The New Raith Rovers Thread

It was a good effort against a standard of opposition that are simply miles ahead of us. 

But it's tainted with the very, very bitter knowledge that the money from the game will be given straight to Goodwillie. That money couldve done the club a hell of a lot of good, but instead it's being spraffed straight up the wall in the course of undoing an utterly dismal decision made by the club. 

Frustrating doesn't even come close  

29 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I am actually surprised nobody picked up on the shirt sponsor today. Sorry utter tragic and won't set foot back in starks Park until the lot of them are gone.

Called foreverarover and now won’t set foot in Starks park until we are playing without a sponsor on our shirt 🙄

32 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would guess between 25,000 and 30,000.

A lot more tickets than that would’ve been bought, just some folk cba turning up. Think its done automatically if your on the Home Cup Ticket Scheme and people will just buy them even if they aren’t going so they have a chance of tickets for the games at Hampden

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

It was a good effort against a standard of opposition that are simply miles ahead of us. 

But it's tainted with the very, very bitter knowledge that the money from the game will be given straight to Goodwillie. That money couldve done the club a hell of a lot of good, but instead it's being spraffed straight up the wall in the course of undoing an utterly dismal decision made by the club. 

Frustrating doesn't even come close  

I was saying just the same after the match. You can sit there and pretend we had drawn Motherwell away and lost and we would have been no worse off, but we didn't and like you say, it's a colossal amount of money down the drain. 

2 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

No the owner tweeted saying he had asked the club to remove his company from the strips immediately. 

Maybe Val is the end of the season? Not sure 

Yeah I thought he had changed his stance after we announced we wouldn't be picking Goodwillie, but I could be mistaken. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah I thought he had changed his stance after we announced we wouldn't be picking Goodwillie, but I could be mistaken. 

They did. 

“Tag Games no longer wants its name removed from the club's away shirts, but stand by the decision not to extend sponsorship beyond this season "under the current set-up".

17 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

No the owner tweeted saying he had asked the club to remove his company from the strips immediately. 
Maybe Val is the end of the season? Not sure 

Ms McDermid said at some point in the first week of this shambles that she wasn't able to have her name removed from the strips for the rest of this season because of contractual obligations but it would not be there next season onwards. Things may change in the future but I highly doubt it.

Edited by embow

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

They both cancelled their sponsorship, you cant take your ball back and still want to play in the game, they both could've left things as they were till end of season and had all todays televised advertising 

Sure that’ll be the reason, the board probably also saw it as a way of bringing in some extra cash as legally TAG had told us they were out. 

1 minute ago, embow said:

Ms McDermid said at some point in the first week of this shambles that she wasn't able to have her name removed from the strips for the rest of this season because of contractual obligations but it would not be there next season onwards. Things may change in the future but I highly doubt it.

I thought that was the Stand? 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

So one of the directors who voted in favour of signing Goodwillie now has his company name on our away shirt? 😅

Didn’t realise that’s what the sponsor was, probably more the BOD putting two fingers up to TAG by not giving them this exposure then?