The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I can't get my head around Raith fans giving this man a good reception, I can't understand it. The fans of Raith quite rightly got lauded for there action in making sure that Goodwillie didn't play for there club, but amongst all that there was talk from the fans that walked that they wouldn't accept those who made the decision, staying. 

Now they're clapping a rape apologist, who's only comms about the decision was an utterly pathetic presser where he hid behind the excuse that it was a club decision, pathetic. Smearing the whole club, they can't complain at any stick, and any negative press they receive while they employ, and applaud a rape apologist. 

Grant, you always come across as one of the more reasoned posters from our rivals. To be fair there was an interview on local radio with Bill Clark before the game and he pretty much absolved John McG and Paul Smith of any wrong doing surrounding the transfer, he pointed the finger directly at Sim, Sinton, McDonald and Morgan. They in turn instructed Karen McCartney to deal with the financial side of things so it seems the CEO had no input into the transfer.

I'm assuming many in attendance today would have heard the interview and would have been somewhat conflicted about their feelings towards the management team hence a kind of mixed reaction. The directors however shat it and never showed face, they were getting dugs abuse if they showed up.

21 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:The directors however shat it and never showed face, they were getting dugs abuse if they showed up.

They were there ffs. Only maybe 30 fans started singing sack the board at full time, which I could almost guarantee wouldn’t have happened if there was a late winner for us. 

For anyone who missed Bill Clark’s interview here are some brief highlights…

He thinks Mcglynn is blameless in the Goodwillie signing. Clyde contacted the club over the weekend offering him to us. By the time it went in front of the full board on Monday morning, a fee/contract has already been discussed.

Andy Mill left the board in no doubt of the ramifications of the signing and that it certainly wouldn’t blow over in a couple of weeks. This was ignored.

He doesn’t believe that the story was leaked by the club to the media in December to gauge opinion. That perhaps answers why Val felt lied to when Karen M told her we didn’t intend on signing him. 

Karen McCartney’s role is beginning to conflict with team matters. She’s married to Smudger and she had no dealings with that side to begin with. Now she’s negotiating signings, there’s an obvious crossover.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

What’s the point of having a Chief Executive if they don’t deal with this sort of stuff?

If not the Chief Executive it has to be John Sim. He’s the Chairman and the owner.

Happy to talk about portacabins and "Raith Family"  tosh but invisible for the biggest ticket item in 139 years.

Im not going to be kind here bit it's not good enough, the CEO has a role to represent the clubs actions in all areas. As for not having a football remit..aye living with the Assitant Manager makes that possible. 

Sims rep but doesn't talk to him about football or execute his decisions, aye sure.

TBF to her its quite a CV so far (not all her direct "fault"); the floodlight fiasco, a collection of utter tosh statements re stuff like Keatings loan, R.A.I.T.H values announced the day we sell Tait and now this utter carnage.

In terms of leading the line, I recall one web interview where it was like a ventriloquist working her and having done a search a Courier article about too much misogyny in scottish football (really I didn't make that up)

Bill Clark wasn't exactly scathing but intimated none of this is quality work from a CEO. Ironically he said she was initially brought in as a marketing person....Good luck with that.

No doubt CEO or Sim rehearsing a presidential address for next week to soothe our souls. More likely it's like the scene from the deer hunter to decide who has to step in front of the press or Raith TV.

My guess is they have apologised to put a lid on the outcry. However I don't believe they ALL actually believe they were 100% wrong hence they are clueless what meaningful action looks like. 

They could actually turn this around to a "club learn big lessons, take action and set a standard for others in the game" story.

Joined the Trust and now follow RDS on Facebook, both know what's needed. Talk to them and the rest of the groups. 

2 minutes ago, Lester Freamon said:

A genuine wtf moment reading that post about the guy with the homemade Goodwillie lettering on his shirt.

It's such a long name, too. You'd think by the time you got to the second L, and you'd been at it for about 40 minutes, you'd think... 

"Hang on... Am I a total c**t?" 

seems that the livi boss can get a second chance in life yet goodwillie cant? before the snowflakes jump on me im not condoning eithers actions but i never saw sturgeon slating martindale. 

people will say drug dealing isnt as bad as rape but try telling that to the families whove lost loved ones through drugs and dealers . both are terrible actions and things to get done for yet martindale gets a second chance while i feel people wont be happy until goodwillie is found with a noose around his neck sadly.

seems that the livi boss can get a second chance in life yet goodwillie cant? before the snowflakes jump on me im not condoning eithers actions but i never saw sturgeon slating martindale. 

people will say drug dealing isnt as bad as rape but try telling that to the families whove lost loved ones through drugs and dealers . both are terrible actions and things to get done for yet martindale gets a second chance while i feel people wont be happy until goodwillie is found with a noose around his neck sadly.
Martindale went through prison, worked his way up the system and showed contrition about his involvement in crime. He's been candid about what he did wrong and how he's a reformed character. He is everything David Goodwillie is not.

2 minutes ago, The craw said:

Shut the f**k up, no one is suggesting that he takes his own life.

2 minutes ago, The craw said:

Nervous Episode 1 GIF by The Office

2 hours ago, Daz80 said:

They were there, they did briefly sit in the directors box then moved just behind to where the sponsors usually sit. Not sure if this was down to the rain but they were hardly hiding either.

Every chance it would be weather related. The director's box, even at the back, is very exposed to wind and driving rain if it's coming from any westerly part of the compass i.e. NW,W,SW and all points in between.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Martindale went through prison, worked his way up the system and showed contrition about his involvement in crime. He's been candid about what he did wrong and how he's a reformed character. He is everything David Goodwillie is not.

whats goodwillie done wrong  since his conviction has he got himself into further trouble since?

1 minute ago, The craw said:

whats goodwillie done wrong  since his conviction has he got himself into further trouble since?

I've no idea what he's done since his conviction. Martindale has gone out his way to show that he's a reformed character. Goodwillie has just spoken about how he went bankrupt and has to drive a banger because of the civil court. Goodwillie is free to find any club he wants who will accept him. At Rovers, we're clearly not accepting him because our fans think that a community club shouldn't have someone who has been judged to be a rapist running about on the pitch wearing our colours. 

A genuine wtf moment reading that post about the guy with the homemade Goodwillie lettering on his shirt.

Daft lad was in front of me as I was going out the ground with a couple of minutes left..it was masking tape on the shirt with Goodwillie 9 on it. I laughed thinking that his mates had stuck it on “kick me hard” style…..the boy was obviously a wee bit light in the heed…..you can’t possibly take an erse like this seriously he’s mair to be peetayd,,,,,,