The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ultimately we rovers fans support the club regardless of who owns it or manages the team. People have their own line in the sand for going back or not. 

Realistically change will be a long time coming and a lot of compromise will be needed and expectations need to be managed.  

Other fans can put the boot in that's their perogative and we do deserve it. Their motivation for kicking the arse out of it is down to them.

The raithtv guys stood up for whatbthey felt was right so that gives you an idea on their moral compass for those questioning the return to their unpaid roles.

2 hours ago, Binos said:

Surely your previous masterton led board was also extremely morally bankrupt

Was Leishman not on the Masterton board? Does he not still have some official role at the club? Shocking that any Pars fans have returned imo.

2 hours ago, Bucuresti Par said:

Some pretty petty stuff getting posted on here now which is a shame. There was a lot of togetherness and genuine empathy correctly shown for Rovers fans two weeks ago, that shouldn't disappear now either. It's never that simple to change ownership. A lot of fans of other clubs (including mine) will have had morally bankrupt owners they have tried to get rid of, albeit not in such extreme circumstances. It would be more useful to continue to stand together and work for positive change across Scottish football. 

In a way it's bit of a relief that we're returning to a bit of rivalry for rivalry sake.

But very well said. This episode has brought into very sharp focus a lot of morally questionable things that clubs are willing to stomach for a bit of on field success. Now that the seal is broken, I do hope that a lot of other behaviour from Players, Managers, Board Members and Owners is questioned by fans of Scottish Football clubs. The "fit and proper" test could easily be policed by fans, this case is proof of that.

We are the real custodians of the game after all.. 

Edited by Double Jack D

34 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Was Leishman not on the Masterton board? Does he not still have some official role at the club? Shocking that any Pars fans have returned imo.

He does, various members of our board had various roles during the Masterton era aswell. 

Our current chairman for example paid for the Norrie poster twice, due to Masterton pocketing the cash the first time, then you had the bizarre situation where staff members would be released then Masterton would ask the BoD for cash once the deed was done. 

Much like how Rovers fans talk about Sim though, it seemed that due to our reliance on Masterton, that once he left we'd be done, and it seemed impossible to try and seperate him from the club, in the end it took near financial ruin and a trip down to league one for a few years for him to leave, some laugh. 

I'm not for a second saying he's going to leave you in half as bad a state, but being a position where Sim can do what he's done and quite frankly, Rovers fans can do nothing about it can lead him to make similarly ridiculous decisions in the future. 

With regards to Leishman he was one of the original directors to get out and kick start the chain of events that led to Masterton being yeeted, he was then pretty crucial in uniting the various fan factions. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Much like how Rovers fans talk about Sim though, it seemed that due to our reliance on Masterton, that once he left we'd be done, and it seemed impossible to try and seperate him from the club, in the end it took near financial ruin and a trip down to league one for a few years for him to leave, some laugh. 

I'm not for a second saying he's going to leave you in half as bad a state, but being a position where Sim can do what he's done and quite frankly, Rovers fans can do nothing about it can lead him to make similarly ridiculous decisions in the future. 

For all the whataboutery and finger pointing, this is pretty much the crux of why we need to get change even if it is over the long term. Sim is 70 and I'm not sure he'd want to be sitting in his retirement having to juggle about the finances of a football club: if he walks away then absolutely nobody has a clue about what the plan is with the club. We've already seen what happens when the board decide to go off on one. Generally speaking, it's a bit rarer to see full blown basketcase finances nowadays at clubs: Rangers and clubs like Kelty who are clearly spending well beyond where they should naturally be. The heady days of the late 90s and early 00s where clubs would clubs were chucking money (or what they thought was their money) about isn't nearly as commonplace. 

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He does, various members of our board had various roles during the Masterton era aswell. 

Our current chairman for example paid for the Norrie poster twice, due to Masterton pocketing the cash the first time, then you had the bizarre situation where staff members would be released then Masterton would ask the BoD for cash once the deed was done. 

With regards to Leishman he was one of the original directors to get out and kick start the chain of events that led to Masterton being yeeted, he was then pretty crucial in uniting the various fan factions. 

You have absolutely no idea what he has done or doing. His plan is to leave Raith financially in a good way, be self sufficient so we are not so heavily reliant on just match day money. He has paid for an astro pitch which generates money daily. He replaced floodlights which cost a lot less to run per hour. The area under the main stand will be refurbished. He has plans drawn up to create a hub behind the away end and work will start shortly. He also has plans to replace the railway stand with a smaller stand but with facilities attached to again bring money into the club. All of this is coming out of his own pocket not the Bank of Scotland.

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

For all the whataboutery and finger pointing, this is pretty much the crux of why we need to get change even if it is over the long term. Sim is 70 and I'm not sure he'd want to be sitting in his retirement having to juggle about the finances of a football club: if he walks away then absolutely nobody has a clue about what the plan is with the club. We've already seen what happens when the board decide to go off on one. Generally speaking, it's a bit rarer to see full blown basketcase finances nowadays at clubs: Rangers and clubs like Kelty who are clearly spending well beyond where they should naturally be. The heady days of the late 90s and early 00s where clubs would clubs were chucking money (or what they thought was their money) about isn't nearly as commonplace. 

Trust me people know his plans for the ground. 

29 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Trust me people know his plans for the ground. 

I don't doubt that. 

Said it a few times, but Sim has been somewhat of a philanthropist to the Kirkcaldy area. He's been involved in numerous local projects like the Kings Theatre where he's outright chucked the money in to help the community. He'll now be more widely known for the first week of February. As others have said, he doesn't seem like the type to chuck the toys out the pram. 

7 hours ago, grumswall said:

Mods please.

Publicly asking for moderators. :lol: "Dad, he's being mean".

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Says the guy who genuinely just went through the Morton thread to red dot every post of mine because I gave him one.

You ok ***?

The red dot has a truly powerful effect. It has inspired one poster to red dot all this posters posts in retribution and inspired this poster to point it out publicly and run the whole "you okay mate" line. 😁 Love to see it! @Marshmallo

Edited by 2426255

9 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Does David Goodwillie go back to Clyde or is that his career over now? Why was it deemed okay for him to play for Clyde but not Raith Rovers? (Sorry I'm a bit late to this story)

See if you ever manage to get an answer on this, could you let us know please?

10 hours ago, raith1974 said:

You have absolutely no idea what he has done or doing. His plan is to leave Raith financially in a good way, be self sufficient so we are not so heavily reliant on just match day money. He has paid for an astro pitch which generates money daily. He replaced floodlights which cost a lot less to run per hour. The area under the main stand will be refurbished. He has plans drawn up to create a hub behind the away end and work will start shortly. He also has plans to replace the railway stand with a smaller stand but with facilities attached to again bring money into the club. All of this is coming out of his own pocket not the Bank of Scotland.

Is this definitely the case, though? 

Reason I ask is that the accounts of Stark's Park Properties Ltd for 2017 and 2018 show an absolutely massive jump in the asset value and the liabilities due in more than one year. 

The jump in each case is about £800k, which strikes me as roughly the cost of the pitch, given the prep work that was needed. 

There may well be another explanation for that, but not being privy to the details I wouldn't know what that will be. 

20 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Lads does anyone know if Lyndon Johnson will be sworn in, and will Jackie Kennedy keep using that name or go back to being Bouvier? Sorry I'm a bit late. 

This is the Raith Rovers thread, so might be better redirecting that question to the relevant area of the forum mate or @grumswallmight try and run away and try to get the mods involved. Or he might report you before posting "reported for....." 😅 Some folk on this forum make me cringe.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Publicly asking for moderators. :lol: "Dad, he's being mean".

The red dot has a truly powerful effect. It has inspired one poster to red dot all this posters posts in retribution and inspired this poster to point it out publicly and run the whole "you okay mate" line. 😁 Love to see it! @Marshmallo

I swear @Marshmallomust have an alert on his phone for anytime anyone mentions "red dot". Anytime it comes up, anywhere on the forum, he dishes one out. It's strange behaviour but at least it's consistent.

ETA: like clockwork

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

16 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I see we’ve now to boycott the club until it’s dead or we’re rape apologists or some other shite according to a few fans of other teams. Well I suggest we get along there and nail the seven to crosses along the A92 to serve as warning to other boards and managers who might come within 5 miles of Kirkcaldy.  

Rovers fans were mostly disgusted by the Goodwillie signing and want him gone (this is still ongoing) most fans staying away will return once he’s gone, does that mean they’re behind the board or the manager, no it doesn’t.  It means Rovers fans want to watch Rovers play (imagine that, shocker).

There’s fans who want the Board gone, there’s fans who want the manager gone and some who’ll forgive their mistake. Bill Leckie put it well, none of the people involved are actually bad people they just made a horrendous decision and ignored the opinions of the fans, sponsors and staff. Does that mean they need to go? Well that’s up to each person to decide (FWIW I think they do). Does it mean we need to hound them out the club immediately and to hell with the consequences? Only if we don’t want a team left to support. 

if the Board, CEO and management team are to go it’s going to have to be at a time that is appropriate, we don’t have the money to just start sacking managers (composition) and there’s no one waiting in the wings to buy out the Board members. like it or not unless the 7 are resigning they’re going no where at the present time. 

Forcing any of them out will take time. 

Yea it’s totally ironic that a lot of Dunfermline fans are sticking their ore in. They absolutely have no right dishing out lessons in morality. Raith Rovers FC committed no crime. They merely ignored the fans and sponsors. Getting rid of those that sanctioned this signing have to go. This takes time.