The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we punted John McGlynn to bring in McPake, a man who fluked second place with a Dundee team who had a far higher budget than us last season, then I'd really be wondering what the f**k we'd be doing. He's an absolute fraud of a manager who should be nowhere near our level. He got promoted by signing as many players as he could who had won the Championship before and hoped that it stuck. 

Results really do need to pick up and I'd be surprised if we find our way into the playoffs. 

No idea who would replace McGlynn, but pretty convinced he’ll not be here next year. Sadly his role in the Goodwillie nonsense burnt any credit he had in the bank with a lot of fans. And even those who don’t care about that seem to be losing patience because of this absolutely shite run we’re on.

Don’t trust the current board to make a decent decision so we could easily face another Locke scenario.

4 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The only hope I see in your suggestion is Paul Smith, due to the success the team had when John was laid up early in the season.

That said, I reckon they are a package and if one goes they both go.

Smudger stayed under the radar in this. Go to him and ask him to take over until June and then he and his misses will be free to seek other work. Optionally, if he wishes to follow JMcG, his misses can find another job now.

Not seen a single name mentioned that IMO would be as good never mind better than what we already have.

Yes we are struggling just now, and although he has to take his share is it all McGlynn's fault?  There has been some hefty injuries that have put a massive spoke in the wheel for us. Where I think he certainly is culpable is in aspects of his tac-tics. Overplaying the ball is an issue (for me at least), not putting Poplatnik or preferably Varian is the biggest one though. Earlier in the season folks were shouting about Varian's lack of goals but were were winning, since Gullan replaced him he've lost something. In the early part of the season we were better with Varian for an hour then Poplatnik coming on, hopefully the change made at half-time yesterday was the penny finally dropping with McGlynn on Gullan not being the main striker. I'd still back him to get us back on track.

As it's not only a game said "be careful what you wish for" when was the last time (how many managers ago since) the Pars, Qots, Ayr, Inverness, Hamilton, Morton (pre-DI), Arbroath (Pre -DC), Partick (Pre Jobby McCall) and most pertinently us before John McGlynn had a manager that was any good?  In other words there's obviously far more shite out there than diamonds, Ok so maybe he is a flawed gem but he's miles better than any of the lumps coal mentioned so far.

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Really get in board. If McGlynn goes, appoint a woman as coach.

Aye, it would be perfect justice for this gang on here who are showing their contempt for the club and everything MvGlynn has done to have Val as manager.

Edited by Raith_Raver