The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Could it not just be:

We showed interest in December.

After fan/sponsors feedback decided to knock it on the head.

Transfer window was nearing an end. 

Clyde decided to chance their leg with couple days left to see if we were still keen. 

CEO/board took it to McGlynn and Smith to see if they'd still take him. 

They've said yes and it's snowballed from there. 

Possibly but the longer the club are silent the more of these stories will start to circulate. 

20 hours ago, Enigma said:

Again, the view I’ve come to is driven by the account Bill Clark, a man who protested and resigned from the board over this transfer, gave. You can chose to believe him or not, but I pretty much trust what the man says. Maybe he has an axe to grind but it’s clear where he appropriates blame.

He only resigned after the outrage by fans , He knew fine well about this , just trying to save himself 🤮

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Possibly but the longer the club are silent the more of these stories will start to circulate. 

The price of silence - you lose control as others fill the gap on your behalf and you may struggle to regain the narrative. 

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

As a supporter I’m all for stringing everyone up involved but to suggest Bill Clark or Andy Mill only resigned because of the backlash is speculation at best and completely unfair. It was announced late at night they could hardly ring John Sim at 23:00 to resign. 

Are you trying to tell me they knew nothing about the signing until it was released to the public ? Aye ? 🤢

47 minutes ago, baba douche said:

This

I'm presuming that he has paid some of his debts back. Generally with bankruptcy you have to fill out income and expenditure sheets and then pay your excess wages towards your creditors.

If he was on 50k at Clyde + potentially a delivery driver wage (not sure how recently he did that) there should definitely have been sizeable pahments made each month. 

Although how many crediors he had and what priority they got is not something we're ever likely to be privy to.

Doesn't rule out him wanting to wait to this window then look to move for a signing on fee.

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

5 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Well I'm sure as directors they would have known before it became public you would think? but keep on trying to defend these people 🤢

One thing we don't know is who at Rovers Clyde spoke to. If I've got this right Clark is saying he was called into a board meeting and didn't know why i.e. he wasn't privvy to whoever within the club Clyde had been liaising with. He raised his concerns re signing Goodwillie, was outvoted and resigned. 

49 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Are you trying to tell me they knew nothing about the signing until it was released to the public ? Aye ? 🤢

They must have known as there was a  vote taken on the signing at the board meeting and it was 4 to 2 in favour of the signing

6 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

Well I'm sure as directors they would have known before it became public you would think? but keep on trying to defend these people 🤢

The only thing they knew for certain was that the vote had gone against them in favour of signing him. The deal was then likely to go ahead and I'd guess that this was the junctutre at which they would have decided to go. However given that the deal then almost collapsed at 6pm and was only pushed over the line at around 10.30pm they would have been rather stupid to have tendered their resignation for something that mightn't have come to pass. 

The media reported that at least 1 director only found out officially when the club released it on Twitter, Mill & Clark would have talked to each other on the Monday night and by 11am on they Tuesday both had tendered their resignations with Andy Mill announcing on his directors facebook page at 10.18am. Was this not fast enough for you?

Do us a favour Tazz and don't speculate on what you know nothing about, you do yourself no favours.

^^

Can't argue with much of the above. 

Although, there is a story in the main paper regarding the victim which I assume is similar to what was in the Sunday Post in which Benedictus is hung out to dry a bit. The article implies his comments were some sort of official statement on behalf of the players which is a bit unfair.