The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Hear me out. 

John McGlynn shouldn't have recommended signing a rapist? 

Totally agree. Have said numerous times on this thread would rather he wasn’t here next season because of that extremely poor judgement. It was a two stage process though, so there was still a chance to for the Board to go ‘Hold on, fucking bad idea John’ Two of them did, but the other four didn’t, so get them to f**k as well. 

Rovers Twitter liked a Tweet by Methilhill Primary School, I wont post the Tweet as it contains images of children.

This is the script.

Our children felt inspired today listening to

who shared how he has grown personally and professionally through football. Our P5 children created graffiti walls filled with positive messages for their peers after listening to his positive message

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)
ETA one image which is relevant.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Rovers Twitter liked a Tweet by Methilhill Primary School, I wont post the Tweet as it contains images of children.

This is the script.

Thank Christ someone at the Club still has an idea of how to start to turn this around.

13 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I’ve heard Mr Sim has started to respond to a few fans who have emailed the club/him directly. He’s apologising for his lack of judgment and admits that him living abroad means he’s out of touch with what’s going on. He’s also said that him being the chairman while being far removed from the day to day running of the club isn’t the way forward. 

What a feeble excuse! Does he think we are still living in the days of steam packet companies? Thousands of fans of all Scottish Football Clubs are living and working abroad, many of us posting here on P & B, constantly and continually in touch with what is going on back home. Yon interweb is an amazing thing.

7 hours ago, raith1974 said:

When you raise nothing from the ground anything is then a plus. Remember this wasn't funded by Raith Rovers it was funded by John Sim. Zero outlay from the club with money albeit small amounts daily coming into the club. It also enhances the facilities available to people using the ground during the week. 

On the assumption that people actually want to use this facility, how do you know any money raised will even go back to the club? 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

On the assumption that people actually want to use this facility, how do you know any money raised will even go back to the club? 

Because everything he is doing around the club is to make Raith self sufficient and not just reliant on match day revenue. 

9 hours ago, foreverarover said:
10 hours ago, Jilted John said:
 Change can’t come from within the club without others being able and willing to step in. The whole board can’t walk away and leave no one funding and running the club. A few folk don’t seem to realise this.
Val is someone who has both the finances and the experience needed to help run the club. She’s made plenty of comments about how she loves the club, but is she going to be proactive in trying to turn it around? The same could be said of Gordon Brown. Has money, contacts and very good business sense.
These people have no obligation to help, but I find their supposed love of the club rather questionable when we are struggling and they are sitting on the sidelines watching.

Someone like Gordon Brown will not have the funds to take over a, club.

Indeed. It was Gordon Brown who got Sim involved in the first place.

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Because everything he is doing around the club is to make Raith self sufficient and not just reliant on match day revenue. 

Well perhaps he should start listening to the views of people who represent the wider Rovers community instead of running an autocracy. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Well perhaps he should start listening to the views of people who represent the wider Rovers community instead of running an autocracy. 

He'd get bored if he had to listen to you for more than 5 minutes. Change the record ffs.

You seem to be conveniently forgetting about the forthcoming development behind the North Stand. Or is that not big enough either? Maybe it's ROI isn't strong enough business csse for you? I assume you have access to RRFC business planning details as you seem be ITK for all things related to revenue generation at the club? 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What a feeble excuse! Does he think we are still living in the days of steam packet companies? Thousands of fans of all Scottish Football Clubs are living and working abroad, many of us posting here on P & B, constantly and continually in touch with what is going on back home. Yon interweb is an amazing thing.

The same football fans that ignored the fact he was playing for 5 years.

Just on Val. She’s now holding court telling the nations journalists that all footballers should pass a fit and proper persons test. The more I think about it, I’m actually glad she’s no longer involved. Imagine what she would have been saying about Marvin Andrews!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ex-rangers-star-marvin-andrews-slammed-4555527.amp

2 hours ago, RavyDavy said:

He'd get bored if he had to listen to you for more than 5 minutes. Change the record ffs.

You seem to be conveniently forgetting about the forthcoming development behind the North Stand. Or is that not big enough either? Maybe it's ROI isn't strong enough business csse for you? I assume you have access to RRFC business planning details as you seem be ITK for all things related to revenue generation at the club? 

Shocking that people are more worried about an immediate £200k dent in the club's pockets over a signing they were warned would cause a problem. And of course the yet-to-be-realised damage from an angry fanbase, two sponsors needing replaced,  hospitality/supporter fund cancellations and about 30 volunteers who quit. What a fantastic ROI that is!

There is no point in planning for the future whilst simultaneously destroying the club's finances in the present. 

Edited by Michael W

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Just on Val. She’s now holding court telling the nations journalists that all footballers should pass a fit and proper persons test. The more I think about it, I’m actually glad she’s no longer involved. Imagine what she would have been saying about Marvin Andrews!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ex-rangers-star-marvin-andrews-slammed-4555527.amp

He sounds like a complete bigot. 

No idea what Bible he's been reading but it says nothing about lesbian relationships. 

Perhaps if it did it might be more popular.