The New Raith Rovers Thread

So if the Sunday Post is right then it confirms DG hasn't paid the victim anything but is now discharged from bankruptcy so will keep all his presumably forthcoming pay-off from Raith.

If that's right then we should just pay the first tranche of it to her and leave him to sue us if he really wants to.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/david-goodwillie-pay-off/

2 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

I don't want to make the Frank conner mistake of assuming that someone has a level of insight just because they can write in full sentences, but if true that's worrying in the extreme. 

You'd think that with them being the lead item on the News at Six and on the front page of every paper in the country, there's no way they can possibly think this is going to blow over, but these are the same people who thought signing Goodwillie would be a grand idea, so anything's possible. 

I’ll not be assuming it’s accurate either as I’ve no idea who the poster is or what level they are ITK as I’m not on FanTalk but if there’s ANY truth to what he claims then it’s deeply worrying. We really do need to hear an explanation from John Sim and John McGlynn here about the whole thing and what’s happening with Goodwillie. As the silence is just escalating everything with rumours and opinions. We’ve heard Bill Clark’s side on the radio and Andy Mill obviously shared his with fans yesterday who spoke with him but we really need to hear the other side too and the sooner the better. Until then it’s difficult to know how to proceed.  

2 minutes ago, Yoss said:

So if the Sunday Post is right then it confirms DG hasn't paid the victim anything but is now discharged from bankruptcy so will keep all his presumably forthcoming pay-off from Raith.

If that's right then we should just pay the first tranche of it to her and leave him to sue us if he really wants to.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/david-goodwillie-pay-off/

I’d assume (not a lawyer) that if he owed her and claimed bankruptcy then the debt was wiped clean and sadly she won’t see it from him and she then has no right to claim it, so unless he chooses to do the honorable thing (aye right) and pays her voluntarily she’ll not get a penny from him.  If we just paid the money on his behalf we’d be the one who’d be in the wrong as we owe it to Goodwillie and he’d just take us to court. 

Have also heard the same about the lack of contrition in the Boardroom (although not heard anything about people joking about it). The strategy seems to be say nothing in the short term and it’ll all blow over. Heard they have hired an external football PR person to handle things. This is all second hand information, but from someone I trust with no need to lie. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Have also heard the same about the lack of contrition in the Boardroom (although not heard anything about people joking about it). The strategy seems to be say nothing in the short term and it’ll all blow over. Heard they have hired an external football PR person to handle things. This is all second hand information, but from someone I trust with no need to lie. 

It’ll need to be a bloody good PR person to spin this mess. 

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d assume (not a lawyer) that if he owed her and claimed bankruptcy then the debt was wiped clean and sadly she won’t see it from him and she then has no right to claim it, so unless he chooses to do the honorable thing (aye right) and pays her voluntarily she’ll not get a penny from him.  If we just paid the money on his behalf we’d be the one who’d be in the wrong as we owe it to Goodwillie and he’d just take us to court. 

I do get that that's the legal position, yeah.

8 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I hope they are paying for this themselves and its not coming from any supporters fund or contributor

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

15 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’ll not be assuming it’s accurate either as I’ve no idea who the poster is or what level they are ITK as I’m not on FanTalk but if there’s ANY truth to what he claims then it’s deeply worrying. We really do need to hear an explanation from John Sim and John McGlynn here about the whole thing and what’s happening with Goodwillie. As the silence is just escalating everything with rumours and opinions. We’ve heard Bill Clark’s side on the radio and Andy Mill obviously shared his with fans yesterday who spoke with him but we really need to hear the other side too and the sooner the better. Until then it’s difficult to know how to proceed.  

What did Andy Mill say? I missed that.

3 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

And this is exactly why the deal took nearly a month to get over the line. Goodwillie apparently with the blessing of Raith Rovers wanted to wait until he was discharged of his debt so his signing on fee and increased wages didn’t go towards the victim. 

Source?

Obviously it’s been shared in here but really powerful interview with Denise Clair in the Sunday Post about the case.

She makes a few uncomfortable points about it. Being honest, if Val McDairmid wasn’t involved at Raith DG would be probably be starting for them and perhaps the Raith board would be right in thinking this would blow over.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Obviously it’s been shared in here but really powerful interview with Denise Clair in the Sunday Post about the case.

She makes a few uncomfortable points about it. Being honest, if Val McDairmid wasn’t involved at Raith DG would be probably be starting for them and perhaps the Raith board would be right in thinking this would blow over.

Probably with a few fans and staff walking away in protest, although there’s a couple of other famous supporters who could caused them the same problem but yes without someone with the reach of McDermid it’d been the same as Clyde FC. Small protest, lose some fans and sponsors and let it blow over.  

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Maybe so, but she was and tbh we aint the only club that has/had high profile supporters affiliated to it, 

And this is exactly why the deal took nearly a month to get over the line. Goodwillie apparently with the blessing of Raith Rovers wanted to wait until he was discharged of his debt so his signing on fee and increased wages didn’t go towards the victim. 
Big claim. Source?

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
21 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

Big claim. Source?

I've just asked that numb nuts.

23 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

So that is implying we were also complicit in the victim not getting any of her award.............feck me it gets worse by the minute

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

23 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

That is powderkeg even considering what's already gone on