The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

It's such a long name, too. You'd think by the time you got to the second L, and you'd been at it for about 40 minutes, you'd think... 

"Hang on... Am I a total c**t?" 

You used to be seriously ITK so surely you must know more than your letting on ? So cmon what aren't you telling us?

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I've no idea what he's done since his conviction. Martindale has gone out his way to show that he's a reformed character. Goodwillie has just spoken about how he went bankrupt and has to drive a banger because of the civil court. Goodwillie is free to find any club he wants who will accept him. At Rovers, we're clearly not accepting him because our fans think that a community club shouldn't have someone who has been judged to be a rapist running about on the pitch wearing our colours. 

your club did accept him though..........

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Agreed, Tumilty especially just stood in front of the stand for a solid 15/20 seconds and applauded. I get the feeling they genuinely appreciate the support they’re receiving and ultimately deserve. They’ve played no part in this shit show. 

Were you at the match? I thought you said that you had handed your season ticket back to the club?

Edited by Enigma

26 minutes ago, The craw said:

seems that the livi boss can get a second chance in life yet goodwillie cant?

He got a second chance and committed assault again.

Got another chance and commited assault again.

4th chance and he raped someone.

Five times lucky?

Just now, The craw said:

your club did accept him though..........

Four people from our club accepted it.

Unfortunately, they conveniently forgot to listen to Bill Clark, our fan's director, our SLO, our main sponsor (who is one of Scotland's most high profile feminists), and the many fans who emailed the club to tell them that signing a centre forward who has been found guilty of rape in a civil court case was a really dumb idea. As a result, we're now looking at having to potentially pay up to a six figure payday to David Goodwillie, a player who won't have kicked a ball for us under the contract provided to him by the idiots who ignored the fans. 

52 minutes ago, The craw said:

whats goodwillie done wrong  since his conviction has he got himself into further trouble since?

Or is it a case that he just hasn’t been caught.

He has shown absolutely no contrition into his actions and indeed managed to wriggle out of paying for his actions.

While I don’t condone anything Martindale has done in his past,at least he has paid his dues and tried to make amends.

1 hour ago, The craw said:

whats goodwillie done wrong  since his conviction has he got himself into further trouble since?

Assault, try using Google, it's actually quite easy if you know how to do it.

Edited by keyser_soze

seems that the livi boss can get a second chance in life yet goodwillie cant? before the snowflakes jump on me im not condoning eithers actions but i never saw sturgeon slating martindale. 

people will say drug dealing isnt as bad as rape but try telling that to the families whove lost loved ones through drugs and dealers . both are terrible actions and things to get done for yet martindale gets a second chance while i feel people wont be happy until goodwillie is found with a noose around his neck sadly.
Hard drive check in Aisle 13 please.

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I am afraid 'shameful silence' sums up the club's continuing failure to properly address the matter. 

The strength and bravery of Denise Clair is simply incredible. 

She's been failed too many times by too many institutions and individuals. She deserves so much better. 

Everyone still involved in leadership at Raith Rovers should be on their knees begging her forgiveness, and finding ways to help make amends.