The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Bloody hope so but if he persists with Gullan up front again on Saturday then I think the end is near. 

53 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I was sitting watching it yesterday wondering how McGlynn couldn't see that it doesn't work. 

We know he's stubborn but sticking with it against Thistle would be taking the piss.

Yes, I said whenever the team was anounced, Gullan WTF. McGlynn took him off at half time, so maybe that's an indication that the penny's dropped.

22 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Hardly sacrificed on the alter of expediency, his results and style of play have been honking for months, as for Smith ...... no thanks him and his Mrs should disappear into the sunset at the same time

Berra could be a good shout, Steven Glass another, also Jack Ross, 

Ferguson and McPake you can put straight in the bin

cant disagree with any of the above, i would like the current board to stay as a lot of good work has been done in 

last 3 / 4 years , those that left , leave them out  & get a few new members in, it wont be easy but it never is at Rovers

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It’ll be interesting -from the angle of morbid fascination - to see what happens.

The club signed Goodwillie, even though they were aware of his background. Now the club are preventing him from playing football or training. That doesn’t sound very fair.

The Club is not preventing DG from training, just from training with them. The Club is not required to play a signed player, unlike the EPL selection provisions. He’s getting paid. 

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The Club is not preventing DG from training, just from training with them. The Club is not required to play a signed player, unlike the EPL selection provisions. He’s getting paid. 

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes all the difference. 

cant disagree with any of the above, i would like the current board to stay as a lot of good work has been done in 
last 3 / 4 years , those that left , leave them out  & get a few new members in, it wont be easy but it never is at Rovers
The same board have cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds. This isn't just the cost of goodwilies contract, it's sponsorship in many forms, loss of match day revenue even if it is only 200-300 fans not turning up and all the rest of it. Raith TV didn't stream a game. People like tx have cancelled that sub based on it all. The list is long on lost revenue.

For all the good they have done, they undone most of it by signing a rapist and expecting people to just accept it.

Really don’t get this ‘The Board have done a great job’ mentality. They’ve trashed the club’s reputation, lost us a chunk of our fanbase, cost us thousands of pounds, lost us a sponsor who regardless of whether you like her or not brought significant money and positive publicity and lost our whole women and girls section (who show no sign of coming back). All with a decision that all but the blinkered knew was a car crash and was entirely avoidable. It’s like saying Gary Locke was a great manager because we started the season well under him. 

13 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Wild.

Just seen this.

A wild notion indeed, the reverse (at least some of it) is clearly the requirement.

So @Winsalot you'd advocate the ones the fans have most in common with not returning and the ones that cost the club reputation, money (£1/4M and rising), fans and volunteers staying. That only begs one question, which one of the 4 or relation of are you?

For the good of the club going forward there should at the very least be a couple of them falling on their sword and begging Clark & Mill to return, then bring in new blood.

41 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Really don’t get this ‘The Board have done a great job’ mentality. They’ve trashed the club’s reputation, lost us a chunk of our fanbase, cost us thousands of pounds, lost us a sponsor who regardless of whether you like her or not brought significant money and positive publicity and lost our whole women and girls section (who show no sign of coming back). All with a decision that all but the blinkered knew was a car crash and was entirely avoidable. It’s like saying Gary Locke was a great manager because we started the season well under him. 

And I don't particularly but you are spot on, VD (unfortunate initials that 😅 ) has been there for the club in the past and put her hand in her purse on a few occasion, she was shirt, stand and programme sponsor and would likely have continued to have done so, to dismiss her as someone who could easily be replaced is beyond naivety its plain and simple stupidity. Then you have the bad publicity, VD has sold over 17,000,000 books and has nearly 90,000 followers on twitter compared to 22,000 the Rovers have. In what universe did they think this was going to blow over and leave them looking even half competent?

JP Barnum said there is no such thing as bad publicity, the BoD believed it then spectacularly proved it false, the increase in Rovers Twitter followers can only be put down to them being the same type of ghouls that crowd around accidents and disasters trying to glimpse the corpses.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

And I don't particularly but you are spot on, VD (unfortunate initials that 😅 ) has been there for the club in the past and put her hand in her purse on a few occasion, she was shirt, stand and programme sponsor and would likely have continued to have done so, to dismiss her as someone who could easily be replaced is beyond naivety its plain and simple stupidity. Then you have the bad publicity, VD has sold over 17,000,000 books and has nearly 90,000 followers on twitter compared to 22,000 the Rovers have. In what universe did they think this was going to blow over and leave them looking even half competent?

JP Barnum said there is no such thing as bad publicity, the BoD believed it then spectacularly proved it false, the increase in Rovers Twitter followers can only be put down to them being the same type of ghouls that crowd around accidents and disasters trying to glimpse the corpses.

VD? VM surely.

From the last statement.

"We fully understand and respect such actions, but it is our hope, and sincere wish, that as we strive to  rebuild and repair the trust and relationships within the Rovers family, that they will return to the club."

I learned over the weekend that as of Friday they were still to reach out to the former Raith ladies team, surely as part of good bridge building PR this would have been fairly high priority no?

Perhaps they no longer see woman's football as Part of RRFC and the Rovers family.

Disappointing if not unsurprising.

Enough of the faceless apologies, time now to front up publicly. All of the BoD need to appear in public with their knives and forks and eat humble pie until they are GENUINELY as sick as they have made most of us feel. And if two or three of them tender their resignations at the same time so much the better.

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Whole women a d girls section? Plenty of women and girls at parkhead last week.

I still want to know why the CEO is still at the club, after lying to V. McD saying we had no intention of signing DG to then passing on to John Sim that Clyde had got in touch, why did she pass it on to Sim intead of telling Clyde where to go, I also recall McGlynn saying in his interview he didn't want to hang anyone out to dry, just who was he refering to

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I still want to know why the CEO is still at the club, after lying to V. McD saying we had no intention of signing DG to then passing on to John Sim that Clyde had got in touch, why did she pass it on to Sim intead of telling Clyde where to go, I also recall McGlynn saying in his interview he didn't want to hang anyone out to dry, just who was he refering to

Difficult position for Ms MacCartney, on the one hand she's employed as CEO to do the best for her employer but she also (likely) wants to keep her husband happy and so pushes through with something that keeps both Smith and Sim happy. Unfortunately in doing so operates in way that is a complete dereliction of her duty, her remit is to do what is right for the football club and she clearly hasn't.

Looks as though she's either massively out of her depth or just plain incompetent, either way you're right she's hugely complicit in this whole fiasco and needs to go.

What I've heard through the grapevine, is that when McCartney spoke to Val, we genuinely weren't chasing Goodwillie at that point. We had another transfer target who opted to move to another club instead of us. We then went in for Goodwillie when Clyde offered him.

That still doesn't negate that Val, and plenty of others, had objections before and after the deal. Objections which our board and CEO chose to ignore until a few days after we already descended into a complete clusterfuck.

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

From the last statement.

"We fully understand and respect such actions, but it is our hope, and sincere wish, that as we strive to  rebuild and repair the trust and relationships within the Rovers family, that they will return to the club."

I learned over the weekend that as of Friday they were still to reach out to the former Raith ladies team, surely as part of good bridge building PR this would have been fairly high priority no?

Perhaps they no longer see woman's football as Part of RRFC and the Rovers family.

Disappointing if not unsurprising.

Enough of the faceless apologies, time now to front up publicly. All of the BoD need to appear in public with their knives and forks and eat humble pie until they are GENUINELY as sick as they have made most of us feel. And if two or three of them tender their resignations at the same time so much the better.

Jesus wept, no outreach at all? It just makes the coming clear out more comprehensive, if done, and less effective if they try to save a few parties. As I’ve noted elsewhere, as long as JMcG is the face of the Club, this fiasco will be mentioned with every appearance for several years, which is why he has to go, regardless of other considerations. The BoD hung him out to dry with that horrible statement/interview, and all deserve hanging for that alone since they have cowered in hiding since.