The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

And they thinks that's good enough? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'm afraid you are kidding yourself here if you think it won't be enough for most. 

It isn't enough for me, btw. I want changes to the board but am realistic enough to know it's not going to happen overnight. As a fan from a distance, I hardly think the club is going to miss my already insignificant contributions, but I will not be putting money in at least until I can see this blueprint for the future. Like @Double Jack D I don't want any money I put in funding Goodwillie's payoff. 

I am however willing to help fund efforts to shake up the current board, provided we can get rid of at least one of the current directors. 

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

What about the management team and specifically the manager who was quoted as saying that he didn't give a f**k about the guy being a rapist as long as he could score goals (or something along those lines...)

Oh, he can stay as long as he says sorry a few times & wins us a few games.

RaithTV didn't ask for the manager to be sacked and McGlynn didn't say that either. I was unimpressed with his comments on the signing and believe he has to go for his part in it, but let's not embellish things here. 

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

RaithTV didn't ask for the manager to be sacked and McGlynn didn't say that either. I was unimpressed with his comments on the signing and believe he has to go for his part in it, but let's not embellish things here. 

Well, obviously I was exaggerating for effect but the statement issued on the night of the 31st January quoted McGlynn (in who "we" trust) directly welcoming him to the club (the Raith family) & praising him as a goalscorer.

I would quote the statement but it's been deleted from your website (handy that)

It does you no good as a support putting other fans' opinions down to basic anti-Raith rivalry by the way. 

Edited by da_no_1

I was one who said there has to be changes for me to return. Iv went back on that and have been at the two home games since. My reasoning is that goodwilllie isn't involved in the club now and they already have my season ticket money for this season. Its also an excuse to get out of the house where I also work Monday - Friday. I'll expect there to be changes in the summer which they've alluded to or I won't get a season ticket next season but I'm happy enough to support the players on the pitch this season.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I was one who said there has to be changes for me to return. Iv went back on that and have been at the two home games since. My reasoning is that goodwilllie isn't involved in the club now and they already have my season ticket money for this season. Its also an excuse to get out of the house where I also work Monday - Friday. I'll expect there to be changes in the summer which they've alluded to or I won't get a season ticket next season but I'm happy enough to support the players on the pitch this season.

Have to say that's a sensible reasonable approach. If the roles were reversed I 'd probably be the same. You're not committing a crime by attending games.

McGlynn really needs emptied though. His involvement in this shameful episode from day one is there for all to see.  

Edited by da_no_1

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Well, obviously I was exaggerating for effect but the statement issued on the night of the 31st January quoted McGlynn (in who "we" trust) directly welcoming him to the club (the Raith family) & praising him as a goalscorer.

I would quote the statement but it's been deleted from your website (handy that)

It does you no good as a support putting other fans' opinions down to basic anti-Raith rivalry by the way. 

It is true to an extent that reactions to non-Raith fans continuing to stick the boot in is starting to prompt a negative reaction from some. However, given that you're exaggerating for effect (by your own admission), you can see why some may see your motivations here as insincere. We signed a bloody rapist, that in itself is enough without needing to exaggerate what people have said. Their actions have spoken for themselves. 

Given that I haven't put such opinions down to an anti-Raith rivalry, not sure why that's been aimed at me either. 

Perhaps you've also missed my thoughts on McGlynn's future, so I'll outline them again: he should go. I am willing to let him see the season out as the board has no moral authority to sack him, unless it's for poor performance (which is not unthinkable unless we start winning a few games again soon). 

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

McGlynn really needs emptied though.  

If he gets emptied before the end of the season it'll be put down to results on the pitch rather than the DG saga. He'd have had the chop by now if it was DG related imo. Ultimately I reckon he'll be here until the end of the season and he'll either decide to move on after that or the club simply won't offer him a new contract.

There's nobody with any grounds to sack McGlynn. As of right now, every person more senior than him in the organisation either voted for or negotiated the transfer. 

The only way he'd be going as an immediate consequence of the Goodwillie debacle is if there was a change in club ownership, which as we've discussed, is essentially impossible. 

I still think he'll go at the end of the season, although personally his position is the part of the whole affair I'm still most conflicted on. Sunday was my first game back and I wasn't singing his name, and won't be this season. A huge part of me wants him to put this behind him and help drive the club forward, but morally I think he has to go. He's been such a huge part of everything I've likes about Raith Rovers over the last decade and a half, it's a huge wrench to see it end like this. But then he's got to be responsible for his own actions. I change my mind on it every time I think it through. 

Ultimately, McGlynn's fate will be decided by the composition of the board as we approach the start of next season. I'm not aware of any timeframe for boardroom changes, but as per my last post, it's either engage now and press for change, or ignore it and guarantee the status quo. 

So what pathway has been provided then?

That has got absolutely nothing to do with either you or me, for that matter. The Raith Tv volunteers will have had a meeting with the board before they’ve came to that decision. What was said in that meeting has got nothing to do with us.

But, obviously what was said, has made the volunteers reconsider and return which is good enough for me as it means that there’s obviously a plan in motion.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, Double Jack D said:
So it is just anti-rovers pish you're interested in? Thanks for confirming, I'll treat your input to this accordingly.

Just a neutral party calling it how I see it. Take the blinkers off.

Just trying to points score basically maybe your team needs to do that more often get points , Rovers will be fine don’t worry

I see we’ve now to boycott the club until it’s dead or we’re rape apologists or some other shite according to a few fans of other teams. Well I suggest we get along there and nail the seven to crosses along the A92 to serve as warning to other boards and managers who might come within 5 miles of Kirkcaldy.  

Rovers fans were mostly disgusted by the Goodwillie signing and want him gone (this is still ongoing) most fans staying away will return once he’s gone, does that mean they’re behind the board or the manager, no it doesn’t.  It means Rovers fans want to watch Rovers play (imagine that, shocker).

There’s fans who want the Board gone, there’s fans who want the manager gone and some who’ll forgive their mistake. Bill Leckie put it well, none of the people involved are actually bad people they just made a horrendous decision and ignored the opinions of the fans, sponsors and staff. Does that mean they need to go? Well that’s up to each person to decide (FWIW I think they do). Does it mean we need to hound them out the club immediately and to hell with the consequences? Only if we don’t want a team left to support. 

if the Board, CEO and management team are to go it’s going to have to be at a time that is appropriate, we don’t have the money to just start sacking managers (composition) and there’s no one waiting in the wings to buy out the Board members. like it or not unless the 7 are resigning they’re going no where at the present time. 

Forcing any of them out will take time. 

6 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I see we’ve now to boycott the club until it’s dead or we’re rape apologists or some other shite according to a few fans of other teams. Well I suggest we get along there and nail the seven to crosses along the A92 to serve as warning to other boards and managers who might come within 5 miles of Kirkcaldy.  

Rovers fans were mostly disgusted by the Goodwillie signing and want him gone (this is still ongoing) most fans staying away will return once he’s gone, does that mean they’re behind the board or the manager, no it doesn’t.  It means Rovers fans want to watch Rovers play (imagine that, shocker).

There’s fans who want the Board gone, there’s fans who want the manager gone and some who’ll forgive their mistake. Bill Leckie put it well, none of the people involved are actually bad people they just made a horrendous decision and ignored the opinions of the fans, sponsors and staff. Does that mean they need to go? Well that’s up to each person to decide (FWIW I think they do). Does it mean we need to hound them out the club immediately and to hell with the consequences? Only if we don’t want a team left to support. 

if the Board, CEO and management team are to go it’s going to have to be at a time that is appropriate, we don’t have the money to just start sacking managers (composition) and there’s no one waiting in the wings to buy out the Board members. like it or not unless the 7 are resigning they’re going no where at the present time. 

Forcing any of them out will take time. 

Very well put. I'm not an advocate of any of them going as I agree with Bill Leckie. A horrendous decision but one we have to recover from. Will John McGlynn leave maybe but it will be at the end of the season, will John Sim leave no but he will step down as chairman. If we continue with trying to hound everyone out then we will be left with no club. Maybe some Dunfermline fans will want that so they can become the biggest club in Fife again but I don't. I love visiting Starks Park have done for almost 40 years and will continue to do so. 

Edited by raith1974
Spelling

Some pretty petty stuff getting posted on here now which is a shame. There was a lot of togetherness and genuine empathy correctly shown for Rovers fans two weeks ago, that shouldn't disappear now either. It's never that simple to change ownership. A lot of fans of other clubs (including mine) will have had morally bankrupt owners they have tried to get rid of, albeit not in such extreme circumstances. It would be more useful to continue to stand together and work for positive change across Scottish football. 

22 minutes ago, Bucuresti Par said:

Some pretty petty stuff getting posted on here now which is a shame. There was a lot of togetherness and genuine empathy correctly shown for Rovers fans two weeks ago, that shouldn't disappear now either. It's never that simple to change ownership. A lot of fans of other clubs (including mine) will have had morally bankrupt owners they have tried to get rid of, albeit not in such extreme circumstances. It would be more useful to continue to stand together and work for positive change across Scottish football. 

Surely your previous masterton led board was also extremely morally bankrupt