The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

So that is implying we were also complicit in the victim not getting any of her award.............feck me it gets worse by the minute

Steady on. That's a huge statement he's made. I'd be inclined to ask where he got that info or is it just another ITK aka rumour post? Sounds like a lot of pish tbh.

If it is true (which I doubt) that takes this whole sorry episode to a whole new level.

11 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

So that is implying we were also complicit in the victim not getting any of her award.............feck me it gets worse by the minute

It's at odds with Clark's version of events, although he could be lying or, more likely, he may have just been totally out of the loop. 

2 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Steady on. That's a huge statement he's made. I'd be inclined to ask where he got that info or is it just another ITK aka rumour post? Sounds like a lot of pish tbh.

If it is true (which I doubt) that takes this whole sorry episode to a whole new level.

That why I said implying

I can only hope that the above posters are wrong about the delay in this signing . Rovers must remember to compensate the victim in any settlement to him. The club will need  to carry out many remedial acts to rectify their recent actions before they can expect forgiveness  from their fans or the wider public. I appreciate that he has to leave the club for this process to begin.

I don't believe that we should donate to the club unless it gives us more influence or a deciding stake in some decisions eg season ticket prices especially for kids.

41 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's at odds with Clark's version of events, although he could be lying or, more likely, he may have just been totally out of the loop. 

Might that have been what the phone call from Clyde was about,

Aye hello Karen, thats DG free of his bankruptcy we can sign the deal now ,............ ok I'll just arrange a board meeting for the vote, theres only two who will be against it. 😂😂😂😂

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Who does she think she is, football owes her nothing, and she has nothing whatsoever to do with football. Are we to suppose that if Goodwillie had been a plumber or sparky everyone connected to those trades, or had even hired them should look in the mirror? GTF

You really are a moronic p***k 

The more that comes out of this the worse it gets for the board and potentially the CEO. As I've said I will reserve judgement until we know a lot more and it can be corroborated to an extent. It also makes the "we're just having a look at the contract" part of the statement even more ambiguous to me what was written into it? 

This is going to cost someone Sim/the club a lot of money. 

27 minutes ago, Lester Freamon said:

If (and its a big if atm) that rumour about delaying the transfer is true, then it makes the whole episode even more grubbier if that was even possible.

Aye IF true then that’s absolutely horrendous and surely even the people who are in favour of Goodwillie being allowed to continue his career in football would be sickened by that. To deliberately move the transfer to stop her getting her due settlement.  

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Aye IF true then that’s absolutely horrendous and surely even the people who are in favour of Goodwillie being allowed to continue his career in football would be sickened by that. To deliberately move the transfer to stop her getting her due settlement.  

The article in the Post says he only recently was discharged from bankruptcy, pity it didn't say exactly when but there's a distinct niff in the air around it

22 hours ago, Enigma said:

Were you at the match? I thought you said that you had handed your season ticket back to the club?

I gave it back to the club when they doubled down. When they announced Goodwillie wouldn’t play for us I decided I would go back. Is that sound with you, or should I run it by you next time? 

25 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The article in the Post says he only recently was discharged from bankruptcy, pity it didn't say exactly when but there's a distinct niff in the air around it

Quick search on the public Accountant in Bankruptcy database has a trustee discharge date of 20th December 2021.

7 minutes ago, Raith_Fox said:

Quick search on the public Accountant in Bankruptcy database has a trustee discharge date of 20th December 2021.

The clubs are probably not complicit in it then but is there’s a good chance Goodwillie has deliberately not tried to move until this transfer window to avoid paying her.  

2 hours ago, GooseLips said:

And this is exactly why the deal took nearly a month to get over the line. Goodwillie apparently with the blessing of Raith Rovers wanted to wait until he was discharged of his debt so his signing on fee and increased wages didn’t go towards the victim. 

Sounds like fantasy

Could it not just be:

We showed interest in December.

After fan/sponsors feedback decided to knock it on the head.

Transfer window was nearing an end. 

Clyde decided to chance their leg with couple days left to see if we were still keen. 

CEO/board took it to McGlynn and Smith to see if they'd still take him. 

They've said yes and it's snowballed from there.