The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I've seen this a couple of times, but I'm not at all sure what the SPFL or SFA could be expected to do in this situation. It is not their role to police morals. I could understand if Goodwillie had a criminal conviction for rape, but sadly, despite having done it, he does not.

It’s a difficult one and I’m sure our board when they decided to sign him would use that as part if the justification as did Clyde no doubt.  Him never being charged in a criminal court makes everything a bit gray for a lot of people. 

21 hours ago, stevoraith said:

But in short, those who have a bit of sympathy/goodwill for McGlynn feel that way not because of results on the park, but because of how good he has been for the club behind the scenes, not just in footballing matters.

Sorry but I'm not having this pish either. If McGlynn was doing all this community work and we were still in league one or bottom of the championship would people still be showing him sympathy/goodwill? We both know the answer to this.

Did Barry Smith or Gary Locke or any of the other shitey managers we've chased away not do any community work? Where was there sympathy and goodwill. 

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I wonder what your tune would be if thus was your Mother/Sister/Wife/Daughter, or for that matter even YOU

I was honestly assuming and hoping when I read it that it was sarcasm as it’s hard to tell in a post. Otherwise it’s probably the worst post in the history of P&B by a long way. 

19 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. It’s a bit hypocritical to try and occupy the moral high ground over our boards terrible decision when your own board historically has some pretty big skeletons in the closet. Celtic fans should rightly be appalled by our decision to sign him but you and I both know any banner about it would be pretty inappropriate. 

That's like suggesting you as a Raith fan can never pass comment on another club again because of this? 

Was going to Celtic game but it seems it'll just be 90 minutes of back and forward about who has the beastiest club. Seems we've sank to old firms level. f**k me. I'm out. Cannae read or comment anymore on this shite it's getting me far too angry. 

f**k the lot of you. 

46 minutes ago, Binos said:

I raised that earlier and reception appeared to be it was out of order

Aye because it is ya fanny. 

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Who does she think she is, football owes her nothing, and she has nothing whatsoever to do with football. Are we to suppose that if Goodwillie had been a plumber or sparky everyone connected to those trades, or had even hired them should look in the mirror? GTF

Raith Slaver

9 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Was going to Celtic game but it seems it'll just be 90 minutes of back and forward about who has the beastiest club. Seems we've sank to old firms level. f**k me. I'm out. Cannae read or comment anymore on this shite it's getting me far too angry. 

f**k the lot of you. 

Aye because it is ya fanny. 

The lassie herself reckons Scottish football needs to have a look at itself 

And we are

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Do we have to guess or would you like to share? 

I assume it's this :

I hesitated to post this further comment on our plight, but in light of the misinformation being spread, and the consequently misguided opinions being expressed on here (most recently by Cuparman who I hope might regret his latest capital-lettered tirade), I feel the need to speak up again.

Even before receiving some corroboration, I detected a hint of a "sorry-but-not-sorry-at-all" flavour to Thursday's board statement. A bit like Boris Johnson saying sorry, when all he's sorry for is having been caught, not for the misdemeanour itself.

I now have been told on good authority by two completely separate but nonetheless knowledgeable contacts that there is little or no contrition, regret from within the boardroom, or even acknowledgement of the wrongness of the process or the decision to ignore advice received and proceed with the signing of the player.

Indeed, the opposite is the case. There is a degree of complacency and smugness within the boardroom that it'll all blow over, they'll find new main sponsors "no bother" [indeed claiming that to be already virtually in the bag], and they'll continue to float around kidding on they're competently running the show. Further, in one case, the whole story is being light-heartedly laughed off [I kid you not]

I apologise here and now for not detailing further, or naming & shaming, at least for the time being - I hope that reasons for that will come out in fairly short order.

Meantime, I continue to strive for that balance of supporting my team on the park whilst withdrawing that support of the club off the park.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I assume it's this :

I hesitated to post this further comment on our plight, but in light of the misinformation being spread, and the consequently misguided opinions being expressed on here (most recently by Cuparman who I hope might regret his latest capital-lettered tirade), I feel the need to speak up again.

Even before receiving some corroboration, I detected a hint of a "sorry-but-not-sorry-at-all" flavour to Thursday's board statement. A bit like Boris Johnson saying sorry, when all he's sorry for is having been caught, not for the misdemeanour itself.

I now have been told on good authority by two completely separate but nonetheless knowledgeable contacts that there is little or no contrition, regret from within the boardroom, or even acknowledgement of the wrongness of the process or the decision to ignore advice received and proceed with the signing of the player.

Indeed, the opposite is the case. There is a degree of complacency and smugness within the boardroom that it'll all blow over, they'll find new main sponsors "no bother" [indeed claiming that to be already virtually in the bag], and they'll continue to float around kidding on they're competently running the show. Further, in one case, the whole story is being light-heartedly laughed off [I kid you not]

I apologise here and now for not detailing further, or naming & shaming, at least for the time being - I hope that reasons for that will come out in fairly short order.

Meantime, I continue to strive for that balance of supporting my team on the park whilst withdrawing that support of the club off the park.

thats the one , you all beat me to it