The New Raith Rovers Thread

57 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Amazed folk are actually checking gme results. The football just feels like an afterthought at the moment.

Sorry but I'm still supporting the club like I've done through thick and thin for almost 40 years. I've seen highs and lows and us almost out of business and I certainly don't want to see the latter. It does appear some fans on here do want that. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Amazed folk are actually checking gme results. The football just feels like an afterthought at the moment.

But reading P&B is obviously fine for yourself. Shall we all stop going games and just talk about Goodwillie forever. 

Jesus wept some people just love to bathe in misery.

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

You can argue that footballers are not role models, which I would agree to a certain extent… but you can’t deny football clubs are a big part of communities 

Signing Goodwillie has not only tainted the club, but tainted the fans just by association 

So I don’t buy the excuse because footballer are not role models it means the clubs should get a pass on who they sign

Agree

7 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry but I'm still supporting the club like I've done through thick and thin for almost 40 years. I've seen highs and lows and us almost out of business and I certainly don't want to see the latter. It does appear some fans on here do want that. 

Oh come on that’s just ridiculous, everyone has strong opinions on this and lots of people disagree on how best to get out of this sorry mess a few extremely pigheaded individuals who thought they knew better than everyone else have brought down on the club but not one supporter on here wants the club to go out of business. There is no right or wrong answers it’s all just peoples opinions. Remember the people you’re debating with aren’t the ones who caused this! 

Edited by San Starko Rover

I don't believe the club deserve to get out of this mess. I feel sorry for a decent supporters but the manager, board and a large minority of support would absolutely have this man playing for the club. We are now hearing reports that the club do not like people speaking out. Seems to me its easy to say what the public want to hear.  

Edited by GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa

I would much prefer that the club finished as high up the table as possible. I will admit the events of the last 10 days have gotten me to a point where I am bothered more about what might have been rather than our last two results, which I really wasn't arsed about. It is the opportunity blown 1) by bad form and 2) by the decision to sign Goodwillie that has me wondering what could've been instead. We had a wonderful opportunity this season and have blown it spectacularly. 

Saying that, I want the club to finish as high as possible. That £200k hole in our accounts needs to fill itself somehow and there is £125k gap between 4th and 5th. There is an additional £150k gap between 4th and 2nd as well, but I can't see us finishing above Partick or Killie. 

As to where I'm at currently, I can't even be arsed streaming the Celtic game on hesgoal, such is my enthusiasm for us at the moment. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I don't believe the club deserve to get out of this mess. 

As I've said earlier, the Rovers deserve the criticism that's been directed at them over the last week, but as far as your comment above is concerned, do you believe East Fife didn't deserve to get out of the mess they were in as a result of the Julian Danskin episode?

Of course you don't.

46 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I would much prefer that the club finished as high up the table as possible. I will admit the events of the last 10 days have gotten me to a point where I am bothered more about what might have been rather than our last two results, which I really wasn't arsed about. It is the opportunity blown 1) by bad form and 2) by the decision to sign Goodwillie that has me wondering what could've been instead. We had a wonderful opportunity this season and have blown it spectacularly. 

Saying that, I want the club to finish as high as possible. That £200k hole in our accounts needs to fill itself somehow and there is £125k gap between 4th and 5th. There is an additional £150k gap between 4th and 2nd as well, but I can't see us finishing above Partick or Killie. 

As to where I'm at currently, I can't even be arsed streaming the Celtic game on hesgoal, such is my enthusiasm for us at the moment. 

You should probably be wearing black for a few week too by the sounds of thihgs.

On 08/02/2022 at 22:29, Against The Machine said:

Is there an index somewhere that shows how BBC Scotland programmes rank alongside English football clubs? 

Is the Scottish Home of the Year bigger than Leyton Orient? Does Cornershop Cook-Off beat Crawley Town? 

It's like the person on Twitter who makes up nonsense league tables. 

1) Avocados 

2) Mozambique 

3) Screwfix catalogue 

and so on.

But reading P&B is obviously fine for yourself. Shall we all stop going games and just talk about Goodwillie forever. 

Jesus wept some people just love to bathe in misery.

Well yeah, I'm not going to stop reading P&B given you're going to get most updates from either here or on social media.

I was quite happy with the club up until Monday of last week. Its less bathing in misery, more that we've completely imploded both on and off the pitch. I'm looking forward to the day when I'm buzzing at seeing other clubs dropping points, but for now it's still 'shite state of affairs' territory.

Meh, I'm actually over this and really couldn't care less about the whole sorry saga anymore. I just want to watch my team on a Saturday. Whatever the club do from here i.e. board sackings, McGlynn walking....I'll go with the flow. Probably the wrong mindset to have but there you go.

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Well yeah, I'm not going to stop reading P&B given you're going to get most updates from either here or on social media.

I was quite happy with the club up until Monday of last week. Its less bathing in misery, more that we've completely imploded both on and off the pitch. I'm looking forward to the day when I'm buzzing at seeing other clubs dropping points, but for now it's still 'shite state of affairs' territory.

Do you she the beasht?

Meh, I'm actually over this and really couldn't care less about the whole sorry saga anymore. I just want to watch my team on a Saturday. Whatever the club do from here i.e. board sackings, McGlynn walking....I'll go with the flow. Probably the wrong mindset to have but there you go.
That's fair enough. I think the next game I'll be at is the Partick game at home so hopefullyI'll be a bit more enthusiastic. There isn't a blue print of right or wrong so it really is each to their own. For all of the behind the scenes stuff, the club did eventually commit to terminating his contract.