The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Whens this statement due out then, will it be just another apology this time from management 

3pm.  But based on this;

The invite said: “Please note there will be a brief statement made by John McGlynn, manager at the start of the press conference regarding the recent signing. No questions will be taken from the floor thereafter regarding this matter.”

Doesn't fill me with much confidence that there's going to be much to the statement.

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Whens this statement due out then, will it be just another apology this time from management 

According to the FFP article Mcglynn is due to meet the press via a zoom call this afternoon at 3pm, primarily to talk about the game on Sunday but he will make a short statement at the start of the briefing regarding the Goodwillie signing. Media have been advised that no questions will be answered on the matter.

8 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

3pm.  But based on this;

The invite said: “Please note there will be a brief statement made by John McGlynn, manager at the start of the press conference regarding the recent signing. No questions will be taken from the floor thereafter regarding this matter.”

Doesn't fill me with much confidence that there's going to be much to the statement.

Doesn't sound like it will add anything to what's already been said then.

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Pretty disappointed at this. I’m not saying Mcglynn doesn’t have questions to answer however the first person in front of the cameras should have been Sim. Perhaps it’s indicative of his leadership that he’s throwing someone else in front of the bus.

I think this is more the fact that there's a contractual obligation for the manager to do pre- and post-match press. They risked a slap on the wrist when they patched it for the Hamilton game, but they'd get (rightly) hammered if they tried it this Cup game. 

As you say, the official full club response should come from Sim, and I expect it will, along with the confirmation that Goodwillie is officially gone.

The worst thing would be sending McGlynn out without any kind of strategy at all so that he's taking questions and having to try and deflect on the hop (as happened before). 

I'd be amazed if this is anything more than an acknowledgement that the lawyers are still at it, that a full response will come once they're done, and that there'll be no further discussion of Goodwillie today. 

12 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I'd be amazed if this is anything more than an acknowledgement that the lawyers are still at it, that a full response will come once they're done, and that there'll be no further discussion of Goodwillie today. 

And to be fair, a number of us have been saying for most of this week that we acknowledge the possibility that 'the club' might not be able to release a statement until legal matters are sorted and that we'd be happy if 'the club' released a statement to that effect.

Sound like this could be that statement.

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I understand View From The Terrace is going to be Rovers heavy this week. Those of sensitive, flaky or downright dodgy dispositions should maybe avoid it.

Will be giving it a miss as usual tbh, out of interest have they ever spoken in depth about goodwillie at Clyde and there thoughts on it?

29 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I understand View From The Terrace is going to be Rovers heavy this week. Those of sensitive, flaky or downright dodgy dispositions should maybe avoid it.

I’m sensitive to Joel Sked’s dodgy ‘clinging on for dear life’ hairdo.

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Assuming no-one from the BoD showed face for this? Even to lend a bit of support to the manager.?
Absolute shitebags.

Correct.

I would like to.hope they are putting together a long form statement on this, but I certainly won't be holding my breath.