but he really needs to help himself here whether it's the tactics, lineups or the frustrating slow build up .